betty boop

electric cars

20 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

So how many do you think are out in the country?  None!   I don't mean just one-horse towns either.  I have yet to even drive past one.

There was a clip on recent tv news with more elderly gentleman happy to show others in regional Victoria how gets about in his Tesla ... so folks are trying, but yes we are a big brown land and no one company will please or suit all with what offer :)

A

4 minutes ago, proftournesol said:

have a look at Plughare 9change the default US location to Australia)

then add in Tesla (also click on destination chargers)

I think that you probably don't notice them, petrol stations are familiar

They are hidden, you have to use an app to find them, no big deal except when I roll up to a Charging Point there is a sign that saids “out of action” TBH I’ve only seen an out of order sign once and it’s in the CBD!  

4 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

A

They are hidden, you have to use an app to find them, no big deal except when I roll up to a Charging Point there is a sign that saids “out of action” TBH I’ve only seen an out of order sign once and it’s in the CBD!  

Gee, there's no pleasing you! Everything is hidden until you know where it is! Most EVs will route you to a charger, there's a Plugshare app for your phone anyway. Yes, occasionally chargers are out of order, it's very frustrating, just as frustrating as turning up to the servo and they never had any 98 octane petrol. CBD is one place you are unlikely to need charging unless you are just passing through, but most CBDs have multiple charge points already

5 minutes ago, betty boop said:

There was a clip on recent tv news with more elderly gentleman happy to show others in regional Victoria how gets about in his Tesla ... so folks are trying, but yes we are a big brown land and no one company will please or suit all with what offer :)

That’s where there should be government incentives if they were serious....  An electric or Hybrid as I’ve realised only attracts a $100 off on your registration with RTA.... that’s it!   So what are the incentives must come from the manufacturer,  ATM if you get on the Toyota Website, the RAV4 Hybrid is only $2500 more, if it was any more I’d ditched the idea!   Especially when you’re told there a 6-9mths wait for delivery.   Your next viable option is the kuna or Model 3...  and no way I’m going to a Model 3.  

2 minutes ago, proftournesol said:

Gee, there's no pleasing you! Everything is hidden until you know where it is! Most EVs will route you to a charger, there's a Plugshare app for your phone anyway. Yes, occasionally chargers are out of order, it's very frustrating, just as frustrating as turning up to the servo and they never had any 98 octane petrol

Or diesel!  I know it sucks.....    

I went from Point Cook to Lorne last w/end on 1/3 of a tank, by the time I got to Lorne, I was ear bashed to to point of being deaf and was constantly told that if she didn’t work on the weekends, We’d be divorced along long time ago.... this is as google was telling us that we had 21km to the Caltex in Lorne and the info was telling us there’s 11km range left......  my reply: “ but you love it honey”.    😜. Happy to say we made it to that Caltex servo.

5 hours ago, proftournesol said:

...like hospitals are designed and run to make admitting doctors happy

This makes me sad on so many levels. Systems designed looking inwards rather than towards the end customer which often don't result in a great end customer experience. 

While I understand the dealer model and it is a good model that can work very well, inward looking philosophies/systems (whatever you want to call it) will die sooner or later as customers move to those who provide them with the best experience. 

5 hours ago, aussievintage said:

So how many do you think are out in the country?  None!   I don't mean just one-horse towns either.  I have yet to even drive past one.

It’s not perfect, but.....

3D7CB4D3-BE66-4918-91B4-81C743E0C9D7.png

265CADFF-732E-48A5-9551-F6112EE8C4AF.png

1A290EF8-5929-4977-A97D-587DD0B41FF5.png

EV charging stations are far more discrete than petrol stations. They rarely look like anything more than car parking spots. That's probably why you haven't seen them. Sometimes even I've driven straight past a supercharging station that I knew was there on the map and had to double back to find it.

Edited by Ittaku