Sign in to follow this  
BrownCow

looking for a good equipment dealer

Hi guys; new guy in the forums here. Can anyone recommend a good audio equipment dealer anywhere in New South Wales? New to the area; moving from NZ but originally from Brisbane. I'm trying to find a decent turntable to go with my system (Magnepan speakers, Quad power amp, Tara Labs cables, etc.), but I want to hear it first. Thanks

audio connection??

A number in Sydney are SNA sponsors and so the conversation may be a little less categorical than you are seeking.  My experience of Sydney dealers is limited to 2: KrispyAudio who were very helpful on xlrs, and Len Wallis who provided expert advice on a CD player as they have the national-level 'expert hifi advisor' contract for a major insurer.  Kiet was very good here.  Which broke my rule of 'if it looks like a Mercedes Benz showroom I usually go somewhere else'. Normally I look for a small shop where middle-aged overweight bearded blokes go in to to talk with the proprietor and you feel like you're interupting a private conversation when you ask the proprietor to try to sell you something.  There'll also be a back room where somone is in a comfy seat in front of some speakers and looks like they are there for the duration. IMO most shops in Oz large metro areas generally don't try to burn their customers on margin, unlike NZ cities where I could never be sure there wasn't an unstated agreement about prices going among among the dealers.  In metro Oz there seems to be the model of sell without greed and establish loyalty. It's complicated by the overheads eg how much is spent on dricks, mortar, staff, marketing.

Guest yamaha_man

Sydney Hifi in Castle Hill should be your first port of call without a doubt, Goran will look after you like no other.

https://www.sydneyhificastlehill.com.au

Edited by yamaha_man

I'm trying to find a decent turntable 

Not bothered by the manufacturer??

If its a certain well Known Scottish deck Give Harry at Audio Genesis a call.

ATBTase.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By iceman
      Price: $1300 Item Condition: As new, barely used Shipping Options: I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Bank transfer Reason for selling: Due to space limitations for speakers, I moved to a headphone only set up and there do not require an amplifiers and speakers Further information: 
       They have won a HiFi Pig award.
      https://hifipig.com/graham-slee-proprius-mono-power-amps/
      Item Measurement Power output (rms) measured 26 Watts into 8 Ohms; 45.5 Watts into 4 Ohms (ref 1% THD+N at 1kHz) Power bandwidth at rated power into 8 Ohms 10Hz - 47kHz (-3dB), 20Hz - 25kHz (-1dB) Power bandwidth at rated power into 4 Ohms 12Hz - 40kHz (-3dB) Total harmonic distortion and noise at 8 Ohms 100Hz: 0.043%; 1kHz: 0.047%; 5kHz: 0.061%; 10kHz: 0.085%; 20kHz: 0.125% Total harmonic distortion and noise at 4 Ohms 100Hz: 0.066%; 1kHz: 0.071%; 5kHz: 0.094%; 10kHz: 0.129%; 20kHz: 0.181% Signal to noise ratio in dB "A-weighted": 87dB; 22Hz-22kHz "Q-pk": 80dB Bias type Class Ab; Bias current: 60mA (approx.) Input sensitivity for rated output 575mV rms Short circuit protection Fuse and power supply shut-down (short circuits should be avoided to prevent component stresses) Fuse F2A 5mm x 20mm (glass "quick-blow" fuse rated at 2A) Power supply 48V DC, 120 Watt - self adjusting to AC mains 100V - 240V, 47 - 63 Hz; IEC cord supplied Size (approx.)
      Amp W105 x H55 x D205 mm; Power supply W65 H40 D170 mm Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Battler009
      Price: $800 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Sutherland Shire State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, EFT Reason for selling: Upgrading This pre-amp / processor requires very little introduction. Was Marantz flagship processor and supports the recent codec, such as DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD. Has the ability to map height or width channels however it doesn't support the latest Atmos, Auto & DTS-X object sounds. 

I have the original box and Auddessy mic, remote is working, but isn't perfect, however I have always controlled the unit via Marantz App.

Will serve someone looking for a great experience with surround / 2 channel sound not looking to move into the new object audio.

Note supports both XLR and RCA connectivity which can be mixed based on your configuration. Also offers 2 channels for subwoofer connections and eq.

I do have the original box, my preference is pickup, but will ship if new owner is willing to pay arrange / pay courier and take risk of shipping damage

While I have requested $800 I would also be open to a straight swap for a panasonic DP-UB9000 4K player

Photos:

• By AR9
      Price: $180 Item Condition: 7.5/10 Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Algester State: Queensland Payment Method: eft, cash on pick up, paypal Reason for selling: no longer required Further information: 
       I bought these from an Audio Shop in Caxton St. They are approx. 2m in length. I can't tell what they are but from memory, I bought pair of blue Heaven and a pair of Solar wind but sold one pair locally last year and kept this pair. Although the cables are identical but one has a blue line at the edge and the other one is clear. Perhaps someone here who is familiar with Nordost cables and can help identify with further info.  Apart from that, one terminal has recently broke off but can be re-connected if you are a bit handy. Cables have a few creases but no major bend or breakages ( apart from what mentioned above).  A arrow direction has been marked on both cable as per photo. Cable is silver in colour and no oxidisation whatsoever
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Eugene.cho
      Price: $430 Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Bella Vista State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, Bank Transfer Reason for selling: Bought a speaker setup Further information: 

Burson Audio HA-160D DAC Headphone Amplifier and Preamp

A really sweet sounding, transparent, open and powerful sounding DAC, Pre-amp and headphone amplifier.
      In v.good condition. Only use it once a month or so. 

Come with USB cable, power cable and preamp to power amp RCA 

happy to ship at buyers cost.

Specifications

Input impedance: 47 KOhms
      Frequency response: 5Hz (-0.3dB) to 35 kHz (-1dB)
      Signal to noise ratio: >98dB at 0dB gain
      THD: <0.001% at 6mW/300 Ohms
      Channel separation: >70dB/10kHz
      Output power: 650mW/300 Ohms, 800mW/60 Ohms
      Output impedance: line out 60 Ohms, phones out 5 Ohms
      Power dissipation: <25W, internal, regulated power supply
      Dimensions: 265 mm x 250 mm x 80 mm
      Connectors
      Inputs:
      1 x USB Connection (Support up to 24bit @ 96Khz with 10ppm low jitter
      clock)
      1 x Coaxial RCA (Support up to 24bit @ 192Khz)
      3 x gold plated RCA (line level input)
      Outputs
      2 x headphone jacks 6.35mm
      1 x pre -out with 10Db gain
      Weight: app. 7 kg
      Color: silver anodized aluminium

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.