Soundtracks: Currently Spinning

Not sure if this has been posted up here, but this place seems to get a lot of OST in . Pricing is a bit variable and postage not that cheap.  I have bought a couple of CDs off them without issues tho. 

https://lalalandrecords.com

This where I got my LaLa Land and Star Trek “The motion picture” soundtracks from. Ok pricing and very good records, especially the Star Trek, what a ripper.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, unclemack said:

This where I got my LaLa Land and Star Trek “The motion picture” soundtracks from. Ok pricing and very good records, especially the Star Trek, what a ripper.

I've just ordered the Bram Stoker 3cd Dracula Ost 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Arrived today - 3cd and a booklet (which doesn't fit properly in the case...sigh) 

image.thumb.jpeg.c1a6bde907ae78fddb1283fbcb518a83.jpeg

That’s a fabulous soundtrack. Must be every cue on that 3 CD set. I’ve got the vinyl version that’s been around for ages. I wonder if they’ll do an expanded record set. Nice.
  • Like 2

On 27/12/2018 at 3:42 PM, cafe67 said:

Arrived today - 3cd and a booklet (which doesn't fit properly in the case...sigh) 

image.jpeg

Been listening to this all day and in a word....WOW! Theres some real treasure on this extended release thats really worth a listen. Loved this soundtrack (and film) from day one so I guess that helps but its a real nice package. Just wish they'd release this on vinyl so i could hear it properly in the church.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Man With The Golden Arm.

For those that don't know, this movie was about a junkie trying to kick his habit. The lead role was played by none other than Frank Sinatra. This original score is a mono release by The Universal Record Club, and happily for me, in pristine condition. Principally orchestral, as most musicals were in the day, it has a jazz orchestra in addition to Bernstein's, consisting of the cover credited Shelly Manne and Shorty Rogers, along with other notables such as Ralph Pena, Pete Candoli and Bud Shank. The drumming is a standout in what is essentially very dramatic music.

15495347886231102787968.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't seen the movie, but heard the soundtrack was a good one, plus it was by Colin Stetson, so got it anyway.

Yeah, it is pretty good aye.

hereditary.jpg

Then almost kind of a similar spooky sound (but yeah, not really), 30 Days of Night.  Another soundtrack I got before I saw the movie because of what I heard.  Didn't regret that decision either and ended up getting the movie as well.

51EI9PtIK9L._SX355_.jpg

And... continued back here again.

Edited by Monk
  • Like 1

On 07/02/2019 at 9:20 PM, t_mike said:

The Man With The Golden Arm.

For those that don't know, this movie was about a junkie trying to kick his habit. The lead role was played by none other than Frank Sinatra. This original score is a mono release by The Universal Record Club, and happily for me, in pristine condition. Principally orchestral, as most musicals were in the day, it has a jazz orchestra in addition to Bernstein's, consisting of the cover credited Shelly Manne and Shorty Rogers, along with other notables such as Ralph Pena, Pete Candoli and Bud Shank. The drumming is a standout in what is essentially very dramatic music.

15495347886231102787968.jpg

This one's just been re-issued on 180g vinyl. On the Vinyl Passion label.

Another new arrival from Amazon...  :whistle:

Another fine sounding album.  Need to rewatch the movie again now I reckon, but it's music from the film, which is a good thing.  Apart from that last song.  But let's not go there.

81i-pIhbPFL._SX355_.jpg

Surprisingly good soundtrack and I haven't yet watched the film, but I think I will be soon. I'm surprised, not so much from the performance of Lady Gaga who is excellent here, but rather how good Bradley Cooper is. 

Cheers,

Keith

A Star is Born soundtrack.JPG