Peerless Projector Mount

Just arrived today from B&H in the States. (based on recommendation from Al in another thread)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/593184-REG/Peerless_Industries_PRG_EXA_PRG_EXA_Adjustable_Projector_Ceiling_Wall.html/www.bhphotovideo.com/c/searchN=10525470&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi

AV subcontractor will installing into the Man Cave soon. Pre-assembled the main components for him (a little fiddly, but pretty straightforward). Ceiling mount and adjustable height pole will be screwed into ceiling stud through gyprock. Has integrated cable channel. I will hold onto the projector mount component until projector (?JVC) is purchased early next year. Mounting projector component to pole looks like a breeze. (just slides in, then push and turn clamping screw.)

Must say, it's a beautiful little piece of engineering (even before I've had the chance to use it). Very solid construction, and the 2 precision adjustment screws are just brilliant. Nice price too at around $230 AUD delivered.

Edited by Zammo
  • Like 2

glad you got one zammo and it has measured upto expectation. yeah literally nothing else of any type at any price in my opinion compares. beautiful piece of engineering indeed ! great there is something like this on the market quite frankly in a sea of utter rubbish and that can pick up instead :) must buy for anyone wanting a decent mount for a projector.

I have a Vogel. I was a little unsure when i replaced the lightweight Hitachi projector with a 10 kg Sony about 2 months ago, but its designed for 10 kg. it has an attaching system like the mast base on my sailboard with two spring mounted bolts. Its tricky to juggle the projector into the cup while holding in the bolts. Got there on the end with much swearing.

Its .......ok. Would not rave about it.

Edited by Briz Vegas

• 3 weeks later...

Me too, I didn't put it together or do the install, but the pro installer I used absolutely loved it, said it was great to get the accuracy of the image onto the screen.  It's literally millimeter perfect! 

I wish they had a face-plate for the point of mounting to the ceiling, which would finish it off nicely.  Overall I couldn't find anything else that would do the job as well.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the projector mount are using a universal thread?

I have a ceiling mount that I would like to replace with the peerless

hi pk, what do you mean by universal thread. universal thread on what part ?

the peerless comes with various screws to tackle most projectors so can screen the mount arms to the projector. on the JVC and epson for instance you unscrew the feet and use screws provided to attach to the mount arms instead.

in the case of the JVC I got some longer screws from bunnings. so if haven't got screws included that suit your projector its easy enough to get screws that suit :)

Sorry for the confusion.

I mean the thread of the bits and peaces that sit between the ceiling and projector mount.

Like the tube piece between the ceiling plate and the projector mount.

oh know very unlikely they will be compatible. you usually can't interchange between manufacturers

with the peerless mount you don't have to buy just the actual mount in the PRG-UNV

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/525470-REG/Peerless_Industries_PRG_UNV_PRG_UNV_Precision_Gear_Projector.html

525470.jpg

you can if want buy the wall/ceiling mount unit for not much more which with the mount comes with an arm that helps ether mount to wall or ceiling, these are the  EXA or EXB unit depending on the extension length required and these both have an adjustable extension length. 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/592963-REG/Peerless_Industries_EXA_EXA_Ceiling_Wall_Extension_Kit.html

592963.jpg

or the EXB

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/592966-REG/Peerless_Industries_EXB_EXB_Ceiling_Wall_Extension_Kit.html

592966.jpg

these used to be sold as a combined unit, but looks like peerless make them separately now :)

they are a very smart unit, and can be re orientated between using for ceiling and wall installations, below you will see mine being used on the back wall with my JVC :)

file_zpsd2531ea0.jpg