Sign in to follow this  
legselevens

Audio Alchemy DDS Pro help please.

Hi all, I have an Audio Alchemy DDS Pro transport which has stopped reading disks. I'd like to keep it if possible because it has i2S output which works with my AA dac etc. I'll trawl the net for info but thought I'd quiz the estimable brains trust of SNA as well.

When a disk is inserted the display lights up but there is no noise of a spinning disk or recognition of the cd. Gary Cawsey had a very brief look at it and guessed it might need a new laser or whole transport replaced but said to do proper analysis it takes time and might be too costly. I also goofed up and managed to dislodge the laser unit.

So is there anyone who can offer their advise on how to get this old spinner working or recommendations of repairers or competent diy'ers?

Cheers,

L11     

pic taken from google but same unit with separate PS270840-audio_alchemy_dds_pro_with_free_c

If it's the Pioneer upside down mechanism check if the laser lens has fallen off.

ron

Hi ron. Yep, it's the stable platter one. Lens has fallen out but I was having problems before that. I'll take it apart and see if I can clean and re seat it. Maybe it was partially out beforehand and was causing the problem. Would be nice if it's that simple.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stevan.B
      Item Condition: Brand new in packaging Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Kellyville State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements Further information: 

Single pack of Absorb XHD50 in black (6x 2400x1200 sheets). 

only needed two but MOQ is 3 packs. Perfect for DIY acoustic panels or bass traps.
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By daro
      Item Condition: Brand new, never used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Lindfield State: New South Wales Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: Abandoned DIY project Further information: 
      I have for sale an Elma Rotary 4 pole 24 way switch (model 04-4133). Perfect for a High-End 2-channel ladder stepped attenuator. It comes with the stop pin.
      I bought it a couple of years ago from the hificollective in the UK to build a stepped attenuator for my DIY project. I could not find time to finish the project, so the sale.

"High quality selector switch, non-magnetic bodied switch with 3 micron gold plated contacts over copper alloy. Ceramic wafer. Swiss made. Mounting hole 10.2mm, 6mm diameter shaft, 15mm shaft length body dimensions 76mm L x (32mm dia. x 25mm dia.). Make-before-break type. Superb for ladder stepped attenuators, balanced stereo stepped attenuators and stereo balanced TVC selector. Elma part number 04-4133."

Happy to post it. I'll cover the cost. Pickup also available from Lindfield (2070).

Photos: 

• By mattcalf
      Price: $500 Item Condition: DIY/Used, as is, will demonstrate functionality prior to purchase. Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Like many of you I have a passion for building things but by the time I finish the end product doesn't fit in with my living circumstances - surprisingly a 15" subwoofer with 3000w of power isn't appropriate for living in an inner city apartment. Further information: 
      Gday,
      For sale is my custom built 15" Transflex subwoofer (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/259509-sub-design-constricted-transflex-simple-build-series-tuned-6th-202.html#post5117336 - my build information starting at linked post and continuing over next few page). Driver is a Lab Eminence 15" 4ohm woofer, box is built from premium 12mm Russian birch ply and is tuned to 33Hz. This thing is huge and heavy, as such I am hoping to sell locally - outrageously deep, fast and sounds great at low volumes. Will just about pop a lung when cranked. Included is an appropriate amplifier for the sub - Behringer inuke NU3000. Selling as we have a newborn baby next door. Please PM with any questions. Attached are design plans and predicted frequency response. I am the builder and the only owner, more pictures of build process and driver specs PDF available on request.

Item: Lab 15" 4 ohm special run transflex subwoofer + inuke nu3000 (both included in price)

I'd prefer to sell all together at this stage, but if it's not moving I might consider selling stuff separately.
      Would be interested in a trade for Reloop RP7000mk2 or Technics 1200 (plus cash on my end).
      Should I sell anything, I will make a donation to SNA. I have extensive head-fi and ebay feedback if you'd like to see.

• By krakatana
      Item: RJM Audio VSPS Moving Magnet DIY Phono Stage
      Price: Withdrawn from sale
      Item Condition: Working perfectly, some scratches on cases
      Reason for selling: Now using MC
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Excellent sounding phono, used for six months, built about two years ago. The cases are thin Aluminium, but have brass or Titanium plates at connector points.

Materials used: RJM VSPS and Dual-Bridge Rectifier kits, Dueland wiring for signal paths, Arizona Blue Cactus 2.2uF 200VDC output capacitors (with bypass caps), Altronics transformer, Furutech Rhodium FI-03 IEC inlet with fuse, 2 x Aluminium cases, Stillpoint ERS tape around power cable (light blue) in phono case, Gold coated pure Copper RCA plugs, 2 cm slate pieces under circuit boards and transformer, brass (front) and Titanium plates (rear). Well over $200 of materials used.

http://phonoclone.com/diy-pho5.html
      http://phonoclone.com/pcb.html
      http://phonoclone.com/diy-guide.html

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
      This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

• By Mickey1
      Item: New Zealand
      Price: $550 each 
      Item Condition: Used but totally functional
      Reason for selling: Finished the task I brought them for
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank deposit
      Extra Info: 
      Price Reduced, these are now incredible value.
      I have 4 of these for sale, they were in used condition when I purchased them and are renowned for being the work-horse of the professional Audio Industry.
      These are the best CD burners you can buy, as the make an exact audiophile copy of any CD, regardless of any copy encryption.  These are also a great CD transport and perfect for using as a CD player by themselves.
      They were made by Pioneer's commercial division and then re-badge as Otari, HHB or Fostex, but they are all the same machine internally.
      They are incredibly well build and designed to be longstanding as well as heavy duty. They are shielded with a full copper chassis, even the screws used are copper.
      They all utilize the pioneer stable platter system making them a great stand alone CD player also.
      I have used these to back up my extensive CD collection, but they are ideal for anyone wanting to turn their vinyl into CD's, having a high quality Analogue to Digital converter built in as standard.
      All parts are still available today, and even though there is a lot of life in these yet, they are totally serviceable in the future.
      I run a very high end audio system and have done back to back recordings on a computer and on these, and then done an A/B comparison, and well the reality is there is no comparison. The copy has more detail, and contrast.
      They copy in real time, so you can also listen while making a copy.
      These will produce a copy which displays all the same characteristics of the original and it is clearly noticeable. Forget making a copy on a computer, this is the only way you want to do it if the best quality is what you want.
      These are also ideal for anyone wanting to turn any live recording into an audio CD.

One other major feature of these is that they will burn to any data CD, it doesn't have to be the more expensive audio CD. 
      Also once you have made a copy, you can if you wish add copy protection so they cannot be further copied. (except on one of these)

These are all 120v (they never made any 240v) and have been used with step down transformers with no issues.