Jake

Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

Watched Angel Has Fallen last night. Not as enjoyable as Olympus or London but still worth a few hours of your time for implausible shoot 'em ups.

MV5BMDEyNTg2YzktOWU2ZS00MjFkLThiOGQtNmY3

Just watched Joker. 

Finally……………………………………………

Watched about 15 min of Joker a couple of days ago, just wasn't in the right mood for dark and uncomfortable.  Engaging nonetheless, looking forward to the challenge when the time is right.  I don't know anything about this movie, except Joaquin's in it, and it's based on a Batman character.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz

Yes, it’s a Comic movie with substance, for once. 

Probably a better Joker than Heath’s. 

Edited by Sime

Wanted to watch this movie since it came out but only watched it the other day round a mate's place.

Was very good!

Had me teary eyed all the way through.

Edited by muon*

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 8:32 PM, muon* said:

Wanted to watch this movie since it came out but only watched it the other day round a mate's place.

Was very good!

Had me teary eyed all the way through.

G'day Ian.

I also watched this recently and loved it.  Based on a true story and the real dude had a close connection with making the film.

Yes, and Bob played himself :)

48 minutes ago, muon* said:

Yes, and Bob played himself :)

I just came back to edit my earlier post to that effect.

How could I forget the lead actor!

Gifted - good story and performance of the actors especially Mckenna Grace

Picked this up at the local Op Shop yesterday for $1.

24 Hour Party People.

1972753893_24HourPartyPeople-Copy750.jpg.e4456340aa871d9801351dbf80fb7e18.jpg

Info from the cover...

Tony Wilson:  a young Cambridge graduate and TV presenter, inspired by the Sex Pistols' first Manchester gig, founds Factory Records and the Hacienda nightclub.  The bands he signs include:  Joy Division ( New Order ) and the Happy Mondays, while the Hacienda transforms Manchester into 'Madchester' - the Place to be.

All this is built on Wilson's anarchic business philosophy:  no contracts, just passion, music and hedonism - if the bands don't like it they are free to leave.  No-one leaves, but with mounting debts and hangovers rocketing, things do get completely out of hand.

Steve Coogan is perfectly cast as Wilson, struggling to hold it together in a world of vice and angst-ridden geniuses, in this brilliantly sustained portrait of the Manchester scene from Director Michael Winterbottom.

I have never heard of this movie and picked it up because of Steve Coogan.

I really enjoyed the movie and the bonus disc with some interviews from the real life characters.

Featuring the music of Joy Division ( I never knew where this name came from ), New Order, Happy Mondays, Sex Pistols, Buzzcocks and The Clash.

Also featuring a cameo by Simon Pegg and a great performance by Andy Serkis as music producer.

IMHO this movie epitomizes the DEATH of music as we [circa 60's-70's LP buying public]

It introduced a drug infilled [MDA] effect crowd, where the music was no longer LIVE.

The Hacienda Club in Manchester, where the DJ became a easy king pin [and resultant Ecstasy sales]  resulted in the loss of live entertainment.

A lot to answer to.