Jake

Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

I just watched the 4K disc of A Quiet Place.

Nothing special going on here regarding 4K over Bluray, as the movie is pretty muted tonally, it's not a very long movie either at 90 minutes, it seems to me like it's been written as a short film and slightly lengthened, much like Whiplash was.

I wouldn't really call it a horror movie either, it's more of a suspenseful drama with monsters in it, there is no real gore in it, probably why it got it's 13+ rating.

Still, I enjoyed it.

^^ Thanks. I'll be watching it tonight along with Isle of Dogs.

Rampage - based on reviews I thought it'll be pile of shite but at the end it wasn't that bad, of course full of traditional US patriotism and some of the scenes were overdone in terms of CGI but overall decent action running throughout the movie :)  

Tonight’s (Wed 22nd) The Weekly with Charlie Pickering- good LOL show this week. So much good subject matter to leverage off. 

Hotel Transylvania 3 - great follow up 

Deadpool 2 - still funny with a lot of action

Ocean's 8 - robbery action continues, good follow up with... 

Unlocked - another good action/thriller movie with Noomi Rapace 

Guest Muon N'

Watched a doco about gangs in NY that was the inspiration for the movie The Warriors.

Found it on youtube, called 'Rubble Kings'.

Trailer

Well the footy seasons over... and my wife and kids are at the in laws for school holidays... so time to fire up the HT room

Watched Deadpool 2 last night. Not a patch on #1. Lacked the surprise factor of the first and they attempted to get passed that by packing in twice as many jokes which I thought took away from the truly funny bits, of which there were admittedly still plenty.

Tonight will be Ready Player One... I've got a bit of a stock pile of discs to get thru

Couldn't realy get into Deadpool but loved Ready Player One...

Chips - stupid, very stupid but also very funny in certain moments :lol:

Death wish - I think Bruce getting out of steam, still watchable action movie tho...

Central Intelligence - boooooooring...

Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom. Really enjoyed it, some memorable scenes!

Makes you wonder though why all scientists do things they don't know about in the rain during the night....

Cheers,

Alberto

Skyscraper - good action, CGI on very good level and not overdone, all in all watchable...

I finally watched 'Gravity' (bluray) the other night. I enjoyed it.....great CGI work, great soundtrack and a pretty good, albeit far fetched, storyline.

I watched "Jumanji: Welcome to the jungle" the other night.

As I wasn't expecting too much, it surpassed my expectations. The movie is funny as, with Jack Black stealing the show and the Rock a close second.

Definitively give it a go, if that sort of movie is your thing.

Cheers,

Alberto

18 hours ago, betocool said:

I watched "Jumanji: Welcome to the jungle" the other night.

As I wasn't expecting too much, it surpassed my expectations. The movie is funny as, with Jack Black stealing the show and the Rock a close second.

Definitively give it a go, if that sort of movie is your thing.

Cheers,

Alberto

I have fond memories of watching the original Jumanji with my kids.....we all loved it. The kids loved anything with Robin Williams in it!😄

I like Jack Black and the Rock, so I might give the new one a look.👍

2 hours ago, stevoz said:

I have fond memories of watching the original Jumanji with my kids.....we all loved it. The kids loved anything with Robin Williams in it!😄

I like Jack Black and the Rock, so I might give the new one a look.👍

Keep your expectations low enough, and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers,

Alberto

I've really got into this chap's YouTube channel. Some really cheesy black and white stuff there but also some terrific old films that I've only seen once if at all over the years and doubt I would have come across if not for him. (I assume it's a him)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzfV8ocVsP05NrIWlCawnOw/videos

I watched 'Transformers: The Last Knight'............last night😉. Yes, it's the usual Michael Bay jumble of average and way too long story line cobbled together as an excuse for some CGI wizardry......but boy, what CGI and soundtrack wizardry it is!!! The CGI work is truly stunning and the soundtrack is among the finest I have heard. I thoroughly enjoyed it for the technical achievement alone.👍 My distant neighbours did not!😄

On 05/11/2018 at 12:01 PM, Hergest said:

I've really got into this chap's YouTube channel. Some really cheesy black and white stuff there but also some terrific old films that I've only seen once if at all over the years and doubt I would have come across if not for him. (I assume it's a him)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzfV8ocVsP05NrIWlCawnOw/videos

Gone!🙁

From it's page......"This channel does not exist."😕

2 hours ago, stevoz said:

Gone!🙁

From it's page......"This channel does not exist."😕

I know, I watched half a dozen and had a list of the others I wanted to watch and pooof! It expired. Most annoyed. You wouldn't think there was any copyright or anything involved with the age of those so heaven knows what happened.

Watched 'Tower Heist' last night with Ben Stiller (on Bluray).

I enjoyed it a lot.....very funny. Eddie Murphy's still got it.😄

had retro sci-fi evening with Outland and Timecop, it's funny watching action, tricks and CGI from that time again, I think now it's more than ever clear that even at that time these movies weren't up to Spielberg, Lucas or Cameron level but still very good 🙂 

Not enjoyable, yet, quality.

On 08/12/2018 at 6:38 PM, kukynas said:

had retro sci-fi evening with Outland and Timecop, it's funny watching action, tricks and CGI from that time again, I think now it's more than ever clear that even at that time these movies weren't up to Spielberg, Lucas or Cameron level but still very good 🙂 

Outland is [a level] beyond those you've listed.