Jake

Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

Hey Mick, no wonder you soldier boys were passed out all the time; better to sleep than drink more of that crappy XXXX. Wouldn't be Crash Craddock or the Stones playing on that RtoR would it?

Hey Mick, no wonder you soldier boys were passed out all the time; better to sleep than drink more of that crappy XXXX. Wouldn't be Crash Craddock or the Stones playing on that RtoR would it?

Hi Grumpy

You back in control of your music again now? Grandkids are great, but so is listening to music!

They didn't even offer Coopers over there, but at $0.30 a can we didn't complain too much...

Na for some reason early rocknroll (except for Roy Orbison why him???) and Stones weren't all that big over there in '68. It was mostly American (Duh) - Doors, Dylan, Hendrix, Mothers, Taj Mahal and the psychedelic stuff - Turtles (or Phosphorescent Leech & Eddie), Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, Big Brother w Janis, Electric Flag, Ultimate Spinach, Al Kooper and Mike Bloomfield etc, Eric Burdon & the Animals in their LSD phase ( San Franciscan nights, Monterey) and of course lots of soul - James Brown, Joe Tex, Wilson Pickett, Otis Redding, Temptations, Booker T et al.

Hey - now you've got me OT again, just when I was trying so hard - I'll try & report on a movie soonish...

Cheers

Mick

Hi

yes. Sorry for going OT, but here's one of me just back with my newly acquired Aiwa Reel to Reel. (30 wpc Vs 4 from Akai, and with a phono stage for the Pioneer turntable) after RnR leave in Hong Kong, playing my mates the latest from the Doors and the Electric Flag...

Cheers

Mick

Mick,

Great photos, I guess by looking at the photos of you we'd all recognise you walking down the street??

This is OT as well but what about some more photos posted somewhere in the Chill out room. I find this stuff fascinating. MY 80 year old neighbor was in Japan in 1946 with the AIF performing demolition work with the Bomb Disposal Unit. He took heaps of photos over there, put them into albums and wrote down what, where and when they were. Some great 1940's shots and comments from a young Aussie soldier. He's got some great stories including his eye witness accounts of the aftermath of both the bombed cities.

Jake > it's all about the blue box my friend.

and how mesmerizing is the club silencio scene??

if you really want to watch a movie that makes no sense, another david lynch classic - Lost Highway. my brain exploded trying to figure that one out

watched V for Vendetta the other night....mmmm, natalie portman

No Country For Old Men

As usual the Coen brothers have served up a gripping thriller of a flic. Although as usual the hype around this movie has exceeded the film's actual worth IMO. Yes, I enjoyed it, but I have enjoyed other Coen brother movies even more.

Still, it kept us off the streets last night. :mad:

[ATTACH]3097[/ATTACH]

Watched 'The Good Shepard' on Saturday night on my new big screen. *grins*

I really enjoyed this cold-war thriller.

My wife didn't totally get it. Consumed too many bubbles I expect.

Ya gotta pay attention.

I like fims like that.

Recommended.

Watched 'The Good Shepard' on Saturday night on my new big screen. *grins*

I really enjoyed this cold-war thriller.

My wife didn't totally get it. Consumed too many bubbles I expect.

Ya gotta pay attention.

I like fims like that.

Recommended.

Must have missed something MrHP. Which new big screen would that be then?

:mad:

Got pics?

We need Pics!!

Sorry guys. It's been up for a couple of weeks, with TonyC's expert assistance.

I purchased a Benq W5000 DLP projector & a 115" scope screen.

Still not tweaked.

Very happy with it.

MrVeryHP