Jake

Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

I've been having a blast of the past lately, some super-hero stuff, and catching up on the Marvel bits before Avengers: Endgame.

Batman (1989): A bit clichéd, and it looks slightly low budget, but great flick all in all with Jack Nicholson doing a superb Joker. Of course, you could argue that the Dark Knight Trilogy wins by a mile, and you'd probably be right, still, a movie worth watching.

Die Hard: Need I say more, pure enjoyment from start to finish! Only one thing is missing to make it a 2019 movie: mobile phones.

Terminator and Terminator: Judgement Day: What a  difference between the first and the second one!

Iron Man, Iron Man 2: Hadn't watched them in a few years, seemed a bit grittier that I remembered, which was nice.

You gotta love a holiday, lotsa time to watch some flicks!

Cheers,

Alberto

Going on with more Marvel goodies,

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014). Heaps of fun!

Captain America, The First Avenger (2011). I'd forgotten how good it was.

Avengers (2012). It is a seriously cracking movie. A very good follow-up to the above.

Iron Man 3 (2013 or so). Now this one is one of my favourites in the whole MCU canon. It's darker than the previous ones, portrays Tony Stark as a more human character, and has one or two twists in the plot which are hilarious. Some bits at the beginning are seriously scary.

Last night: Avengers - Endgame. Tell you what, having done my homework, it was very worth it!

Cheers,

Alberto

e737d39f7274b8973f5c1c6a23fd22f5.jpg

Not a bad spy thriller but it feels like one of those films where it got pulled in a few different directions during editing and consequently is a bit weaker for the lack of focus.

I have Tracks to watch but have been unsuccessful in convincing the better half that it isn't going to be colossally boring

882e560eee69b5d985830f1d7f2fa0d5--tracks

I watched 'The Favorite' last night, that's loosely based on the known interactions between Queen Anne and Lady Marlborough.

It's a strange sort of movie, that's both sad and funny in it's own quirky way.

I suppose you could say it's a movie about manipulation and deceit.

There are funny parts in the movie, you can tell the script was very tightly written and edited, with some lines spoken that are funny more because of there mild shock value, and the comic timing of the actors.

The two dance scenes are the funniest things in the movie, I think it would be safe to say they were at least partially improvised, because the actors just seem to be having so much fun doing them.

I'd recommend the movie, but don't expect it to be side splittingly funny, as you do get to feel for the characters and there is always a victim that changes with circumstance,this gives the movie a dark edge.

31 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

that's loosely based on the known interactions between Queen Anne and Lady Marlborough. 

Yes indeed it was. I enjoyed it and the depiction of  the two political groups of the day was done well too. The Whig supremacy began straight after her death. The rabbit allusion to her 17 pregnancies was a great concept.

Olivia Coleman a deserved winner of ole Oscar

Posted (edited)

Watched Movie 43 last night. Is it wrong to say I enjoyed this movie? Seeing so many actors making dicks of themselves was just so fun. I heard Richard Gere tried to get out of the movie. He has one of the best scenes.

Edited by deviltoob

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, deviltoob said:

Watched Movie 43 last night. Is it wrong to say I enjoyed this movie? Seeing so many actors making dicks of themselves was just so fun. I heard Richard Gere tried to get out of the movie. Have has one of the best scenes.

One of the movies that took me by surprise in a hilarious way.  Laughed my guts out, knew most of the actors, and never knew about it.

Recommended if ya like filthy humour done in a delightful and oddly different manner.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz