Jake

Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, kukynas said:

Shazam - maybe interesting for age of 10-13 otherwise highly avoidable 

Lol. Aren’t most superhero films aimed at that level?

Edited by deviltoob

Watched St Vincent, Bill Murray. Really enjoyed it, had its share of comedy as well as its emotional moments. Good character development. 8.5/10.

So, good week this has been...

Saturday, went with the family to watch MIB International. Cool flick, not great, but Tessa Thompson does a great job. Some very funny moments, and I somehow like Chris Hemsworth more when he's a bit dumb rather than cool. The plot however is a bit scattered everywhere, there's a bit too much of everything, so in that regard it's a bit over the top.

Spiderman, Far From Home: Great flick. Loved it. Teenage anxiety at it's best and lighter than the previous Avengers installments (which were good, but a bit grim considering). Lots of humour, a bit cheesy at times. Ties up with Avengers: Endgame nicely. Watch out for both post credit scenes, they are incredible! Not saying more, but first post credits scene introduces an additional character. Say no more. I'm quiet now.

Cheers,

Alberto

Kursk (The Command), anyone've seen it yet?

Watched "Greta" the other night... liked it..great chick flick. Good one for the kids learning to play piano and making cakes.

:)

Went for Toy Story 4 Saturday.

Lovely movie! And creepy as hell! Those ventriloquist dolls are super freaky! Worse of all, you walk down the aisle of the cinema and there's these posters of proper horror movie dolls (Annabelle, Chuckie's divorced wife and what not), then you're confronted to these Toy Story dolls and think "have I gone into the wrong flick?".

Seriously loved it, I can understand some criticism from some other people online, but it's still a cracker. Memorable scenes, and animation as gone A LONG WAY since Toy Story 1995.

Kids loved it too... but the dolls freaked them out more than any aliens in MIB International. Like I said, scary stuff.

Cheers,

Alberto

Recently, I watched Asher (Ron Perlman), about a "Contractor" who performs pest control on humans, for a price. Quite engaging. At no time did I feel tempted to stop watching.

Some of the elements (mostly the neighbourhood) reminded me of Smoke. Some very poignant personal interactions for the main character are handled tactfully.
The cinematography in the night scenes reminded me "He Never Died",  which I shall be required to re-watch. 7.5/ 10

Then, later I watched Atomic Blonde. Elements of The Usual Suspects, Salt and lots of music from the time of the fall of the Berlin wall.  I didn't mind that the story was a bit long, as there was sufficient action to hold my interest, and the music was great in 5.1 in my lounge room. So many times the words "Don't trust anyone" came back and were reinforced.

Bugger that spying caper... 8.5/10 from me.

Utterly engaging and gritty yet beautiful at the same time, a must see-

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1164999/

I started off watching 'Big Eyes' and it took me 5 minutes to realise I had taken a wrong turn so tried out the above, I was hooked.

I watched 'Mortal Engines' yesterday on DVD.

Amazing visuals, great cast, good story.  The Kiwis sure know how to create CGI.

Posted (edited)

Todays viewing...

268x0w.jpg.67bdc3b86685377aba0deea02973185a.jpg

Both in fine form, really enjoyed it.  Many familiar faces popping up.  I was a little worried they might be past it, but some great laughs.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz

Posted (edited)

Watched this one through the week...

903218981_WelcomeToMarwenDVDCover_x500.jpg.895a51ee064fd8216ca93d7de7d8e4fb.jpg

Love Steve Carell in anything.

Based on true events, the fantasy world of a severe assault victim comes to life as he tries to cope after the ordeal.

Real life and animated dolls make this creative piece unique, Carell is perfectly cast for the role, building a world and story as self therapy after losing all memory in the beating and on the brink of losing his mind.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz

Watched "Avengers: Endgame" on Bluray.

And I'll probably watch it... again. And again... There's so many unexpected things and details about it, it's a joy. Oh... if you don't like superhero movies, avoid it!

But I'll give it a rest now for a while.

Cheers,

Alberto

Watched Aftermath on DVD last night , fairly typical prim n proper period war drama 

Jason Clarke plays the part very  well , peter Skarsgard is okay but seems a bit stiff  ,Kiera  knightly can act but this doesn't seem a good role for her 

bleak scenery as as most movie takes place in bombed Hamburg and a isolated manor house. The Hamburg scenes are very good and moving. 

Things seem to to go from loathing to lusting fairly quickly . 

Nice  piano based soundtrack 

From PRIME I watched the series The Boys.

Loved it. Karl Urban was especially terrific as Billy Butcher.

p16826253_b_v8_ac.jpgdims?resize=2000%252C2000%252Cshrink%26i

The Boys trailer

The Boys looks interesting though I haven't watched it yet.

Saw the trailer today before "Hobbs and Shaw".

Massive over the top entertainment, great action sequences, about 12 minutes all in all of non action be my guess, great interaction between both protagonists. A few funny cameos, and a MASSIVE Game of Thrones spoiler at the end. Good that I'm not a GOT fan!

Excellent popcorn movie. Don't ask for more, and you'll not be disappointed.

Cheers,

Alberto