Jake

Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

On 05/11/2017 at 8:39 PM, Kensell21 said:

ATM Currently watching a doco of James Brown on NITV. Great stuff

NITV has a lot of good music docos.

Been watching Godless on Netflix. Superb western. Gets better as it goes along. Wonderful stuff.

Finished watching "Return of the Jedi" the other night. On to "The Force Awakens" soon.

Man! "Jedi" just gets me, somehow. I surely understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for me the Jabba the Hutt sequence might be the best and most Star Wars part of the galaxy ever! And the Ewoks are OK, I don't mind them at all (surprising how they can organise an attack in such short time and have all in place). I even find Luke's performance better than Han's. Five stars out of five.

And next week... woo hoo!

Cheers,

Alberto

Just watched the 3D version of Valarien and the City of a Thousand Planets .

Pretty good movie IMHO, I don't see what the problem people have reporting not understanding the plot, and the movie wavering.

I can only put this down to the general viewing public gradually becoming more stupid with each generation.... The 'Dumb Down' syndrome

Major Alert Guys!

I just started watching a new series on Netflix called DIRTY MONEY and must say it's one of the best series of documentaries I've seen in years. The only think that comes close is a series made by Journey Pictures about the GFC and its aftermath.

I have seen the first 4 shows and am blown away by:

A: The incredible arrogance perpetuated by some of these corporate thugs

B. Insatiable greed at all levels

C: The level of corruption all the way to the top

D: The total complacency by the likes of the federal authorities to enforce charges.

Blah Blah Blah.

First up is the exposure of VW with their dieselgate farce. A must watch opener.

Second episode exposes one of your favourite pay day lender scams that resulted in the main thugs being divested of US$1.2B in assets to reimburse the people they ripped off. Just unforgivable.

Third episode is about the pharmaceutical company called Valeant who grew from humble beginnings but then exploded into a monster with a guy who was hell bent on creating shareholder value at any expense, even by increasing the cost of life saving drugs to over $250,000 for one stressed out family.

Their shares slumped from US$320 to about US$16 but I still believe they are still around. Shameful practice!

The 4th episode I saw was about how corrupt HSBC has been in laundering money for the Mexican drug cartels, (and others). This is a real eye opener but hardly surprising given the greed and amounts of money involved. Scandalous stuff.

So guys here's a heads up about what has started as a great series and one I am sure many of you will have you scratching your head in disbelief.

Enjoy the show!

Geostorm - was OK for once, but I wouldn't expect more than class B action movie 

Murder on the Orient Express - boring :( 

5 hours ago, kukynas said:

Murder on the Orient Express - boring :( 

Totally agree - hardly worth getting out of bed to see that one....... 2/10

16 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Did anyone watch Under The Skin starring Scarlett Johansson on SBS a few nights ago? A very good sci-fi movie set in Glasgow of all places. Here's a review of the movie by Roger Ebert. Worth watching if SBS decides to re-screen it.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/under-the-skin-2014

two days left!

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/834312771954/under-the-skin