Jake

Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

Posted (edited)

Another classic comedy I watched on the weekend was the very funny Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987). RottenTomatoes said of this side splitter " Thanks to the impeccable chemistry between Steve Martin and John Candy, as well as a deft mix of humor and heart, Planes, Trains and Automobiles is a hilarious, heartfelt holiday classic.

I agree 100%. The best thing both Steve Martin and John Candy did in mho. 

Image result for PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES

Edited by cultfilman

I've just watched the documentary movie CODA by Stephen Nomura Schible about the life and work of Japanese composer and actor Ryuichi Sakamoto.[Yellow Magic Orchestra, Merry Xmas Mr Lawrence, The Last Emperor, The Reverent]

It just came out yesterday, so I thought I'd grab it while JB still had a 20% off sale.

It's a very contemplative documentary as he has been fighting stage three throat cancer [seems to have got through it].

Recommended if you are music minded and like to see the creative process.

Just watched 'Deadpool 2' bluray.....the longer 'Super Duper $@%!#& Cut' (don't bother checking, those symbols are correct😄). Could 'Deadpool 1' be possibly bettered? I think yes😎..... 5 stars! .....and wanting more.👍

this one was a real surprise after a string of disappointments from the VideoEze kiosk! ... they used original 1940s rifles/weapons! the extras are well worth a watch... and a soft R rating... very effective soundtrack. I think I'll grab the B-ray.

On 16/03/2019 at 3:46 PM, Jimboz said:

this one was a real surprise after a string of disappointments from the VideoEze kiosk! ... they used original 1940s rifles/weapons! the extras are well worth a watch... and a soft R rating... very effective soundtrack. I think I'll grab the B-ray.

I enjoyed it immensely. The Dolby Atmos track is near reference. Image is pretty good on 4K Blu-ray, not quite amazing, but pretty good nevertheless. Historical accuracy is wanting, but hey, it's a B-grade horror made to A-grade movie production levels. Overall a great movie and very entertaining.

On 11/03/2019 at 1:54 PM, cultfilman said:

Another classic comedy I watched on the weekend was the very funny Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987). RottenTomatoes said of this side splitter " Thanks to the impeccable chemistry between Steve Martin and John Candy, as well as a deft mix of humor and heart, Planes, Trains and Automobiles is a hilarious, heartfelt holiday classic.

I agree 100%. The best thing both Steve Martin and John Candy did in mho. 

Image result for PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES

Those aren't pillows!!!!!!!!!

RIP John Candy. Planes, Trains... was a Steve Martin film of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels calibre, and not of SGT Bilko calibre :) 

What do you reckon the temperature is......

One