Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

30 minutes ago, Peter_F said:

This is one of my favourite movies which I seem to enjoy more with each viewing.  I find Gary Oldman compelling to watch. 

than you may like this one as well

71UsNRwmcJL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

Watched this tonight, bit slow moving , but anybody who has endured living in a 1 pub country town in the middle of bum Phuk nowhere , will appreciate it. Good acting and cinematography and good OST.  A nice alternative to big budget productions and suitability foreboding in parts. 

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 1

On 14/04/2021 at 8:33 PM, kukynas said:

than you may like this one as well

71UsNRwmcJL._SL1500_.jpg

Funny how when the director is unknown or they fear the film may not fare too well the resort to "produced by" instead of "directed by".

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 1

Last days off before my holiday started, I watched "Justice League" on Bluray......not too bad but already I cannot remember much from it and that just about says it all. Technically well put together but that's about it.

Watch Justice League | Prime Video

Last night I rewatched the "Total Recall" remake from 2012.....now this is a lot better than JL. The storyline is a nice twist on the original film (the main question arising: how does anyone have a two way talk to a pre-recorded message?), no Mars in sight, great special effects and a cracking audio track that will give your sub a thorough workout.  Enjoyed it a lot......again.

Total Recall (2012) - IMDb

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

Last night I watched the third 'Da Vinci Code' movie "Inferno" on bluray. This one I quite enjoyed......more than Angels and Demons anyway. Storyline was still quite far fetched but to me, it made more sense than A&D's storyline. Nice surround audio as well.....and I always enjoy Tom Hanks.

inferno-2016-blu-ray-cover-side - Screen-Connections

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

Another viewing last night, this time "Suicide Squad" Extended Cut on bluray. While watching this, I was asking myself "Am I watching the perfect comic book superhero movie?".....I really loved this film. Some beautifully unhinged performances from a great cast, especially our own Margot Robbie. What a committed actress she is! Audio track is fantastic, LFE and surround activity a plenty and the storyline was fine. DC proved they can match it with Marvel with this one. Brilliant!

Suicide Squad Extended Cut Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo  Pack: Amazon.co.uk: DVD & Blu-ray

• Like 3

On 23/04/2021 at 3:25 PM, stevoz said:

Last days off before my holiday started, I watched "Justice League" on Bluray......not too bad but already I cannot remember much from it and that just about says it all. Technically well put together but that's about it.

Watch Justice League | Prime Video

Last night I rewatched the "Total Recall" remake from 2012.....now this is a lot better than JL. The storyline is a nice twist on the original film (the main question arising: how does anyone have a two way talk to a pre-recorded message?), no Mars in sight, great special effects and a cracking audio track that will give your sub a thorough workout.  Enjoyed it a lot......again.

Total Recall (2012) - IMDb

and a fight scene between Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Beil doesn't hurt either :popcorn:. I must hunt down my copy for the next day off.

• Haha 1

Weird I  cant find any mention of this on search, but I’m sure it was mentioned here before. Anyhow watched this last night  on DVD. I’m not much a car buff even less car racing, but well put together with good acting by Bale and Damon and I think a extra mention to Catriona Balfe who plays Bales wife. Not just endless car racing but the story around why It happened. 

• Like 3

Last night I watched another 'ignored movie' from my collection, 2006's "Catch A Fire" on DVD, a fairly harrowing but ultimately triumphant look at one man's (real) experience of apartheid in South Africa and directed by our own Philip Noyce. Not perfect but still very good. 

Catch a Fire | Full Movie | Movies Anywhere

.......and yes, that is a HQ Holden in the photo's.......which Australia used to export to South Africa. How times have changed.

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

What a blast this was!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FBD6rn4Z8Bo/WBaOrYDTBxI/AAAAAAAAEpQ/fAyge_7v918S1TXHVNzmEG6_vvI3kneLACLcB/s1600/scan0006.jpg

Hadn't watched it in 20+ years or so! I remembered it being funny, it has aged very well. It provided a bunch of laughs Friday night, very well worth it. And how young they all were, after all, it was 1992....

Cheers,

Alberto

Couple of nights ago, I watched yet another 'ignored movie' from my collection, 2006's 'The Good Shepherd' on DVD. Really enjoyed this one, the two time period story line did my head in for awhile but it all came together in the end. Great performance from Matt Damon and a stellar cast.  Long, at 160 minutes but definitely worthy.

The_Good_Shepherd.jpg

• Like 1

A couple of nights ago I pulled out the "Death Proof" bluray for another viewing. Not sure what I was on when I first watched it and it was a number of years ago but this was almost like watching a different movie for the first 40 minutes.....until the action started. Very entertaining once it gets on track, one fantastic George Miller inspired car chase sequence and some good action but overall, a strange little movie. Not Tarantino's best but still very enjoyable.

See the source image

Then it was another 'ignored movie' last night.....this time it was the DVD of 'Death Sentence' starring Kevin Bacon and directed by our own James Wan from 2007. What a silly movie this was......pretty good action but not very believable with a generic revenge story line badly put together. Sure, he got revenge but lost virtually his entire family in the process.....what a silly Dad! Ultimately unsatisfying....more mystifying.

See the source image

Last night it was another 'ignored movie'.....ignored for around twenty years!

1998's "Enemy Of The State" on bluray.....I had caught bits and pieces of this over the years but would stop watching 'because I had it on bluray' and 'one day I'll watch this from start to finish'. Last night, I finally did that....and this movie stacks up pretty well. As a vehicle to get the public questioning the amount of 'Big Brother' surveillance we can be subjected to and how this 'cyber-snooping' can be corrupted, it is very effective and as an action/thriller, it's pretty good. Good to see Gene Hackman again.....and I have never before wanted so much to punch Jack Black and Seth Green in their smirky little faces!! Their roles warned us all just how evil 'nerds with cyber-power' can be. Great movie.

Enemy of the State (1998) - Rotten Tomatoes

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stevoz said:

Last night it was another 'ignored movie'.....ignored for around twenty years!

1998's "Enemy Of The State" on bluray.....I had caught bits and pieces of this over the years but would stop watching 'because I had it on bluray' and 'one day I'll watch this from start to finish'. Last night, I finally did that....and this movie stacks up pretty well. As a vehicle to get the public questioning the amount of 'Big Brother' surveillance we can be subjected to and how this 'cyber-snooping' can be corrupted, it is very effective and as an action/thriller, it's pretty good. Good to see Gene Hackman again.....and I have never before wanted so much to punch Jack Black and Seth Green in their smirky little faces!! Their roles warned us all just how evil 'nerds with cyber-power' can be. Great movie.

Enemy of the State (1998) - Rotten Tomatoes

I like this one a lot 👍

• Like 1

https://www.newdvdreleasedates.com/images/posters/large/the-counselor-2013-02.jpg

What a waste of time and talent. It really went nowhere. I'm still missing what was the point. Flashy, but no substance.

https://www.newdvdreleasedates.com/images/posters/large/murder-on-the-orient-express-2017-02.jpg

This one I did enjoy, even though some reviews were a bit meh. Scenery well done! Lots of talent together, acting, well... I can't complain, however, Mr. Poirot's fake Belgian accent did get on my nerves a bit. If anything, there's too much Poirot and too little of the rest. Other than that, very interesting story. Love Michelle Pfeiffer. She can do no wrong in my book.

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 1

Last two nights I have watched the first two John Wick movies (bluray)......what will I watch tonight?:laugh:

God I love these movies......so entertaining, so watchable. Kickarse audio, action and visuals, far fetched but frankly mesmerising storyline. This will be the third time I have watched this 'trilogy'.....can't wait for part 4.

John Wick (Blu-ray)John Wick Chapter 2 (blu-ray + Dvd + Digital) : Target

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 14/05/2021 at 3:46 PM, kukynas said:

I like this one a lot 👍

Me too. I've watched it many times. It has some great scenes and a really good plot. Plus, Gene Hackman is awesome in it.

Watched this last night. I remember attempting to watch it many years ago, but wasn't interested for some reason. I don't know why, because there's a lot to like. The story has it's moments, but what really shines are the performances and the absurdity in some parts. Christian Bale and Jennifer Lawrence do some of their best work, and Amy Adams and Bradley Cooper are good too.

80B149AE-69B9-458E-A5A3-FCF1C6AE61B7.jpeg

• Like 2