Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

On Sunday kids pestered me to watch "Night at the Museum" with Ben Stiller. Meh, I thought, ok, why not. I had watched it before, so, yeah it's ok.

I quite enjoyed it to be honest. It's a dumb movie of course, but there's the added plus of seeing Rami Malek playing an egyptian pharao and some funny interaction between Owen Wilson and Steve Coogan. As far as kid's movies go, it's real good.

And Saturday, the WASO (WA Symphonic Orchestra) plays "Empire Strikes Back" while the movie is showing on the back. A great present for I-Am-Your-Father's Day.

Cheers,

Alberto

Aquaman 

Probably the most over exaggerated POS garbage I think I’ve ever seen. Movies are getting really bad. 

I felt sorry for William Dafoe for having to subject himself to this level, but hey, gotta make a living. 

Edited by Sime

22 hours ago, Sime said:

Aquaman 

Probably the most over exaggerated POS garbage I think I’ve ever seen. Movies are getting really bad. 

I felt sorry for William Dafoe for having to subject himself to this level, but hey, gotta make a living. 

This was filmed in part at Hastings Point

They built a very small lighthouse on the head land and a timber walkway down to the waters edge

Too idiotic for anyone over a decade in age to watch right through but very amusing to see how that little building became a massive set of rooms when they went inside

1927831D-966B-4616-929E-ADB76A839FA7.jpeg

8A69ED79-F230-436B-993F-5711570DA62D.jpeg

BA48D254-EBB6-4E7C-A6F6-587034A102D0.jpeg

A21BB65C-6E7B-4E5E-9DE8-28150488DA7C.jpeg

On 10/09/2019 at 10:38 PM, LeroyLaurel said:

Going to IT 2 tonight. Has anyone already watched it? your thoughts about it?

Goes for 2hr 50 mins apparently! Far too many 'flashbacks' to the main characters childhoods from the first "IT" movie. Remember, it's thirty years later now.....and they've all grown up. Take some "no-doze' before you go......from what I've heard, you may need them.?

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

On 09/09/2019 at 7:22 PM, Sime said:

Aquaman 

Funny thing was when I flew to England in May on Singapore Airlines on both the way out and back Aquaman was constantly on someones screen and it appeared the whole plane with one or two exceptions watched it regardless of their age, gender or ethnicity so it appeared to be very, very popular. I will admit I wasn't tempted to watch the whole thing but now and then I would spend 5 minutes watching a scene on someone's screen a few seats in front of me and to my left. Didn't seem to let up with things going on every minute of the film.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, kukynas said:

A Dog's Journey - beautiful and very sad, feel depressed, can't comment now ?...

I hope you watched A Dog's Purpose  first. Very nice feel good movies...

25 minutes ago, SandS said:

I hope you watched A Dog's Purpose  first. Very nice feel good movies...

or Marley and me. After that 1 I no longer watch pet movies. If it comes on TV I'll watch the first half then turn off.

Probably doesn't help we've lost a cat and a dog in the last 18 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I enjoyed it, watched it a couple of times,  the kids today proberbly don't realise how many songs the Beatles wrote, must be over 200.. I remember my last year at school in England, they were number one every week for the whole year. It would have cost the film makers a few million for the song rights for the few that were in the movie.  I thought the bit where he meats 'John' was a good twist in the story line.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2019 at 8:03 PM, kukynas said:

Yesterday - very nice movie, well made, good story and actors

Good. Watching it as part of my Friday night session tomorrow.

4 hours ago, stevoz said:

A couple of nights ago.......John Wick 3 Parabellum on bluray.

Over The Top Awesome!!!!!????

I enjoyed 3 but it did come across as a bit convoluted. Still love the first one and often pull it out if I want some fun.

• Like 1

I bought the Aliens Evolution boxset a few weeks ago and have been going through the movies. Prometheus is excellent, first time I'd seen it. Aliens, the original sequel is utter garbage, far worse than I remember back in the day and I can't believe it was well received on first release.