Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

Well where to start....I have been working overtime for last 2 months. Long story short staryed to catch up on the movies as Mrs is away for the weekend... Wellso far a bummerr.....started with MEG...terrible lasted 30 minutes......nextone Mandy as I like Nic Cage...but Its slow and boring...lasted about 40 minutes......Then Predator....well Ive got no words....My Dog can act better than any of the actors in this movie.....Jesus...It's a disaster......You dont beilieve me...See Angus act.. tired lazy So He can get a treat without asking....Im done.....Time to watch something different...IMG-20190606-WA0000.jpeg

I just bought and watched 'Destroyer' from JB today,

The much vaulted[If you believe the hype] Nicole Kidman movie in a role where she plays a [for a better word], a De-shelved former undercover cop , having to face here demons when a case she was involved in years previously, re-engages her, and subsequently, her daughter.

It's released by MADMAN, and consequently , it's only available as a DVD for 'Budget distribution reasons' iy would seem.

This movie has it's merits, but it's not a 'Must Have'.

It's one paced, and because of the way the movie is edited, it's somewhat confusing as in time frame [is it current time ? or Flash Back ? - it swaps between the two too easily ]

This confusing editing left me not caring about the main story and charterer after 75% into the movie

Maybe a repeated viewing might amend that.....if I can be bothered...I don't know....other movies to watch.

I'll leave it as a tentative , OK movie.....Kidman is good in it, but I found her make up [as in visual] varied from scene to scene [could of been but down to lighting as well ], and that distracted me somewhat, as her aging [general look] seems pivotal  to the story

Watched Transcendence (Johnny Depp) for the second time. Don’t know what it is about this film but I absolutely love it. It’s before it time, the ideas it contains. The ending is a cracker too. I fail to see why everyone was so negative about this but each to their own I guess.

Edited by deviltoob
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, deviltoob said:

Watched Transcendence (Johnny Depp) for the second time. Don’t know what it is about this film but I absolutely love it. It’s before it time, the ideas it contains. The ending is a cracker too. I fail to see why everyone was so negative about this but each to their own I guess.

Checked the trailer and just ordered a copy. ?

• Like 1

Watched "Yesterday"... the other day! I loved it! But then I am a big Beatles fan, so any chance to listen to their songs rearranged is a good chance. The story is simple (but I won't tell), the acting is good, characters are likeable (check out Rocky the Roadie, he steals the show!), and there are one or two surprises along the way which are very well placed in my opinion.

If you don't like the Beatles, don't even bother. Seriously though, having to pretend you never heard of the Beatles must be difficult!

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 1

I watched 'Stan & Ollie' last night, about Laurel & Hardy's last tour of the UK and Ireland in 1957.

It's a really well made movie, the performances of Steve Coogan and John C Reilly are impressive, they really nail the characters and a very believable.

The other impressive thing about this movie is the makeup, especially turning John C Reilly in Oliver Hardy, it's a amazing transformation.

It's a relationship movie more than anything else, not only between Stan & Ollie, but also their respective wives, which were as mentioned in the movie, were another sort of double act.

Well worth watching, even the Blurays extras are worth watching.

17 hours ago, kukynas said:

Shazam - maybe interesting for age of 10-13 otherwise highly avoidable 

Lol. Aren’t most superhero films aimed at that level?

Edited by deviltoob
  • Like 1

So, good week this has been...

Saturday, went with the family to watch MIB International. Cool flick, not great, but Tessa Thompson does a great job. Some very funny moments, and I somehow like Chris Hemsworth more when he's a bit dumb rather than cool. The plot however is a bit scattered everywhere, there's a bit too much of everything, so in that regard it's a bit over the top.

Spiderman, Far From Home: Great flick. Loved it. Teenage anxiety at it's best and lighter than the previous Avengers installments (which were good, but a bit grim considering). Lots of humour, a bit cheesy at times. Ties up with Avengers: Endgame nicely. Watch out for both post credit scenes, they are incredible! Not saying more, but first post credits scene introduces an additional character. Say no more. I'm quiet now.

Cheers,

Alberto

Went for Toy Story 4 Saturday.

Lovely movie! And creepy as hell! Those ventriloquist dolls are super freaky! Worse of all, you walk down the aisle of the cinema and there's these posters of proper horror movie dolls (Annabelle, Chuckie's divorced wife and what not), then you're confronted to these Toy Story dolls and think "have I gone into the wrong flick?".

Seriously loved it, I can understand some criticism from some other people online, but it's still a cracker. Memorable scenes, and animation as gone A LONG WAY since Toy Story 1995.

Kids loved it too... but the dolls freaked them out more than any aliens in MIB International. Like I said, scary stuff.

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 2

Recently, I watched Asher (Ron Perlman), about a "Contractor" who performs pest control on humans, for a price. Quite engaging. At no time did I feel tempted to stop watching.

Some of the elements (mostly the neighbourhood) reminded me of Smoke. Some very poignant personal interactions for the main character are handled tactfully.
The cinematography in the night scenes reminded me "He Never Died",  which I shall be required to re-watch. 7.5/ 10

Then, later I watched Atomic Blonde. Elements of The Usual Suspects, Salt and lots of music from the time of the fall of the Berlin wall.  I didn't mind that the story was a bit long, as there was sufficient action to hold my interest, and the music was great in 5.1 in my lounge room. So many times the words "Don't trust anyone" came back and were reinforced.

Bugger that spying caper... 8.5/10 from me.

• 4 weeks later...

Todays viewing...

268x0w.jpg.67bdc3b86685377aba0deea02973185a.jpg

Both in fine form, really enjoyed it.  Many familiar faces popping up.  I was a little worried they might be past it, but some great laughs.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 3

Watched this one through the week...

903218981_WelcomeToMarwenDVDCover_x500.jpg.895a51ee064fd8216ca93d7de7d8e4fb.jpg

Love Steve Carell in anything.

Based on true events, the fantasy world of a severe assault victim comes to life as he tries to cope after the ordeal.

Real life and animated dolls make this creative piece unique, Carell is perfectly cast for the role, building a world and story as self therapy after losing all memory in the beating and on the brink of losing his mind.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Watched "Avengers: Endgame" on Bluray.

And I'll probably watch it... again. And again... There's so many unexpected things and details about it, it's a joy. Oh... if you don't like superhero movies, avoid it!

But I'll give it a rest now for a while.

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 2

Watched Aftermath on DVD last night , fairly typical prim n proper period war drama 

Jason Clarke plays the part very  well , peter Skarsgard is okay but seems a bit stiff  ,Kiera  knightly can act but this doesn't seem a good role for her 

bleak scenery as as most movie takes place in bombed Hamburg and a isolated manor house. The Hamburg scenes are very good and moving. 

Things seem to to go from loathing to lusting fairly quickly . 

Nice  piano based soundtrack 

The Boys looks interesting though I haven't watched it yet.

Saw the trailer today before "Hobbs and Shaw".

Massive over the top entertainment, great action sequences, about 12 minutes all in all of non action be my guess, great interaction between both protagonists. A few funny cameos, and a MASSIVE Game of Thrones spoiler at the end. Good that I'm not a GOT fan!

Excellent popcorn movie. Don't ask for more, and you'll not be disappointed.

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 1