Jake

Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

I thought it about time we had a Currently Spinning for movies, as I just dont feel right adulterating the Currently Spinning thread with movies.

And having just watched a modern classic what better time than to start now?

Tonight's viewing was the Final Director's Cut of Blade Runner. A dark tale of a future world, where replicants are so real they learn emotions, and good old Harry Ford has the job of taking out the dodgy ones.

Ive seen it before and been non-plussed, but now we have the PJ setup again the movie makes a whole lot more sense, especially when the viewing screen is 3m across.

Darryl Hannah's best role I reckon, especially the writhing dying bit.:D

Also of note was Wiliam Sanderson as JF Sebastion, playing a character he later came to perfect as EB Farnum in Deadwood.

[ATTACH]2863[/ATTACH]

Ah, i should get off my butt and watch this. I got the 5 disk bluray pack from amazon but haven't watched it yet. I hear its a classic.

I thought it about time we had a Currently Spinning for movies, as I just dont feel right adulterating the Currently Spinning thread with movies.

And having just watched a modern classic what better time than to start now?

Tonight's viewing was the Final Director's Cut of Blade Runner. A dark tale of a future world, where replicants are so real they learn emotions, and good old Harry Ford has the job of taking out the dodgy ones.

Ive seen it before and been non-plussed, but now we have the PJ setup again the movie makes a whole lot more sense, especially when the viewing screen is 3m across.

Darryl Hannah's best role I reckon, especially the writhing dying bit.:D

Also of note was Wiliam Sanderson as JF Sebastion, playing a character he later came to perfect as EB Farnum in Deadwood.

[ATTACH]2863[/ATTACH]

I bought 'Dusk till Dawn' yesterday and only watched the 'extras' last night.

Can't wait to watch this great weird movie again; and OH Salma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

I bought 'Dusk till Dawn' yesterday and only watched the 'extras' last night.

Can't wait to watch this great weird movie again; and OH Salma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

Now it's "Oh, Salma...!!!" I recall someone trying to throw my girl on the scrapheap on Friday for some young Italian slapper.....;) Hmppph...I say...hmphhhh :rolleyes:

SALMAHAYEK.jpg

cheers

2sheds

I just watched The Mist which is based on a Steven King novel. I thought it was very good. The movie has plenty of tension and kept me interested.

By the way thanks for sparking up a boring Monday morning 2sheds ;)

Dr X,

The Mist was pretty much canned on it's release but I thought, although it is a pretty flawed movie, it was worth the price of admission and has an ending of great power...

On the same night I watched 30 days of Night. based on a Graphic Novel (what isn't these days?) it's a ripper variation on the vampire theme. very exciting and creepy and very, very violent. Loved it.

Movie highlight for the month has to be Into the Wild. Sean Penn has matured into a stunning filmmaker and this film, based on a true story, is further evidence of his huge talent. This is a very thoughful, moving and beautifully written and acted film. See it NOW!

Cheers

M

I just watched The Mist which is based on a Steven King novel. I thought it was very good. The movie has plenty of tension and kept me interested.

By the way thanks for sparking up a boring Monday morning 2sheds ;)

Last night watched Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket" on HD

Enjoyed it a lot, again.

My teenage boys were so-so about it.

I saw it at the movies when it first came out 21 years ago.

No real ending. A bit like the Vietnam war...

Now I want to catch up with Platoon again.

Anyone got Platoon on HD-DVD?

MrHP

Anyone got Platoon on HD-DVD?

MrHP

Hi Mr HP

I don't have it in HD, but I've enclosed a few of my analog shots from 1968 for comparison.;):D

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mr HP

I don't have it in HD, but I've enclosed a few of my analog shots from 1968 for comparison.;):D

Cheers

Mick

You were there Mick?

Hi Mr HP

Cheers

Mick

Wow! You even had XXXX in the jungle!

Glad to see you made it out Mick.