ThirdDrawerDown

The Sunday night ambient now spinning thread

Kicking back listening to Brian Eno's Music For Films - one of the great haul of CD's I acquired thanks to Hired Goon's generosity.  Thanks once again Geoff.  Still working my way through a rather large pile of CD's and I haven't forgotten what I said re duplicates (and those CD's I'm not interested in).  It's just going to take me a while to digest them all, but I'll get there eventually.  Nobody else is getting their hands on Music For Films however...perfect Sunday night album.

Music For Films

Wonderful! Various pivotal Eno re-releases are due for re-release tomorrow.  Meantime tonight in the third drawer down we have let someone else choose the music:

Internet radio: Soma FM Drone Zone

Now playing:   Juta Takahashi - Quiet Rain

subdued synth washes and treated piano at glacial pace, lovely!

Listening to the latest album by Asura 'Radio Universe' on Ultimae - one of my favourite labels for many years for downbeat, space and techno.

Also Dr Atmo - 'Quiet Life'.

Last night was Exploding Star Orchestra - Stars Have Shapes. Ostensibly a jazz release, but to my ears it is largely droning/ambient in tone.

Been a while since I posted on this thread, even though most Sunday nights are filled with ambient tracks. More often than not, I'm just too busy to post what I'm listening to.  Anyway, tonight I'm listening to Harold Budd and Brian Eno - The Pearl.

Budd_%26_Eno_-_The_Pearl.jpg

Bliss

Just arrived today, not a new release butcd1958782d4500620e20c0ba5587b257.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey peeps love my ambient soundscape's although I like some drums mixed in (albeit mellow) anyone good any good suggestions on some ambient artists that use drums also?

Just Beautiful

3cc44ca9edbdc500e1e365f50b50e6b3.jpg

Erased tapes are Stella label

Hey peeps love my ambient soundscape's although I like some drums mixed in (albeit mellow) anyone good any good suggestions on some ambient artists that use drums also?

Have you tried bandcamp.com? Plenty of choices to pick from and you can stream the music before you buy.

Have you tried bandcamp.com? Plenty of choices to pick from and you can stream the music before you buy.

Hey mate yeh I've got band camp app installed actually just never really browsed it looking for ambiet/drum tunes

Nest - body pilot, arrived couple of days ago with Brambles - Charcoal which I have wait for over four months to get it delivered because of their pressing issues... That's up next after this one.7e22649fd2162e8c769956c15acb32a8.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By twaino
      Item: Vincent  SA31 +SP331 pre and power.
      Price: $1.495.
      Item Condition: As new
      Reason for selling: Funding for Consonance Droplet
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Willing to demo. You will be impressed.  Sorry no original packaging. Can deliver to Melbourne. Would look at possible trade for Droplet CD player .

Pictures:

• By mak0321
      Item: LZ A4  2ba+dynamic Driver Hybrid Mmcx Hifi Audiophile In-ear Earphones
      Price: 200$+postage
      Item Condition: excellent
      Reason for selling: Inventory cleaning
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal,

Pictures:

By Guest
      Item: EOI: Lamm m1.2 monoblock amplifiers
      Price: $11500 ono, non-inclusive of shipping
      Item Condition: Very good
      Reason for selling:  Moved on to other amplifiers.............
      Extra Info: replaced valves with Russian equivalent 6n1p23 which are much better than 6922s

In terms of complete disclosure, one lamm, had a problem with the delay switch, which is normally 45 seconds, and was taking a few minutes to turn on, I sent to Kimil electronics in Sydney, the Lamm nominated repairer, and this was fixed, without issue since
      i bought these from a SNA guy in Sydney 18 months ago, in exchange for Lamm m2.2s, and they are the correct Voltage for Australia. They were checked and rebiased by Chris at Kimil, prior to my purchase, bias is currently to Lamm specifications.

I have the wooden boxes, and manual for these, I can supply 6922s, if purchaser prefers. The shipping to say Sydney is about 60 dollars each, these things are very heavy, dimensions and weight shipped can be supplied to prospective purchasers. The details are on the Lamm website I believe.
      please remember that despite large size these are 100 watts class A into 4 or 8 ohms, and roughly double AB.
       https://www.stereophile.com/content/lamm-m12-reference-monoblock-power-amplifier
      Pictures:

• By samman
      Item: VINCENT SPT-100 HYBRID TUBE MONO AMPLIFIERS
      Price: $1500 ONO FOR THE PAIR
      Item Condition: EXCELLENT
      Reason for selling:NO LONGER REQUIRED
    • By paulk
      Item: Vincent SP20 Anniversary Edition Hybrid power amp.
      Price: $1250     paid $1730  RRP $3499
      Item Condition: 9/10 like new approx 8months old
      Reason for selling: going all valve
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
      Extra Info:   Bought this amp on speculation when Eastwood Hifi were clearing stock at very reduced prices due to a change in distributor. 
                What piqued my interest in this model, SP20, was the combination of valve input stage  and solid state output.
                  I have enjoyed this hybrid valve amp so much I have to decided to give all valve a go.
                 This amp has great bass weight and definition allied to a top end that is not harsh but has that beautiful valve airiness. But most importantly, this amp brings out the emotion in music.
                   The first 10 watts are class A with all that brings but still retains composure at loud volume levels.
                    Also included are various input valves including original russian, RCA (nos) and Amperex.
                       Eastwood Hifi assured me any warranty claims would be fully covered by the new distributor. 
                       I have original shipping cartons and receipt. Buyer pays for shipping.
                       Only to happy to answer any questions. 
                        Thanks for looking.
      Regards Paul

Pictures: