After going through a process of software comparison and tweaks, I have come to the opinion that you can get all "Audiophile accepted" software players to output the same results. And there is only so much you need to tweak inside software to get to that result, where you can easily can get lost in all the tweaker options that are available.

When it comes to hardware, there are almost as many options for upgrades but it's a lot more expensive to try them all out compared to tweaking your software.

What I want to do with starting this thread is to find out which ones have been confirmed to work within which setup and how this has been tested. Ideally it would be great to organize some gathering (Audio LAN party) where different type of hardware can be tested or tried.

I do have a PPA USB card where I cannot find a difference in SQ. Tested between 2 identical PC using the same software setup.

I also had a short change to try an Audio Audiophilleo in a 1 PC setup. I didn't find a difference in SQ on this occasion either.

I am using an Oppo 105 as a DAC and used CD quality files for playback.

Where I am interested in at this time is to find out the influence of the power supply and the difference between a high and low power system.

Please let us try to avoid any heated discussion about cables. If you want to have a debate about cables I am sure there other threads where you can do this. People can make up their own mind.

Edited by Primare Knob