Sign in to follow this  
fancyDolphin

Any ideas on a slot-load multi-format blu ray player?

Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get a slot-load multi-format blu ray player for my tv. I don't want to use a PS4 or an Xbox since it will need a separate controller, I'd prefer to stick to using my tv remote. Slot-load is important for me for aesthetic reasons, to place it vertical behind the mounted tv. 

Thanks.

Can't think of one but a cheap secondhand PS3 with the harmony remote adapter might fill the bill.  What remote are you using at the moment?  The other option might be a slim HTPC with a Windows Media Center remote reciever.

Hope that helps...

@@Gruffnutz

Can't think of one but a cheap secondhand PS3 with the harmony remote adapter might fill the bill.  What remote are you using at the moment?  The other option might be a slim HTPC with a Windows Media Center remote reciever.

Hope that helps...

I'm going to be using BeoVision's  BeoRemote One. I've looked into the harmony remote adapter and I believe that only works for harmony remotes so it wouldn't be appropriate?

I was thinking of using a computer's load slot which i believe is the concept for the htpc option you mentioned? Any good sites you know of on how to build one? And do you think I'd be able to integrate it to use with the BeoRemote One?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasperthecat
      Item: Denon DVD/SACD Player Black 2910
      Price: $500 negotiable
      Item Condition: Excellent condition, purchased locally brand new, boxed, limited use.
      Reason for selling: Upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: 
      Extremely well built, top quality sound, great unit.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By robes
      Item: Music DVDs as listed below 
      Price: As per each item or group of items listed below 
      Item Condition: Excellent (Discs are excellent or mint) 
      Reason for selling: Multiple copies of some, need to sell stuff for $
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, or COD ($13.75 COD free from Aus Post)
      Extra Info: Can post if necessary or pickup at Macquarie Shopping Centre 

- Jeff Beck Live At Ronnie Scott's - $10
      - Dire Straits Alchemy Live - $10
      - Dick Cavett Show (7 discs - Rock Icons, Ray Charles, John Lennon & Yoko) - $25  
      - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame LIVE (9-disc set) - $35

Photos: 

• By robes
      Item: Music DVDs as listed below 
      Price: As per each item or group of items below 
      Item Condition: Excellent (Discs are excellent or mint) 
      Reason for selling: The first of many - missus says we need space + need to get rid of stuff 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info: Can post if necessary or pickup at Macquarie Shopping Centre 

- Jeff Beck Live At Ronnie Scott's - $15
      - Dire Straits Alchemy Live - $15
      - Dick Cavett Show (7 discs - Rock Icons, Ray Charles, John Lennon & Yoko) - $30  
      - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame LIVE (9-disc set) - $45 

Pictures:

• By Bodalenko
      Item: Denon DVD-A! DVD/CD/DVD-A Player
      Price: $400
      Item Condition:  Has an intermittent fault in the optical tracking.  Cosmetically is perfect.
      Reason for selling: Taking up room.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info:  Have placed $400 but am open to reasonable offers.  The thing will give $4000 CD players a run for their money!

Selling my bought from new in 2002 Denon DVD-A1.  

This was the flagship DVD player produced by Denon when they made incredible HT and Audio products.  I bought it to match my Denon AVC-A1SE, another classic piece of Denon electronics that weighed as much as a battleship. 

Weighs in at an impressive18.5kg; and it's a DVD player!  

Sadly it has a fault where the optical drive has issues detecting the CD or DVD when first loaded.  This results in a noise from the CD tray and sometimes a normal playing of the CD or if not a need to open and close the CD tray a number of times, usually three or four, before it begins playing, When playing it perform perfectly for the entire CD.  

I have had the issue checked and at the time DVD's were being replaced by HD-DVD and BlueRay so spending $600 for a new laser assembly didn't seem to make sense but when the sound from this thing is heard it probably was.

I have it currently connected to a Moon system comparing the Chris Jones - Roadhouse& Automobiles CD from Stockfisch on the Denon V my Moon CD transport valued at at $7k plus and I'm shocked at how close to the much more expensive and newer Moon, the Denon is.     

For $900 repaired this would be great value.

In addition to being able to play CD's, when it finally does, the CD drive can be bypassed and the internal DAC's ( Burr Brown PCM1704 Audio DACs (these are rated at 24-bit 768 kHz and will oversample 96/24 8X) can used for external devices.
      Here's a link to  brilliant review of it.
      Denon DVD-A1

As much as the fault annoys me I love this thing but if someone else wants it I'm prepared to let it go.  Not much good sitting under the bed and being brought out yearly to hoping he fault has miraculously gone.

Comes with remote, manual and proprietary DenonLink cable..  

I have a video of noise associated with fault and with it working perfectly if needed.

Pickup only from Oak Park in Melbourne for obvious reasons.

Pictures:

• By Reubymac
      Hi all,

I'm looking for a good, affordable option for a CD player for my home stereo (probably up to $100 max at this point). I would love something that would hold a few CD's (to keep my wife happy, so she has minimal interaction with everything!)
      However a single disc player would be fine too.

Any suggestions on where to go, what to look for? Or anything for sale here?

Thanks in advance.