Sign in to follow this  
fancyDolphin

Any ideas on a slot-load multi-format blu ray player?

Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get a slot-load multi-format blu ray player for my tv. I don't want to use a PS4 or an Xbox since it will need a separate controller, I'd prefer to stick to using my tv remote. Slot-load is important for me for aesthetic reasons, to place it vertical behind the mounted tv. 

Thanks.

Can't think of one but a cheap secondhand PS3 with the harmony remote adapter might fill the bill.  What remote are you using at the moment?  The other option might be a slim HTPC with a Windows Media Center remote reciever.

Hope that helps...

@@Gruffnutz

Can't think of one but a cheap secondhand PS3 with the harmony remote adapter might fill the bill.  What remote are you using at the moment?  The other option might be a slim HTPC with a Windows Media Center remote reciever.

Hope that helps...

I'm going to be using BeoVision's  BeoRemote One. I've looked into the harmony remote adapter and I believe that only works for harmony remotes so it wouldn't be appropriate?

I was thinking of using a computer's load slot which i believe is the concept for the htpc option you mentioned? Any good sites you know of on how to build one? And do you think I'd be able to integrate it to use with the BeoRemote One?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Audionutz
      Item:  Cary 303/200 HDCD/CD Player 230vac
      Price:  $1175.00
      Item Condition: Good
      Reason for selling: Retiring audiophile
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal plus fees COD Only
      Extra Info:

This player has been highly modified by our own George Stantcheff  with the addition of triple stacked AD844 as I/V, as per the thread here on DIY Audio - http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/227677-using-ad844-20.html

"Couple of days ago we compared my Cary 303/200 using just the I/V of the AD844, up against the Thorsten Losetch designed AMR CD77 (TDA1541 double crown) that uses Thorsten's special designed I/V stage which I believe is tube based, output impedance <100ohms, so a good match with the Lightspeed as is the Cary. I was expecting the AMR to be better, just by it's reputation and the designer behind it.
      3 of us within 20sec thought the Cary was a clear winner, top to bottom, front to back and side to side, and it remained that way for the rest of the session, the owner of the AMR was mute and stone faced and said nothing for the 1.5hrs of A/Bing, and probably saddened by the result, the listening session which went for 4hrs, the last 2.5hrs was the Cary only.
      The system was my Lightspeed Attenuator feeding 2 x Halcro DM-78 monoblocks (input impedance 100kohms) pushing a pair of Wilson Watt puppy 8's
      This proved what I've been hearing that this AD844 as an I/V is something very, very special when used as I've done with no feedback"

This player is as close to "State of the Art" (if there's any such thing) as I've heard under $20k.  Due to the mods, the balanced connectors no longer operate. 

Only being sold due to the owner of the last several years retiring from the hobby.

Complete with orig remote & manual. Will pack & ship worldwide at buyers cost.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By robes
      Item: Music DVDs as listed below
      Price: As per each item or group of items listed below ($80 for all) + shipping 
      Item Condition: Excellent (Discs are excellent or mint) 
      Reason for selling: Multiple copies of some, need to sell stuff for $ 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD ($13.75 COD fee from Aus Post) 
      Extra Info: Can post if necessary or pickup at Macquarie Shopping Centre  

- Jeff Beck Live At Ronnie Scott's - $15
      - Dire Straits Alchemy Live - $15 
      - Dick Cavett Show (7 discs - Rock Icons, Ray Charles, John Lennon & Yoko) - $35  
      - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame LIVE (9-disc set) - $35 

• By Aaban
      Item: Yamaha CD-S700 CD Player
      Price: $575
      Item Condition: 9.5/10
      Reason for selling: Upgraded to a CD Transport + DAC
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer
      Extra Info: Shipping anywhere in Australia included in the price

Up for sale, phenomenal CD Player. Really precise reading mechanism. Fantastic DAC. Got it on December 2018 and used only about 5-10 hours a month, so still practically as new.

More info at: https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi/cd-s700/index.html

Selling due to a recent upgrade. Price includes freight to anywhere in Australia. I've got boxes, packaging, cables, remote, and user's manual in perfect conditions.

• By robes
      Item: Music DVDs as listed below
      Price: As per each item or group of items listed below ($80 for all) + shipping 
      Item Condition: Excellent (Discs are excellent or mint) 
      Reason for selling: Multiple copies of some, need to sell stuff for $ 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD ($13.75 COD free from Aus Post) 
      Extra Info: Can post if necessary or pickup at Macquarie Shopping Centre  

- Jeff Beck Live At Ronnie Scott's - $15
      - Dire Straits Alchemy Live - $15 
      - Dick Cavett Show (7 discs - Rock Icons, Ray Charles, John Lennon & Yoko) - $35  
      - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame LIVE (9-disc set) - $35 

• By a_recording
      Item: Fiio M11 Digital Audio Player + Official SK-M11 Leather Case
      Price: $400+ shipping
      Item Condition: Very good - very minor signs of use as pictured
      Reason for selling: No longer needed
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank Transfer
      Extra Info: Up for sale is a Fiio M11 DAP (RRP $699) purchased in July from Minidisc, Chatswood. In near new condition with only very minor signs of use as pictured. Original screen protector still fitted. The unit has been factory reset for a new owner. Besides original packaging and accessories (ie: silicone case, USB-C cable, digital coaxial cable), included is the official SK-M11 Leather case worth $35 AUD. Please note that while the Fiio M11 has some internal memory, no MicroSD card is included. Pickup can be arranged around Chatswood, otherwise I am happy to ship anywhere in Australia via Australia Post with insurance. Express shipping is not possible as this product contains a battery.

Photos: