Lenehan Audio

Lenehan Kit Loudspeakers

They look great, Mike! Well done!

Don't know likely timing but if any Sydney-siders are interested, these will be at my place at some point and I'll be organising a GTG for people to have a listen and maybe a comparison with a pair of ML1 Ultras and Mark & Daniels Maximus monitors.

Shoot me a pm if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor

Holy smoke ! The Ultra's will beat them of course , would love them to do well against the Maximus. Mike

Should be a lot of fun! Don't underestimate the Maximus though. They have the deepest bass of any standmount I've listened to and the ribbon is pretty sweet for the top end. Having owned a base pair of ML1's previously, I expect the kit ML1 to perform extremely well in the vastly more expensive company.

16 hours ago, Hensa said:

They look great, Mike! Well done!

Don't know likely timing but if any Sydney-siders are interested, these will be at my place at some point and I'll be organising a GTG for people to have a listen and maybe a comparison with a pair of ML1 Ultras and Mark & Daniels Maximus monitors.

Shoot me a pm if interested.

Are the ML1s the Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Are the ML1s the Gen 1 or Gen 2?

No idea - they're not mine, they belong to @markm1111

No idea - they're not mine, they belong to [mention=107172]markm1111[/mention]

They are Gen 1. The Ultra was a model between the Plus R and the Reference. I don't think they were officially marketed, would have to check with Mike. My understanding is that they are about 90% of the Reference.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Sponsor
12 minutes ago, markm1111 said:

They are Gen 1. The Ultra was a model between the Plus R and the Reference. I don't think they were officially marketed, would have to check with Mike. My understanding is that they are about 90% of the Reference.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Ultra's are indeed very close to the Ref ! They are the older ML1 platform but still formidable . 

OK .      The kit speakers will ship to Cafad and Gremrock on Monday ! They are the closest , then they will head south . Stay tuned they should ship South by the end of the week .         Regards Mike 

On 11/08/2017 at 5:59 PM, Lenehan Audio said:

Holy smoke ! The Ultra's will beat them of course , would love them to do well against the Maximus. Mike

Of course - it's how close they get though.

I think it will be close than price will indicate - butt we will see.

Rawl99 has ML1 Reference and will try that comparison sometime myself with Rawl.  His ML1 system uses a heavily upgraded Leak 20, the quality off which Mike will readily attest to (see the amp shootout-out thread from many moons ago).

It should prove interesting - the problem is getting the time.

Thanks

Bill

Hey Mike @Lenehan Audio, when we get to the reviewing and opinions should we keep going on this thread or shall we start a new one?  

Sponsor
1 hour ago, Cafad said:

Hey Mike @Lenehan Audio, when we get to the reviewing and opinions should we keep going on this thread or shall we start a new one?  

Hi Jeff.     Ok yes good idea ! Leave it till Monday till you and Gremrock have had a good listen and I'll fire up another thread ! 

Maybe I'll call it  Lenehan LK1 kit speaker reviews.      Regards Mike 😀

Sponsor

@mikey d hi Mikey.   Ok speakers shipping to you tomorrow , could you give me a ring to touch base ? My number is. 0418 765726.    Regards Mike Lenehan