Cafad

Linx Nebula Integrated Amp

20 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I still hate the term. You will never hear owners of speakers like Duntech Sovereigns, Martin Logan Monoliths, VAF i93, etc, talk about PRAT. You will only ever hear it from owners of equipment that possesses a restricted bass response.  

Isobariks . Keltiks , Komris , Klimax 350a have a restricted bass response then Trevor?

12 minutes ago, Ozcall said:

Isobariks . Keltiks , Komris , Klimax 350a have a restricted bass response then Trevor?

The only speakers I have heard that I could definitely say sound like they go lower than the Linn Majik Isobariks are the Aurum Titans, which is claimed to go down to 18Hz. Even the B&W 800D doesn't sound like it really reaches down further than the Majik Isobarik, but then again, maybe you just need the right amplifier.

3 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Dunno. Show me the response curves.

Had a look on Google but couldn't find any response curves for the above mentioned speakers. All the mentioned speakers are however known for their deep and tuneful bass.

I used to have a B&W ASW650 sub woofer, and the Linn Majik Isobarik's depth was similar to that on my Naim Nait XS2.

3 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Dunno. Show me the response curves.

I have never personally been a fan of the Isobariks, but one thing you could not say about them was that they had restricted bass. IME, the reverse is true.

I have never personally been a fan of the Isobariks, but one thing you could not say about them was that they had restricted bass. IME, the reverse is true.
The Linn Isobarik had a lean tonal balance, but in contrast the Linn Majik Isobarik has a bass heavy balance.

2 hours ago, rantan said:

-3dB @ 45Hz and 21dB down at 20Hz is not what I would call a flat, extended bass response. 

The VAF i93 has what I would call a flat, extended bass response (21Hz ~ 19kHz +/- 1.2dB)

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

-3dB @ 45Hz and 21dB down at 20Hz is not what I would call a flat, extended bass response. 

The VAF i93 has what I would call a flat, extended bass response (21Hz ~ 19kHz +/- 1.2dB)

As far as I know the Majik Isobarik is -3 at 28Hz. What I meant by flat is that the bass doesn't have a bump anywhere, but sound even when the bass goes up and down through the frequencies.

On 14/02/2018 at 6:21 PM, audio_file said:
On 14/02/2018 at 5:06 PM, rantan said:

The Linn Isobarik had a lean tonal balance, but in contrast the Linn Majik Isobarik has a bass heavy balance.

That's interesting.....I'm listening to a pair of DMS Briks right now and lean they dont sound......:na:

Tase.

...aaaannnndddd.....I'm NOT running them with Naim's power amps...:ohmy:

Edited by Tasebass

1 hour ago, Tasebass said:

That's interesting.....I'm listening to a pair of DMS Briks right now and lean they dont sound......:na:

Tase.

I haven't heard them on Naim either, only the Majik Isobarik.

2 hours ago, Tasebass said:

Tase.

This is interesting since the quote you posted is not mine:na:

2 minutes ago, rantan said:

This is interesting since the quote you posted is not mine:na:

Yeah but this one is......:na:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MAXXX
      Item:  Trafomatic Audio PREMISE, integrated/power tube amplifier
      Price: $2000       RRP : $4999
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Too many amps, not enough space...
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Selling due to upgrade to separates and lack of space. I wanted to keep this one, but could not sell my other tube amp (Yarland Ariand 845).
      This one  is fully hand made (incl. transformers),  El84 based integrated tube amplifier with option to be used as power amp (more expensive version).
      Last time I checked, Audio Addiction was selling them for $4995 + $250 for power amp version. ( https://audioaddiction.net.au/shop/trafomatic-premise)
      It comes with Electro Harmonix El84 tubes   +   8 brand new Shuguang El84 .
      Other tubes available.
      Full set of Psvane Reference, pre+power in luxury boxes for extra $200 (less than half price), Ei El84 (set of 8, Yugoslav made, my favorite $200)
      Comes in original box, with basic remote (volume control only).
      Additional Information
      Output power 2 x 20W Class of operation Push pull class A Triode / Ultralinear Mode Tubes complement 8 x EL84, 2 x ECC81 Inputs 3 x RCA inputs Outputs 4 and 8 ohms speaker Input sensitivity 0.85Vrms Manufacturers Web Site  www.trafomaticaudio.com THD 0.25% x 1W / 1KHz Bandwidth 10Hz (-1dB) to 50KHz (-3dB) S/N ratio 88dB Input impedance 100K Power consumption 250VA Dimensions 430mm wide x 290mm deep x 190mm high Weight 22kg  
      Happy to demo for local buyers.

First 2 photos are mine, other photos from Trafomatic Audio web site. For detailed specs check the link above.

Postage for Australia $100.

Pictures:

• By Max123
      Item:  Yamaha RXV-861
      Price: 100
      Item Condition: Perfect
      Reason for selling: No longer used
      Payment Method: Pickup only 
      Extra Info: Pictures coming soon 

Specs:

RMS Output Power (20Hz - 20kHz): 105W x 7 DTS-ES Discrete 6.1       DTS 96/24 / DTS Neo:6       Pure Direct       iPod Compatibility       Compressed Music Enhancer       Neural Surround       XM HD Surround       XM Satellite Radio Ready       HDMI: 2 in/1 out (ver 1.2a) Component Video: 3 in/1 out A/V Inputs: 5 (All S-Video) Digital Inputs/Outputs: 4 Optical/2 Coaxial (+1 front optical) Front A/V with Digital Input: S-Video/Optical Time Base Corrector       HDMI Up Conversion: (Scales to 480p/720p/1080i/1080p) Component Video Up Conversion (Scales to 480p/720p/1080i) S-Video Up Conversion Dialogue Lift YPAO (w/Optimizer Microphone)       On-Screen Display       Assignable Power Amp       Zone 2 Output: Audio Only Zone Power Switching: Main/ Zone2 (Front Panel) +12V Trigger Output       Multi-Channel Decoder Inputs     8-Channel Pre-Out All Channels       Product Dimensions (W x H x D):    17-1/8" x 6-3/4" x 16-9/16" Product Weight: 28.9 lbs  

• By Nikn
      Item: OPPO HA-2 portable headphone amplifier
      Price: $300
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: not being used
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Excellent Oppo HA-2 portable headphone earphone amplifier is for sale.
      See 5-star review here - https://www.whathifi.com/oppo/ha-2/review
      Purchased locally in Melbourne and warranty unfortunately just run out at the end of January - never had a single issue and this unit is build like a tank.

Condition is excellent, was cared for when using and storing. Unit have low/high gain switch and Extra Bass switch, which is probably best bass boost I ever heard as it keeps sound still in check without just bloating everything out of proportion. Comes with original box and all original accessories extra iPhone short lightning cable.

It was actually in use for about 3 months all up, 2-3 times a week for 30mins whilst commuting to CBD. After changing work and driving everyday I didn't use them for over a year now and can't really see using them again anytime soon so I might as well sell it.

Local pickup from Altona (VIC) or can post in Australia. Priced to sell quick and not negotiable and also no trade ins.
      Pictures:

• By aris
      Item: Karan MA I 180 mk2 Integrated Amplifier
      Price: $5,200
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Moving to separate pre and power amplifier configuration
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, or Paypal
      Extra Info: This integrated Karan is an exceptional amplifier from one of the top amplifier brands. This retails for $14,500. Comes with remote control supplied by Karan.

This is still the current model available from Karan - https://www.karanacoustics.com/product/ka-i-180-mk2

The amplifier is no longer under warranty, as I purchased it over 5 years ago. Welcome to demonstrate in Melbourne to any serious buyer.

Note - I no longer have the shipping crate, so local pickup is advised.

Pictures: