Linx Nebula Integrated Amp

20 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I still hate the term. You will never hear owners of speakers like Duntech Sovereigns, Martin Logan Monoliths, VAF i93, etc, talk about PRAT. You will only ever hear it from owners of equipment that possesses a restricted bass response.  

Isobariks . Keltiks , Komris , Klimax 350a have a restricted bass response then Trevor?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ozcall said:

Isobariks . Keltiks , Komris , Klimax 350a have a restricted bass response then Trevor?

The only speakers I have heard that I could definitely say sound like they go lower than the Linn Majik Isobariks are the Aurum Titans, which is claimed to go down to 18Hz. Even the B&W 800D doesn't sound like it really reaches down further than the Majik Isobarik, but then again, maybe you just need the right amplifier.

• Volunteer
5 minutes ago, Ozcall said:

Had a look on Google but couldn't find any response curves for the above mentioned speakers. All the mentioned speakers are however known for their deep and tuneful bass.

Isobarik...

http://www.mickandviv.com/pfm/DMSHiFiforPleasureReview.pdf

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Dunno. Show me the response curves.

I have never personally been a fan of the Isobariks, but one thing you could not say about them was that they had restricted bass. IME, the reverse is true.

• Like 1

I have never personally been a fan of the Isobariks, but one thing you could not say about them was that they had restricted bass. IME, the reverse is true.
The Linn Isobarik had a lean tonal balance, but in contrast the Linn Majik Isobarik has a bass heavy balance.

2 hours ago, rantan said:

-3dB @ 45Hz and 21dB down at 20Hz is not what I would call a flat, extended bass response. 

The VAF i93 has what I would call a flat, extended bass response (21Hz ~ 19kHz +/- 1.2dB)

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

-3dB @ 45Hz and 21dB down at 20Hz is not what I would call a flat, extended bass response. 

The VAF i93 has what I would call a flat, extended bass response (21Hz ~ 19kHz +/- 1.2dB)

As far as I know the Majik Isobarik is -3 at 28Hz. What I meant by flat is that the bass doesn't have a bump anywhere, but sound even when the bass goes up and down through the frequencies.

On 14/02/2018 at 6:21 PM, audio_file said:
On 14/02/2018 at 5:06 PM, rantan said:

The Linn Isobarik had a lean tonal balance, but in contrast the Linn Majik Isobarik has a bass heavy balance.

That's interesting.....I'm listening to a pair of DMS Briks right now and lean they dont sound......:na:

Tase.

...aaaannnndddd.....I'm NOT running them with Naim's power amps...:ohmy:

Edited by Tasebass

1 hour ago, Tasebass said:

That's interesting.....I'm listening to a pair of DMS Briks right now and lean they dont sound......:na:

Tase.

I haven't heard them on Naim either, only the Majik Isobarik.

2 hours ago, Tasebass said:

Tase.

This is interesting since the quote you posted is not mine:na:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I just bought this beauty and have some problems. It gives a buzzing noise ,so I brought it to repair. The man said, he cannot identify some of the componenst. So I am looking for a plan/schematics of the amp. Is there any chance?

THanks a lot!

• 2 years later...

Hi all... I have a linx nebula that needs some servicing... it hums and produces no sound.  And definitely hot. 

where can i take it in sydney for someone to look at it... north shore preferred.