NO LONGER AVAILABLE: Quicksilver KT-88 monoblock valve amplifiers. No longer available.

Item: Quicksilver KT-88 monoblock valve amplifiers.
Price: No longer available.
Item Condition: Outstanding condition, except for the screws on the terminal blocks.
Reason for selling:  Various.
Payment Method: Pickup – legal tender cash.  If shipping, then Direct Deposit.
Extra Info: Quicksilver KT-88 valve mono-blocks are one of the classic amplifiers of all-time. They are known for their reliability and beautiful sound. I have used them on Whatmough Monitors 201 Export Lead-lined and on Pro-Ac Response 1sc speakers, and they sounded ... well, beautiful.

They were hand-made using point-to-point wiring in America, for use in Australia - they are 240 volt units – they do not need a step-down transformer. The power plugs are, however, two-parallel-pin American-style which have been bent for use in Australia. They were made with this type of plug, and for the sake of appearances and safety I did not change them. The plugs can be easily changed to your preferred plug.

Please note that they have not been altered or "upgraded" in any way.

These amp’s can also be used with 6550 valves which is how I was last using them.  They come with all the original valves including the original KT-88 valves, one of which is not working, and the highly-regarded GE 5AR4 rectifier valves, one slightly used set of four Sovtek 6550 valves, the original bias meter (small chip on the plastic “handle†– sorry!) and the box for the meter, the original black cages (which were an optional extra and have never been used) and their screws, spare fuses, the original instruction sheet, Quicksilver product information leaflets, and full original double-box packing.

At the winner's discretion I can also provide: four small spade plugs suitable for the terminals, and which take largish-diameter speaker cable; some new computer-case screws which fit the speaker terminals; a set of well-used Supra-style spade plugs, which may actually be original Supra-Fork SUPRA L spades; eight new spare screws, although the heads have a smaller diameter than those of the original screws.

I would prefer a local sale, but am willing to ship.  All together they comprise three boxes.  Will discuss packing, shipping and insurance arrangements if the buyer is not local.

Pictures:  Deleted to save space.

Edited by Antipodean Brad
  • Like 1