The 'Hifi gear in movies' thread....

About the only thing that made bearable the 10 minutes of Twilight that I caught when Mrs MM was watching it, was a Primare integrated amp in the background in one of the scenes. And I don't think she appreciated me stopping and hitting rewind just to confirm.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

a collectors item boom box in Two and a Half Men

Conion C100F

02.png

04.png

they have fetched upwards and over US$3000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-1980-039-s-CONION-C100F-JAPAN-Boombox-GhettoBlaster-Exc-/370538424734?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Beastie_Boys_-_Solid_Gold_Hits.jpg

Beastie-Boys-Boom-Box-Photo.jpg
Edited by mello yello II

horrible bosses on the tube last night ,watched 5 minutes and spacey's character had a full 6000 meridian setup. the turntable in indecent proposal was indeed a vpi with the air bearing arm whose name escapes me and mel's turntable was a rega in what women want and miss jolie's turntable in tombraider was a clearaudio reference. cheers.

This is not from a movie but Mad Men the TV show and more about the album rather than Hi Fi

The main character Don Draper opens a new Beatles record and put it on in his Record Player. 

The album is Revolver and the song played is  â€œTomorrow Never Knowsâ€.

The producers of the show paid over $250,000 for the right to play this on the show... almost 5 times more than normal butthe producers believed Draper just had to play the Beatles.....

mad-men-beatles-don-draper-revolver.jpg

don-beatles4.gif

mad-men-don-beatles_wide-a2fe3d1e0a4f605

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the-pinkman-1500x1000.jpg?ver=1

No idea what these are from Breaking Bad, but I remember them featuring in several episodes.

EDIT:  Looks like a fun time was had by all

Edited by acg
  • Like 1