The 'Hifi gear in movies' thread....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

On 10/19/2014 at 9:33 PM, Stump said:

Pro Ject RPM 9 2 in the movie The Mechanic

integrated amp was a Jolida

post-109524-0-30183000-1413714777_thumb.

On 10/21/2014 at 10:47 AM, Tasebass said:

I think Jason Statham Had an Avid Turntable, Ortofon cart and some valves amps in "The Mechanic"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mechanic_(2011_film)

.......and correct.:thumb:

5 hours ago, Stump said:

Hanss Acoustics T-30 

Just reading about the Hanss Acoustic T-30 here: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/turntables/hanss-acoustics-t-30-673739/review  and it says you have to have a substantial sized base to put it on and it got me checking Mr Bennett's set up.......cinder blocks and planks:cool:. On closer inspection, the planks on the top layer that the TT is on look decidedly shonky.......makes me proud of my 'home made isolation TT base on extremely sturdy coffee table' set up! :P

Edited by stevoz

11 hours ago, JSmith said:

O9DrhF6.jpg

... anyone know what this is from? Sorry, a TV show, not film. :)

JSmith :ninja:

No idea, looks a bit 80's/90's but I can see a Go Pro on a mini tripod, so it must be 'new millennia'.....maybe 'Big Bang Theory'? Is this a quiz where you're going to reveal the answer? There appears to be no audio gear of note anyway......except maybe those transparent speakers.:cool:

1 minute ago, stevoz said:

those transparent speakers.

Yes there has been discussion in the past on other audio forums about what they might be... I always notice them when I watch this show.

It's from The IT Crowd from the BBC, 2006... hence Krebetman's comment. :)

• Like 1

On 17 November 2017 at 2:45 PM, Willco said:

Not Movies --but closer to home--that TV Masterchef "Nice Guy" Shannon Bennett seems to be a bit of an Audiophile 

Avantgardes --looks like AMR Pre(?) can't place the TT.

W

2_gzd7ss.jpg

I recognise the light for the turntable, Cath spotted one at cult furniture not long back and suggested that one instead of a poulsen that we were buying and then went over to check the price. She came back and said the poulsen was fine.$20k for a TT lamp was a bit over the top.

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, JSmith said:

boschsys.824x0-is.jpg

Marantz turntable, McIntosh electronics and Ohm Walsh 4 speakers... from the home of Harry Bosch in the Bosch detective web series from 2014.

Beat me to it! A gorgeous room and a lovely system, he likes it too!!

@two fold yes it's awesome eh? Cities usually look the nicest when you are above them and looking down, haha.

• Like 2

...also I recently noticed in the Netflix series 'Greenleaf', the head pastor has a tasty looking Audio Research valve amp in his office on season one but season two its replaced by a vase. Never saw any speakers in there in either season.