Micro Seiki MA-505 + Micro Seiki DDX-1000 + Denon DL-303

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd share today's impulse buy with little to no research. As with my last topic post - I know very little about Turntables so I went with the 'Gut'. I recall fellow members talking about Micro Seiki in very high regard so that was my only reference to this purchase.

As per the pictures, included in the purchase:

-Micro Seiki MA-505 Tone Arm.

-Micro Seiki DDX-1000 Turntable 240V.

-Denon AU-340 "Audio Step Up" - Apparently used to improve the signal quality of an MC Cartridge ?

-Micro Seiki Head shell fitted with a 

-Denon DL-303 Cartridge

All seems to be working well, with all original manuals boxes etc..

Price agreed to was $650 the lot, Way more than I would ever dream to spend on a turntable - But If anything my thoughts were 'An investment to get my money back hopefully "Worst Case" scenario'.

Please let me know your thoughts regarding the Turntable / Tonearm / Cartridge / Purchase in general..

(Still yet to Google and research the gear myself)..

Sorry for the poor quality photos.

Once again Thanks in advance for any / all your help.

Krash Dekki.

post-142161-0-89237200-1412585278_thumb.

post-142161-0-61150000-1412585323_thumb.

post-142161-0-28522900-1412585367_thumb.

post-142161-0-64297700-1412585416_thumb.

post-142161-0-81911100-1412585469_thumb.

post-142161-0-15229000-1412585547_thumb.

post-142161-0-71243000-1412585608_thumb.

post-142161-0-13500100-1412585676_thumb.

• Like 1

Thank you, I was hoping I got a good buy. The DDX-1000 Turntable is a very impressive unit ! Solid as a rock, Very unique and eye catching - I think it's capable of catering for 3 arms.

As I was just reading - The Tonearm is meant to be of enviable good quality for what it was back then ?

Dek.

I've seen these sell for near $2000 USD with Ultracraft and the Stax U7 tonearms so $650 for what look's to be a pretty mint and with original unit says bargain otherwise. 

Either way if you ever do end up selling it some collector may pay you more $$ then you purchased these for.

The TT is what's special the tonearm ain't bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Micro-Seiki-DDX-1000-Legendary-Turntable-w-DDM-1000-MA-505-AX-1-/171475088172?pt=US_Record_Players_Home_Turntables&hash=item27ecb6332c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-Seiki-DDX-1000-Direct-Drive-Turntable-Made-in-Japan-USED-/351142974238?pt=US_Record_Player_Turntable_Parts&hash=item51c1c0931e

Edited by DefQon

The Unit and all boxing and packing is very mint, The fact you have said collector means these are of vintage status ?

I've seen these sell for near $2000 USD with Ultracraft and the Stax U7 tonearms so $650 for what look's to be a pretty mint and with original unit says bargain otherwise. 

Either way if you ever do end up selling it some collector may pay you more $$ then you purchased these for.

The TT is what's special the tonearm ain't bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Micro-Seiki-DDX-1000-Legendary-Turntable-w-DDM-1000-MA-505-AX-1-/171475088172?pt=US_Record_Players_Home_Turntables&hash=item27ecb6332c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-Seiki-DDX-1000-Direct-Drive-Turntable-Made-in-Japan-USED-/351142974238?pt=US_Record_Player_Turntable_Parts&hash=item51c1c0931e

I think you where at the right place at the right time , very good buy . :thumb:

It was very much a case of that, 

I doubt I'll be holding on to it very long, I have to many turntables I haven't even tried yet - The Sondek / SL-1200 MKII's / Dual.. 

The Unit and all boxing and packing is very mint, The fact you have said collector means these are of vintage status ?

These are part of the sought after legendary TT's die-hard MS collectors are after. Yes vintage status, these were in production for a few years from 1975/6 and sold throughout to early 1980's. The side pattern of the platter gives it away as a late 70's TT much alike the Marantz 9xxx series.

Now all you need to get is its bigger brother on steroids the S-Z1.

Edited by DefQon

These are part of the sought after legendary TT's die-hard MS collectors are after. Yes vintage status, these were in production for a few years from 1975/6 and sold throughout to early 1980's. The side pattern of the platter gives it away as a late 70's TT much alike the Marantz 9xxx series.

Now all you need to get is its bigger brother on steroids the S-Z1.

I actually thought from looking at them they were some modern possibly 2000's Furturistic design. For mid 70's gear it all presents nearly new.

"Legendary Sought After" Does this mean is is quite rare ?

I actually thought from looking at them they were some modern possibly 2000's Furturistic design. For mid 70's gear it all presents nearly new.

"Legendary Sought After" Does this mean is is quite rare ?

http://www.thevintageknob.org/micro_seiki-DDX-1000.html

TT's like the DDX-1000 are usually serialised and manufactured with a limited production run. 

They revised the DDX-1k to a latter variant:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/micro_seiki-DQX-1000.html

I'm guessing the person who sold the package for $650 didn't know much about the rarity and value it's worth today. 

Edited by DefQon

http://www.thevintageknob.org/micro_seiki-DDX-1000.html

TT's like the DDX-1000 are usually serialised and manufactured with a limited production run. 

They revised the DDX-1k to a latter variant:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/micro_seiki-DQX-1000.html

I'm guessing the person who sold the package for $650 didn't know much about the rarity and value it's worth today. 

He must definitely not of had any idea of it's rarity - Because I sure didn't when I felt I was over-paying at $650.

The serial number on this DDX-1000 is 7094245... 

Not at all, we all start from somewhere, like yourself I'm a newbie to the TT world as well. I've been going on a spending spree lately buying few thousands of dollars worth of rare vintage Japanese turntable from Japan, have yet to ship them and I don't even have an LP!

• Like 1

Not at all, we all start from somewhere, like yourself I'm a newbie to the TT world as well. I've been going on a spending spree lately buying few thousands of dollars worth of rare vintage Japanese turntable from Japan, have yet to ship them and I don't even have an LP!

Trust me when I say my LP collection is no better than yours (20 Records all ancient and all virtually un-listenable). Plus I have 7 Turntables here and not even used one of them yet.

Spending thousands overseas and having it shipped - That takes guts.

Plus I have 7 Turntables here and not even used one of them yet.

I feel it's going to be the same when I have them shipped out.

I can't resist bargains any where be it in Germany, USA, Japan, Hong Kong, UK or Russia, I'll make the seller agree to worldwide shipping if needed haha.

• Like 1

Trust me when I say my LP collection is no better than yours (20 Records all ancient and all virtually un-listenable). Plus I have 7 Turntables here and not even used one of them yet.

Seven turntables! That is how djb got started. Things are much worse now.