Sign in to follow this  
dreamz

Settng up Bass Shakers

hi guys,

I am planning to put some bass shakers under my 1+2+1 seater recliner. As I have very little knowledge about the bass shakers, some help would be much appreciated.

1. which shakers i should go? 

4 x aura $39 each

4 x buttkicker mini LFE $89 each

4 x clark 209 $99 each

2. Which amp i should go?

Dayton Audio Sa230 amp

Dayton Audio SPA 250 amp plate

ButtKicker built the BKA-300-4/NW wireless

ButtKicker built the BKA1000-N

Crown XLS1000 Power Amp

Behringer EUROPOWER EP2000 Professional

I prefer to have the boxed solution rather than buy a plate and boxed it up by myself.

I dont want to be in short of power if i decided to upgrade later to a better shaker say Buttkicker LFE or Clark 219, i havent seen or feel one bass shaker yet so i dont know how much power a lower end aura can give or would that be enough.

What other components i needed? rubber isolators? ButtKicker BK-QCP quick select and connect kit ? for connecting 4 shakers to one amp, my receiver has two subwoofer outputs which can manage individually so i guess i dont need a Y connector.

My floor is concrete and couch is in top of carpet. Can get isolators or rubber mats if needed as dont wanna damage the floor or any other room by shaking.

Can some one here please put together a system and let me know how I can wire it. I am sure I can get done all the other handy works myself.

Good luck with your project, heloanend......................amazing, you're going to put one of these under the chair you sit in to listen to music? :D I sorta get what it does by the names of the shakers and the amps.

Cheers,

Keith

Jump on over to the DTV forum as that's where us HT people hang out. Plus there is a topic over their already on this with stone excellent feedback from a few members

I saw that one, just want some expert opinion, don't wanna make a mistake. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Aura then went up to Clark and never look back, much much better. I use Dayton SA230 to power 3 of Clarks 209 wired in parallel and it does a beautiful job for movie. Probably will buy some more Clark for the second row.

I never tried Buttkicker so not sure how good it is but the Clark is more than enough for me though.

Clark 209 Specifications: • Power handling: 100 watts RMS/350 watts max • Tactile frequency response: 15-800 Hz • Audible frequency response: 35-17,000 Hz • Impedance: 4 ohms • Transduction force: 1.6 lbs.-ft./watt • Peak tactile force: 216 lbs.-ft. • Dimensions: 8.0" dia. x 1.73" H.

Butkicker Mini LFE Specifications: â€¢ Power handling: 50 watts minimum, 250 watts max â€¢ Impedance: 4 ohms â€¢ Frequency response: 10-350 Hz • Fs: 9 Hz • Overall dimensions (H x W x D): 3" x 4.815" x 4.34" • 12.8" long speaker wire lead • Weight: 2 lbs.

Aura Specifications: Power handling: 50 watts RMS/100 watts max,  Impedance: 4 ohms, Usable frequency response: 20 to 80 Hz, Fs: 40 Hz, Force peak: 30 lbs. per ft., Dimensions: 6.2" dia. x 2.5" H

Butkicker LFE can go down to 5Hz but the price is $239. So I guess the best bang for bucks is the clark 209. taltile force is 8 times than the aura.

ok, deiced either clark 209 or buttkicker mini LFE

amp: either crown xlr1000 or behringer nu1000DSP inuke class D

Would love to but currently out of my reach.. It's cost about 3-4 times more than the others

No one selling their used crowsons either intact I don't think anyone will sell theirs once they have it, there is no upgrade path :)

I may have considered it if mine were a single seat, but my recliners are 1+2+3, so I need 3-4 shakers, or else I need to build a platform which again more work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by heloanand

http://www.crowsonte...topDefault.aspx

http://www.parts-exp...bass-shakers/18

http://www.oceanicdi...anuary 2013.pdf

http://www.selby.com...buttkicker.html

wiring: http://www.thebuttkicker.com/product-configuration#

I will make the selection easy.

Crowson   1-500Hz cost $450  Recommended amp crowson D501, cost $900, individual controls plus remote

Buttkicker LFE 5-800 Hz cost $240  Recommended amp BKA1000, cost $340, individual controls, can add their wireless kit with remote

Buttkicker mini LFE 10-350 Hz cost $90 Recommended amp BKA300, cost $230, individual controls, wireless kit and remote

Clark TST429 5-800 Hz  cost $550

Clark TST209 15-800 Hz $100

Aura AST-2B-4 20-80 Hz $40

Even though there is recommended amps any of these transducers can run with any power amp that has individual controls. Ex, Dayton Audio SA230, cost $200

or you can use any other power amp and use your preamp/receiver to control the frequency but a dedicated power amp with individual controls are definitely recommended.

or if you have a power amp already you can use a bass management preamp with that.

Crowson and Buttkicker LFE goes under the seat, all the others are recommend to mount to the frame.

They called crowson as actuators (lifts up and shakes) and act differently than all the others which are called tactile transducers(vibrates/shakes), I dont have any real experience with any of this so far, so cant commend on those, but i will definitely have my shaker system soon.

All prices are in US dollars, exchange rate, shipping, taxes etc are depends. Some of these items you can get locally as well and the prices are very competitive compared to the US price.

All the above are my understanding from reading so if I am wrong please correct me.

Edited by heloanand

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Los
      Item: Aura Sound 1808 with brand new TC Sounds Pro5100 Baskets
      Price: $950
      Item Condition: As new
      Reason for selling: Surplus
      Payment Method: Pickup, cash, bank transfer.
      Extra Info:
      Original Aura 1808 neo underhung motors fitted with brand new TC sounds replacement baskets essentially creating what TC called the Pro5100. These are no longer available and were about $1500 each when last in production. Specs here.  I still have the original Aura baskets which come in the deal if you want them. One is still in good operating condition and the other has a split surround and open circuit voice coil. A working original 1808 basket in itself is serious unobtanium!  I purchased the replacement baskets around 6 years ago when I noticed the split starting in one of the originals but it kept on going until only last year! That whole system has now been replaced with a new horn loaded design so I have no further use for these monsters.  With over 60mm peak to peak excursion and high relative efficiency on of these will give you similar output to that of a serious dual 18 cabinet. The new baskets are dual VC and can handle much more power than the original 1808. The baskets are BRAND NEW and were installed and tested in cabinets only last week. Plenty of info on the net about these. I'll ship anywhere at your expense. 

Pictures:

• By superaaaa
      Item: Dayton Omnimic V2
      Price: $225
      Item Condition: Excellent condition, Original box
      Reason for selling: Surplus (using Umik with REW)
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Approx 2-3 years old.
      Local pick up will be given preference.
      Link below:
      http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-omnimic-v2-computer-based-precision-room-measurement-system--390-792
      Photo:
      Refer link: http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php/topic/100626-fs-dayton-omnimic-v2-room-measurement-system/
      Most people on this forum should know what this is and the value it can add to your audio system. Essential tool if you want to get the most out of your audio system. Very easy to use for beginners - plug and play.

I'm only selling as I purchased a calibrated Umik and using it with REW.
    • By Roland P.
      Item: Crown CTs 600 power amplifier
      Price: $100
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Surplus to my needs
      Payment Method: Cash at pickup
      Extra Info: This is a 2-channel power amplifier housed in a 2-space rackmount frame, offering power levels and features meant to serve fixed installation sound applications. This amplifier is notable for a completely independent array of switches and indicators for each channel, including high and low impedance operation, input sensitivity, high pass filters, and an advanced level of well-designed overload protection circuitry. This unit includes a PIP-LITE module for networked controlling via either HiQnet and System Architect or TCP/IQ and IQwic.

Here are some specs:
      High-power, 2-channel, 2U rackmount amplifier for installed sound applications Legendary Crown class-I (BCA) and AB+B output topologies offer the best in amplifier reliability Switching power supply lowers overall amplifier weight Selectable "Constant-Voltage" or low-impedance (4/8 ohm) operation Independently selectable Input Sensitivity switching per channel Rear panel Programmable Input Processor (PIP2) connector accepts accessory expansion modules for specific custom installation requirements Thermal Level Control (TLC) circuitry protects amplifier from overheating; engages input compressor, dynamically reducing input gain when individual channels overheat Junction Temperature Simulation (JTS) quick-activation circuitry limits drive level of output devices to tolerable range if excess power is required; protects output transistors without shutting down channel Continuously variable fan cooling; venting with front-to-rear forced airflow Removable balanced terminal block input connectors with "Y" switch Switchable high pass filter per channel, eliminates step down transformer saturation in distributed systems Complete array of front panel function and warning indicator LEDs for each channel Complete array of rear panel function and filter switches Power on indicator flashes when AC mains are under or over voltage Advanced protection circuitry covers shorted outputs, DC, mismatched loads, overheating, high frequency overloads, voltage fluctuation and internal faults.  
      Audition can be organised in Newport, VIC, 3015.

• By Roland P.
      Item: Crown CTs 600 power amplifier
      Price: $200
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Surplus to my needs
      Payment Method: Cash at pickup
      Extra Info: This is a 2-channel power amplifier housed in a 2-space rackmount frame, offering power levels and features meant to serve fixed installation sound applications. This amplifier is notable for a completely independent array of switches and indicators for each channel, including high and low impedance operation, input sensitivity, high pass filters, and an advanced level of well-designed overload protection circuitry. This unit includes a PIP-LITE module for networked controlling via either HiQnet and System Architect or TCP/IQ and IQwic.

Here are some specs:
      High-power, 2-channel, 2U rackmount amplifier for installed sound applications Legendary Crown class-I (BCA) and AB+B output topologies offer the best in amplifier reliability Switching power supply lowers overall amplifier weight Selectable "Constant-Voltage" or low-impedance (4/8 ohm) operation Independently selectable Input Sensitivity switching per channel Rear panel Programmable Input Processor (PIP2) connector accepts accessory expansion modules for specific custom installation requirements Thermal Level Control (TLC) circuitry protects amplifier from overheating; engages input compressor, dynamically reducing input gain when individual channels overheat Junction Temperature Simulation (JTS) quick-activation circuitry limits drive level of output devices to tolerable range if excess power is required; protects output transistors without shutting down channel Continuously variable fan cooling; venting with front-to-rear forced airflow Removable balanced terminal block input connectors with "Y" switch Switchable high pass filter per channel, eliminates step down transformer saturation in distributed systems Complete array of front panel function and warning indicator LEDs for each channel Complete array of rear panel function and filter switches Power on indicator flashes when AC mains are under or over voltage Advanced protection circuitry covers shorted outputs, DC, mismatched loads, overheating, high frequency overloads, voltage fluctuation and internal faults.  
      Audition can be organised in Newport, VIC, 3015.

• By ZOOTYtooty
      Item: Amcron 1200 power amplifier x 2
      Price: $old on Gumtree
      Item Condition:Used
      Reason for selling:Clearing space
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: One operates, the other I blew a fuse while trying to move the fan with a screwdriver and I can see the leg on a small transistor was smoked, plus a resistor has burned. So throwing the second one in free!

Pictures: