Apple watch

I’ve been on the phone today with Optus trying to solve the call issues with the iphone’s Cellular, and as of now, it’s seems to be ok. But I expected it actually being as it’s only a week old tech (Apple version that is) and it’s optus after all. 

19 minutes ago, Sime said:

I’ve been on the phone today with Optus trying to solve the call issues with the iphone’s Cellular, and as of now, it’s seems to be ok. But I expected it actually being as it’s only a week old tech (Apple version that is) and it’s optus after all. 

Funny that you said that,

the BOSS rang me on FaceTime this morning saying she couldnt make calls or received calls.  However she can FaceTime and SMS.   Switching the phone off/on made no difference till an hr ago.   

However im with a corporate  Optus account and I was able to call out and receive calls.  I'm starting to get the feeling that the new IOS may even be the issue, but that was a few days ago and she was as able to make and received calls right after the latest update.  

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my series 3 for a week now, 2 week wait online and website wouldn't take my card so went in to the local Apple store to order it and they said someone will be out shortly with it!

I finally got around to putting some music on it today and went for a walk sans iPhone before work with Airpods. Airpods sync'ed to the watch automatically, I selected an album to play and hit start on Strava. Even used siri to make a call to SWMBO and it just hit me how far technology has come, all of that from a device that straps to your wrist! And sound was quite adequate for a fitness walk.

Love it, haven't got it wet yet though, sort of nervous about that.

Despite having a couple of $,$$$ Swiss watches to choose from I seem to be wearing my Series 2 an awful lot. The car stereo in my Company Car only has line in and the watch seems to be very convenient for controlling music, plus the ability to quickly determine which of the 2000+ emails I get every day I need to get my phone out and look at make it very useful.I bought it on a whim duty free thinking it would not be as useful as it turns out to be.

I will probably buy the V3 as well.

• 3 months later...

These things are pretty water resistant. Over  the Christmas holidays I went surfing (boogie boarding) with it on 7 out of the 10 days I was away. Was under a wet suit sleeve but still very impressed with how good these things are for convenience. So much so I bought my wife 1 for Christmas which she now loves and just got her some Airpods last week. She now loves that she can walk the dogs and not have to take her phone and wired headphones, and simply control volume from the watches digital crown

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it possible though, that the AW is more of a fad? Those Swiss watches have battled countless digital revolutions and are still relevant. I think people will always appreciate the craftsmanship and beauty of a Swiss watch, whereas an AW is cool for maybe 1 year.