Apple watch

http://www.apple.com/watch/

interesting,

I suspect will be a sell out success....since been a long time coming,

looks like in 2 sizes and 6 variants in styling, and 6 variants in bands,

I wear a sport band now, and take my iphone with me when go jogging. can easily see swapping the sport band for an apple watch.

• Like 1

I am a bit of a watch traditionalist but will definitely be getting one of these on release. I am impressed by the efforts Apple have put into case and strap designs as well as the materials used. Will have to wait and see if it's any good on the usability side...

• Like 1

I am a bit of a watch traditionalist but will definitely be getting one of these on release. I am impressed by the efforts Apple have put into case and strap designs as well as the materials used. Will have to wait and see if it's any good on the usability side...

+1 on design and thinking outside the box for UI.

Kind of like a supercharged Pebble which I have and like. None of the Dick Tracy crap that Samsung is pushing.

Same concerns on usability... May better suit those with nimble slender fingers?

yawn, not like there is anything new here or with their other releases as well, seems like innovation has turned to copying

Apple don't copy, but execute with a degree of engineering style and easy of use most others can only copy later on. The iPad wasn't the first tablet, the iPhone was far from the first smart phone, but they redefined the market sectors. Has any other wearable got NFC built in?

I'd consider a Apple watch, only because I'm already tied into the the Apple group of products but also because I cycle regularly and would be a great way to stay connected with regard to sms and even phone calls, as often I can't hear the iphone in my jersey pocket

• Like 3

Exactly.

Dunno why so many people always get hung up on Apple "not being the first".

They never claim to be, do they?

They make products and have created a brand which appeals to a lot of people.

Nothing more nothing less.

:)

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

blybo, on 10 Sept 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

Has any other wearable got NFC built in?

Yes, wearables with NFC have been around for over a year now for Android devices, been along time coming for you Apple fans :)

Other manufacturers wil be releasing werables for ios devices in coming months, so you wont necesarily need to be tied to an Apple device. It is a hugley growing space it seems

Yes, wearables with NFC have been around for over a year now for Android devices, been along time coming for you Apple fans :)

Other manufacturers wil be releasing werables for ios devices in coming months, so you wont necesarily need to be tied to an Apple device. It is a hugley growing space it seems

Now that many apple and android devices will have NFC I can see paypass taking the next step where you can do higher valued purchases with the combination of a pin. My retail business hasn't bothered with paypass till now as most transactions are over the $99.99 threshold and require more $$$ rentals on the terminals.

I think the concept of a "watch" with smart tech built in isn't new. Where Apple has IMHO succeeded is making it not a gimmick or gadget but something with real functionality. 

Have a look at this video - I think it's interesting in how they bring everything together - software/hardware/functionality in a way that's seamless. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPpMeRCG1WQ

It's not unlike what the iPad and iPhone did. Being a geek, I have owned numerous PDAs and smartphones before the iPhone, including a number of tablet computers but what Apple did in making them usable was nothing short of revolutionary to me. If you read comments from Nokia folk (and even Samsung's own internal documentation), it's clear I wasn't alone. Samsung's own analysis of "swipe" to unlock and how long it took for them to perfect their copy shows there's a lot more thought in the UI/design than its simplicity suggests. 

• Like 2

idont care... :nana

Oh, iDon't either.

It's just strange and equally fascinating how Apple has managed to divide the population.

Although, in fairness, the population has really done it themselves.

Apple never forced anyone to camp outside their stores for weeks before the next model was being released.

:lol:

The obsession over owning something massproduced is interesting to watch.

^_^

I think the concept of a "watch" with smart tech built in isn't new. Where Apple has IMHO succeeded is making it not a gimmick or gadget but something with real functionality. 

Have a look at this video - I think it's interesting in how they bring everything together - software/hardware/functionality in a way that's seamless. 

Pretty cool.

:)

I didn't see any mention of battery life. Most of the Android watches have about the same battery life as a smartphone which Is why I haven't bought one. Even the Pebble isn't long enough for a watch.

ES

I saw an article today that said you attach a special magnet to the back of the watch to charge it and it would likely require charging daily.