Sign in to follow this  
caminperth

Osborne Loudspeakers Owners & Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, blybo said:

But they were in the same room and rough positions within the room as previous hifi shows.

This was more of a general comment, not so much about this year vs last year.

I like the look with grills on (I only have an older model C2 centre), but find the sound without the grills a little smoother to my ears

On 31/10/2019 at 8:42 AM, aussievintage said:

I have had a good to the latest Epitome reference tower with the new tweeter and the bass is not in anyway boomy or sloppy in our listening room.

Is it one with the new bass drivers though? From October he had a new model bass driver I think. I'm only extrapolating from the fact that he said he can't get the bass units anymore for the Grand Monuments, people on here saying it was the bass and that sort of lines up with the website saying everything from the Eclipses up is a new model from October 2019.

I'm lucky enough to have my hands on at T12 Subwoofer. 
https://www.osbornloudspeakers.com.au/t12

These guys have such tight low lows. Almost too good at producing 20-30hz. But you guys are right. The bass is only as ever as good as the room it lives in, no matter how amazing the speaker is. 

8 hours ago, Rakalel said:

Is it one with the new bass drivers though? From October he had a new model bass driver I think. I'm only extrapolating from the fact that he said he can't get the bass units anymore for the Grand Monuments, people on here saying it was the bass and that sort of lines up with the website saying everything from the Eclipses up is a new model from October 2019.

Probably the old one then.  Purchased earlier in the year.