Osborne Loudspeakers Owners & Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Jventer said:

Hi @Kaynin

Our speakers were bought and then made about the same time. I still have mine. Well done on upgrading!

Anyway - agree with you, speakers need to be matched to the right amp.

Hi JV,

Yeah I recall mate.  I still have my Eclipses, they've moved to the movie room for L&R duties.  A bit of a waste for the bass that they're capable of, but for the money I won't find better.  The Epitome Ref are in the living/kitchen/dining room, which is large in size, and it's a 2 channel set-up now.  A much better fit really, although those Eclipses did a great job in filling that room.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your way up the ladder from me Neil. Everytime I see the word 'crossovers' I see pedestrian crossings. Anthony Holton found that out a few years ago after he wasted 3/4's of an hour me seated near the

It's not just the grille fabric but also the frame itself. I've tested many different grilles (on/off) and there is usually a big enough measurable difference that the average audiophile could expect

It's been a bit of a journey Joz. With the Eclipse towers and their beryllium tweeters I found the sound too bright initially when moving to the Pnyx. I've since changed out the crap Electroharmonix v

On 30/10/2019 at 3:33 PM, Luc said:

So what was wrong with Greg's system's this year at the show you guys who are owners and were there?

I look forward to hearing his unobtania(for me anyway)at shows but this year it was meh.

Was it the room or has he changed  his designs or what? I know I'm not the only one who was underwhelmed.

The bookshelves were the only ones I could listen too at any length.

I thought this was known already in the shows thread of last year. I contacted Greg via email after the show telling of my disappointment with his implementation of new drivers. He told me that everybody else was happy and the show was a success. OK, then.............a week later he contacts me and said that his brand new amps at the show were not biased properly. This explained to me why the bass was terrible and boomy although one has to ask, why use brand new not run in equipment in such an environment.

18 minutes ago, Mauro said:

I thought this was known already in the shows thread of last year. I contacted Greg via email after the show telling of my disappointment with his implementation of new drivers. He told me that everybody else was happy and the show was a success. OK, then.............a week later he contacts me and said that his brand new amps at the show were not biased properly. This explained to me why the bass was terrible and boomy although one has to ask, why use brand new not run in equipment in such an environment.

I have 5 of his speakers, his IC's, his SC's, a pair of mono blocks he sells and the cd player/dac he used to sell, 

He normally knows what he is saying and doing

but

sometimes his belief in himself etc. takes over - as is evident re your post re the show. I have experienced it several times when I asked his opinion about certain things to be told that he knows best and his products are the best. 

The answer is that people that make and sell things have to have an unwaivering belief in what they are doing. He /they do not mean malice or anything - that is just their belief.

Cudos on Greg contacting you to say he stuffed up.

And 

his products  IMHO are not the best there is in the world, but it is very high value for money.

• 4 months later...

Picked these Titans up from Greg a couple of months ago, along with an amp and phono stage. 
Pat Cummins bowling the Indian captain in the reflection!

BE69B35C-017E-4C34-81D2-CE732F848847.jpeg

• Like 1