SOLD: FS Rega P3-24 with over $900 upgrades - no arm

Item full name and model etc. 

Rega P3-24 comes with: Isokinetik aluminium sub-platter with ruby bearing, Funkfirm Achromat platter, SRM-Tech Silent-Base, Isokinetik PEEK main bearing housing and ceramic bearing, SRM-Tech bearing damper rubbers, SRM-Tech spindle support pad & as new Rega white belt. NO TONEARM
Melbourne
Item condition description:

Turntable about 2 1/2 years old (after RP3 released) Speed is steady and within 0.1 of a second over 3 minutes. (spot on!) Very good condition with minimal wear including lid. All parts very good condition mostly around 12 months old.
Price and price conditions:

$690 - will not separate.
Reason for selling:

Have caught Garrarditis
Payment Methods:  Paypal, Cash - Pickup, or Australia Post COD.
Extra Info:

Great chance for someone to pickup a superb sounding deck with over $900 of upgrades. This is in another league compared to standard. Was using the excellent Audiomods arm on this. Just add the Rega mount arm of your choice. 

Note: I found the Isokinetik spindle to be a very tight fit in the PEEK housing. It would only run with very light oil. Currently have it set up with ceramic bearing & spindle pad in original housing with dampers.

Much prefer local pick-up, if it hasn't sold locally after a week I will consider sending interstate.

PS this is my first post after my introduction so go easy on me :)

My ebay user name is gd_day1 - I have one negative feedback over a year ago as a result of being the victim of a scammer. I have the police report if interested. (ebay + paypal would still not reverse the scammers feedback because he got away with the scamm.

post-135182-0-80714100-1409490043_thumb.

post-135182-0-19049000-1409490156_thumb.

post-135182-0-64664900-1409490374_thumb.

post-135182-0-65036100-1409490402_thumb.

I'm tempted but wondering how much would I need to spend to get this in a workable state (tonearm, phono stage etc)? It would also be my first TT.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hi Daffo,

yes you will need an arm, cartridge and phono stage if you don't have one.

Your starting point would be about $250 for a Rega RB250 arm, about $100 for a reasonable MM cartridge & $150 for a basic Rega/Cambridge phono or equivelent.

This will get you up and running but will not realise the full potential of the upgraded deck. Will still get you a lot of enjoyment and you would have the option of upgrading arm/cartridge/phono later.

Cheers,

Mal

• Like 2

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.