2way Tribute for Jean Michael Le Cleach

henry218

This is my latest project using E JMLC Fibreglass horn from Poland. It is the most beautiful horn i have ever seen for a fibre glass, perhaps timber are more beautiful, but for modern looking horns, i think the work of Auto-tech Poland aspires truly high end.

The horn is E-JMLC 600 with FaitalPro HF106 with their new Ketone diaphragm (its their answer to the more costly beryllium).

The woofer is AE TD15M - 8ohm (actually this is more like 10ohm woofers)

The Box is 140L in vented tuned to 40hz. I have gone all the way with the box, as this is as close as furniture grade kind of build i have ever done, with birch ply, Jarrah trims and Rock Maple sides for the front baffle.

• Like 4

Now this may not be as excited as Paul Spencer's PSE :D, but after i set up the speaker and took some measurements (i have just finished 1, another one ready to be assembled), i know that this is going to be something special, i don't know how to say this for guys that never done measurements, but if your tweeter (mid-tweeter in this case) can make objects vibrating and excite the room with sweep tone, don't you think you will expect some dynamics goodness? :D:P

So here are the E JMLC measurements, first is horizontal off axis from 0 15 30 and 45.

Measurements conditions are :

1. Mic distance 1.2m

2. Axis is between Woofer flange and edge of the horn.

3. 1/48th smoothing

4. 4msec gating

post-120534-0-30298100-1409362536_thumb.

Edited by henry218
  • Like 2

Wow, very nice!

Interested to hear your impressions of the HF106, I am using the HF144 which I like, which is a 1.4 inch CD with ketone polymer diaphragm as well, though it seems quite a rarely used device in DIY forum-land,

Wow, very nice!

Interested to hear your impressions of the HF106, I am using the HF144 which I like, which is a 1.4 inch CD with ketone polymer diaphragm as well, though it seems quite a rarely used device in DIY forum-land,

They have better HF than most CD i assumed.

I can tell more after i build the other box and make the crossover for it. Im not that proud for having too many parts, as this will have 14 parts at least.

Very horny! What valve amp is it Henry? Are you using it yo drive the horn?

Thats a chinese amp made by a friend of mine from HKG. They dont do bass very well but mid hi pretty good. Elson checked the design, its OPT is better than most and he measured it as well pretty stable to 40w, but gets more distortion after 10w.

... if your tweeter (mid-tweeter in this case) can make objects vibrating and excite the room with sweep tone, don't you think you will expect some dynamics goodness?

Lovely project there Henry, you can expect some high end results for sure. But re the quote, I say yes, but only if you fix every vibrating object! [emoji41]

Lovely project there Henry, you can expect some high end results for sure. But re the quote, I say yes, but only if you fix every vibrating object! [emoji41]

Haha, unlikely, it vibrates my stairs railinga, not changing them soon!

What crossover slopes/frequencies are you thinking of using mate?

it looks like more of BW 3rd order acoustical @ 1.2khz for the woofer and BW 2nd order @ 1.55khz. the E JMLC itself can't go lower than 1.5khz, so in this case its pretty much as low as i can go.

• Like 1