Sign in to follow this  
Tasebass

Discussion of all things Sondek..good,bad or ugly!!

Well someone had to...phono stages are out though except Urika.

@@andyr..I demo'd the lingo 1 and Naim's Armageddon way back when much preferring the Naim PS.

Dosn't surprise me your mate prefers the basic or Valhalla PS 

lets keep this going here Guys...all Linnies chip in... ;)

I also owned the original  Lingo and Naim Armageddon.   The Naim played tunes better, especially with Naim amps. 

Longer term I felt the Lingo was more neutral and transparent. And it played 45rpm :)   I still own the Lingo.

The Naim ARO tonearm has a  natural delivery of the music that made the Ekos sound HiFi in comparison. Bear in mind this was with Naim amps and SBL's.  Not sure what would sound better today :eek:

This summations and debates can go on forever - trampoline or nothing but the old screw in feet?

Edited by metal beat

The ARO has a cult following for sure.I never quite got it though preferring the Ekos.

you still running this set up?? ;)

Through a twist of fate I've got a second LP12 squirreled away in the cave and it's a dirty one and quite old, can't see the serial number externally so I guess it might be underneath the thing. It's got an Ittok LV11 on it and it's dull gray and pitted looking on the exterior.

Any ideas/advice on how to clean it up if that is indeed possible?

Through a twist of fate I've got a second LP12 squirreled away in the cave and it's a dirty one and quite old, can't see the serial number externally so I guess it might be underneath the thing. It's got an Ittok LV11 on it and it's dull gray and pitted looking on the exterior.

Just about to have dinner but pm me tommorow  to remind me Lee and we can get started .

post some images Luc....the serial number would be stamped underside of the SS top plate. you might see it if you remove the baseboard

Tase.

or PM Ozcall

Edited by Tasebass

Righto, I'll take some later, it's a pretty early model and comes from a smokers household so it stinks like an ashtray, hopefully I can get that out with some orange oil.

The ARO has a cult following for sure.I never quite got it though preferring the Ekos.

you still running this set up?? ;)

Yes, LP12, Circus, Trampo, Naim Aro, ESC'd Linn Troika on a 3 tier Mana stand.      Going to put the dyna XV-1s on the ARO soon as it is off my DD table currently.

Cheers

Edited by metal beat

Got any photo's MB ;)

Yes, LP12, Circus, Trampo, Naim Aro, ESC'd Linn Troika on a 3 tier Mana stand.      Going to put the dyna XV-1s on the ARO soon as it is off my DD table currently.

Cheers

Aah, you need a Tase-pimped plinth, Shane. ;)  It may not make your LP12 sound better ... but it will make it look sexy! :thumb:

Regards,

Andy

Here's my Deck cranking out "Hemispheres" 

post-109454-0-74715500-1407582161_thumb.

Thoughts are seriously turning to this...

post-109454-0-48627300-1407582221_thumb. post-109454-0-36766800-1407582241_thumb. post-109454-0-13400300-1407582267_thumb. 

I have a new motor and Geddon PS, thoughts are on a Kore sub chassis and a 9inch Univector arm from duc ....that should please Andy!! :lol:

Aah, you need a Tase-pimped plinth, Shane. ;)  It may not make your LP12 sound better ... but it will make it look sexy! :thumb:

Regards,

Andy

ooooo I bet it would.... :P

Here's my Deck cranking out "Hemispheres" 

attachicon.gifhem 1.JPG

I have a new motor and Geddon PS, thoughts are on a Kore sub chassis and a 9inch Univector arm from duc ....that should please Andy!! :lol:

Mate, I strongly recommend you put an @@lovetube Univector on it ... it will sound magnificent!! ;)  But the Univector is 9.5" - not 9" ... is that a problem for the Linn armboard dimensions?

Regards,

Andy

Gee your lucky, two LP12's :P that old one should clean up ok with some TLC.

Mate, I strongly recommend you put an @@lovetube Univector on it ... it will sound magnificent!! ;)  But the Univector is 9.5" - not 9" ... is that a problem for the Linn armboard dimensions?

Regards,

Andy

I'll PM Duc to see if the dimensions are OK.....unless He sees this and can comment.

The arm seems close to a Naim ARO.

Tase.

P.S. you bought that radikal yet!!! :lol:  

Gee your lucky, two LP12's :P that old one should clean up ok with some TLC.

whats better than having one sondek..... :)

whats better than having one sondek..... :)

It's like having a hangover without the fun of the drinking...

Got any photo's MB ;)

Here you go Tase

8551447930_b8c525b5cf_b.jpg

Yes, platter needs a polish :)

8550284875_78e6542b18_b.jpg

Mana table is great stuff for the LP12

8550343453_554d20c54f_b.jpg

Edited by metal beat

How do you polish it or rather what do you use?

Here you go Tase

lovely.......I wouldn't touch that plinth as it looks great.....however I know a Guy who can do something with your platter!! ;)

lovely.......I wouldn't touch that plinth as it looks great.....however I know a Guy who can do something with your platter!! ;)

ta, table bought new in 03/85 and then, like all Linn owners -  many Linn upgrades. Always looked after like a baby     Platter person is you? :D

Edited by metal beat

Platter person is you? :D

Yep!!... got 3 of them at the moment, been messing around a lot in this area as its one that receives little attention except for polishing. yours has signs of corrosion which can be looked at depending on the depth of pitting. I'll be coating a few more soon as I have found the SQ improves!!!

Edited by Tasebass

...so how do you clean them?

Yep!!... got 3 of them at the moment, been messing around a lot in this area as its one that receives little attention except for polishing. yours has signs of corrosion which can be looked at depending on the depth of pitting. I'll be coating a few more soon as I have found the SQ improves!!!

You need to do the inner platter/spindle as well right?, to maintain that perfect fit.

What SQ improvements do you find?   I would want mote clarity/transparency - not warmth/sweetness

cheers

I'll PM Duc to see if the dimensions are OK.....unless He sees this and can comment.

The arm seems close to a Naim ARO.

Tase.

P.S. you bought that radikal yet!!! :lol:  

Hi Tase.

the Naim Aro Mounting distance is 212.5mm . the Univector 9.5"  Mounting distance s 224.xx mm.

so for Linn LP12 mount the Univector is possible with a new arm Board .

regards

Duc