Sign in to follow this  
Krispy Audio

EOI: Custom Sota Sapphire I said I'd never sell

That's right…..this MIGHT be up for sale, if you're the right person. You need to promise to love and cherish my beloved Sota Sapphire with all your heart. You need to smother it with hugs and timber polish regularly. And most of all, you need to play beautiful music with it. 

Back to the facts, this is a 2013 Sota Sapphire originally made with a Canadian Maple plinth. I then commissioned a local tattoo artist and personal friend of mine to create something special for me. She took over 3 months to prepare and paint these flash art pieces. This truly is an individual, one-off turntable. The Sapphire is the first in the Sota line-up to use their sprung platter/armboard (similar to Linn).

Ships in the original box with a Sota Reflex clamp as pictured. Can supply with an SME or Moerch arm board, and can also supply the fitted Morch DP-6 tonearm with red dot Precision armband. Only selling to help fund my Sota Cosmos which will be treated in a similarly artistic way. 

I'm not going to publish a price at this stage, so please PM me if you're seriously interested and let's see if we can strike a deal. 

sotasapphirekrispyaudio2.jpg

sotasapphirekrispyaudio3.jpg

sotasapphirekrispyaudio1.jpg

sotasapphirekrispyaudio4.jpg

Hey Cam, you can't actually do what you've done:

"EOI: Insert Item Name Here" For Expressions of Interest thread. - PLEASE NOTE - Expressions of Interest posts MUST include an asking price. Your thread will not be approved if you do not include a price.

Guest yamaha_man

He's a sponsor, he can do as he likes. ;)

Can he, I dinna know that? Ah well then that's different then isn't it. Carry on Cam.

Lol thanks Luc :) - as a price guide it is going to be in near proximity to RRP, but if it's purchased with arm and/or cart then a further combo discount is no problems. 

My 2 year old daughters loves the animation but I am afraid she wants to play the Sota turntable in a different way that I would!

why Cam, why?

Relax - I'm going to be replacing it with the Cosmos with vacuum platter and will do the same treatment to it. There's more real estate if she paints the motor pump unit as well! 

hires_cosmos.jpg

I have a Cosmos Cam - no doubt you have already heard one. Great TT's. GLWS

I actually have a Sapphire as well - just keep both? One a mono table and the other stereo  :D

Edited by jrisles

Heard a few, only owned up to the Nova at this stage though, so will be great to finally spend a bit more quality time with a Cosmos (although will be a difficult wait whilst being painted!). 

Guest yamaha_man

So whats the RRP of the deck?

That is a beautiful looking deck and the paint job is sensational. Do you feel that the highly individual treatment enhances your chances of a good price upon your sale? Or is finding the right buyer made a bit more difficult by deviating from the standard finish?