SOLD: FS: Plinius Hiato Integrated Amplifier

Item: Plinius Hiato Integrated Amplifier  (SOLD )

Price: $ 3800

Item Condition: 8/10

Reason for selling: System Upgrade

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal

With 300 watts per channel the Hiato integrated stereo amplifier is a serious piece of equipment capable of driving big, difficult to drive speakers. It masters complex musical pieces that many dedicated power amps struggle with to give you spine tingling detail in the treble and control over the bass and mid range that is a pure delight.

If you are looking for an integrated amplifier solution in your music system but you don't want to sacrifice the benefits that true, well controlled power can bring then this amplifier is for you.

The rear panel layout includes four line level inputs and a user adjustable phono input. High quality WBT RCA connectors are used on all line level and phono inputs with additional balanced XLR inputs for CD and Line 1. It has RCA and XLR HT bypass input, remote IR input and 12V input/output triggers. There are four pairs of output connectors allowing bi-wired speaker applications, line level output for archiving and pre-out for bi-amping. The phono stage is optional.

POWER

300 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms
450 watts RMS per channel into 4 ohms
Both channels driven from 20Hz to 20kHz at less than 0.2% total harmonic distortion

FREQUENCY RESPONSE

20Hz to 20kHz ±0.2dB
-3dB at 70kHz

DISTORTION

Typically <0.05% THD at rated power
0.1% THD and IM worst case prior to clipping

CURRENT OUTPUT

50A short duration peak per channel
Fuse protected

SLEW RATE

Typically 5µs

HUM & NOISE

90dB below rated ouput 20Hz to 20kHz unweighted

POWER/CURRENT CONSUMPTION

800W
0.6A (138W) Class AB Idle
0.3A (69W) Standby

DIMENSIONS

Height: 170mm (7 1/2")
Width: 450mm (17 3/4")
Depth: 455mm (17 3/4")
Weight: 25kg (56lb)

post-139552-0-10590000-1406103951_thumb.

post-139552-0-78323700-1406103965_thumb.

Edited by consequence

Hi, consequense

What are you upgrading to?

I am planning to get a Burmester 909 integrated ...Plinius Hiato is a good amp for many speaker ,like B&W  ..but it is hard to drive my speaker -Dynaudio Temptation.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard the Dynaudio Temptation at the melb hifi show. Absolutely the best speakers I've ever heard.

They were using a demo cd that I know well and using Bryston amplification if I remember correctly.

Anyway GLWS i'm sure you'll have an amazing setup in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard the Dynaudio Temptation at the melb hifi show. Absolutely the best speakers I've ever heard.

They were using a demo cd that I know well and using Bryston amplification if I remember correctly.

Anyway GLWS i'm sure you'll have an amazing setup in the end.

I think Bryston is not good enough for the speaker...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.