just leave yourself time to sit and listen 😄

If not I’ve got a playlist of Johnny Cash on Spotify keyse1

🎶

8F93EB7C-131C-4EDB-8B09-01D9D226E498.jpeg

485F12EF-E12B-4D0E-9B4F-882566174C3E.jpeg

59DEC0EB-8283-4A0D-B2FD-5CEC30C95E4B.jpeg

A8E4C9B1-FD49-468A-9874-668C1587C4D6.jpeg

great stuff,
just been watching the history of country music, the sbs ken burns series again,didn't realise how much of a country tragic i am, then you think well i have most of the albums and artists that that great doco  showcase's and i am pretty sure you have them all and more keyse.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ray4410 said:

great stuff,
just been watching the history of country music, the sbs ken burns series again,didn't realise how much of a country tragic i am, then you think well i have most of the albums and artists that that great doco  showcase's and i am pretty sure you have them all and more keyse.

Great doco

One of the many interesting things about it is the way it places country music in the cultural life of America 

Pretty sure we listen to a lot of the same music😊

With a Lot of country musics secret weapon🪕🪕🪕

• Like 1

Guest deanB
3 hours ago, keyse1 said:

Lot of good songs there but doesn’t even scratch the surface of great songs

Hope you can read these

Stream them

or some of them anyway

just leave yourself time to sit and listen 😄

If not I’ve got a playlist of Johnny Cash on Spotify keyse1

🎶

8F93EB7C-131C-4EDB-8B09-01D9D226E498.jpeg

485F12EF-E12B-4D0E-9B4F-882566174C3E.jpeg

59DEC0EB-8283-4A0D-B2FD-5CEC30C95E4B.jpeg

A8E4C9B1-FD49-468A-9874-668C1587C4D6.jpeg

Not a streamer, Keyse but do me up a list of the Cash albums you consider essential to own.

1 hour ago, deanB said:

Not a streamer, Keyse but do me up a list of the Cash albums you consider essential to own.

Over the next few days can do

A lot of great songs often spread across multiple records along with a lot of unlistenable ones😊

Johnny Cash has some great detailed compilations 

7 hours ago, ray4410 said:

great stuff,

Did you watch the SBS or the Discs?  SBS only showed half of what is on the discs.

John

8 hours ago, Assisi said:

Did you watch the SBS or the Discs?  SBS only showed half of what is on the discs.

John

hi john,only watched the sbs series
will have to look into the disc set
thanks
ray.

2 hours ago, ray4410 said:

hi john,only watched the sbs series
will have to look into the disc set
thanks
ray.

From memory The SBS was only 8 hours.  The Disc set is 16 hours plus.  Another good one is the DVD "Down from the Mountain".  It is a documentary from the concert tour of the music inspired by the Coen Bros film "O Brother where Art Though"  The concerts include but not only, performers from the film.  John Hartford as concert MC is special.

John

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Assisi said:

From memory The SBS was only 8 hours.  The Disc set is 16 hours plus.  Another good one is the DVD "Down from the Mountain".  It is a documentary from the concert tour of the music inspired by the Coen Bros film "O Brother where Art Though"  The concerts include but not only, performers from the film.  John Hartford as concert MC is special.

John

thanks john
i have checked into the dvd series  around the $70.00 pretty good value for 16hrs of great footage,
i do have the DOWN FROM THE MOUNTAIN concert❤️🎸it,
regards
ray.

• Like 1

On 21/5/2022 at 9:12 AM, Assisi said:

John

in the same vein as Down From the Mountain is Another Day, Another Time, a concert of music from another Coen Bros movie, Inside Llewyn Davis. I never saw the original film but the concert movie is sort of a cross-generational Down From the Mountain. Maybe not as good but definitely worth checking out. 

• Like 1

On 20/5/2022 at 5:13 PM, deanB said:

The Nashville  Sessions is a 2 for 1 that has some great songs and is a personal favourite

As Long As I Live is a duet on Water From The Wells Of Home with Emmylou and is one of my many favourite songs of all time

The duets with June is wonderful 

D393586B-0796-4C1C-87F1-098B6372E98F.jpeg

E840283F-FC17-4A48-80B1-2A21068151CD.jpeg

@deanB

This has a good to great selection of songs

4 songs with The Carter Family and 3 with Earle Scruggs justify the price add one with Bob and a couple with June and any questions about how great Johnny Cash is becomes redundant 😊

As I said before you need time to listen to pick it up

The good news is that Johnny Cash is a great accompaniment to drinking beer🍺🎶🎶

BE2C1685-8C18-46D3-B5F6-CA5B54FCFC1B.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

@deanB

4 songs with The Carter Family and 3 with Earle Scruggs justify the price add one with Bob and a couple with June and any questions about how great Johnny Cash is becomes redundant 😊

The good news is that Johnny Cash is a great accompaniment to drinking beer🍺🎶along with MERL,WAYLON,WILLY,KRIS,HANK,PATSY,i could go on but i will🤐 as this is about the great Johnny Cash.

• Like 1

Guest deanB
2 hours ago, keyse1 said:

@deanB

I've probably never listened to Cash without a beer in reach.

Thanks for those recommendations, I'll do a Discogs search asap.

15 hours ago, keyse1 said:

15 hours ago, keyse1 said:

Check this out

Never heard Tex Ritter but recognised the song from a St Nick cover

This really is incredible 

Watch to the very end

keyse search youtube for tex doing deck of cards,very clever stuff.

Edited by ray4410

My youngest child Frances  is a great harmonica player , she’s playing with a great alt country singer from Braidwood NSW, Lily Morris 

they are all young, 21 ish, and just getting started, but getting gig’s.

she only has 2 tracks on Spotify but more on Bandcamp 

5C83A982-4CAF-4947-8140-90084F93852A.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Lucinda Williams - This Sweet Old World. 2017 version when she rerecorded the album and although I like what she did 25 years later, I still have a real soft spot for the original which has always been a favourite of mine. The original album cover was my avatar here on StereoNET up until around 2016 along with the other couple below and apologies for subjecting you to that totally useless bit of information, but thanks for indulging me anyway.............hmmm, nostalgia.🙄

Cheers,

Keith

This Sweet Old World - Wikipedia

untitled.jpg

pink T shirt.jpg

guitar and hat.jpg

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2