Sign in to follow this  
macguffin

"Perfect " Pop Song

I've got this on 45 somewhere :) Less than 3 minutes and all scat.

There is more "rock" in this thread than you can poke a stick at. Lets consult Wiki:

"Pop music (a term that originally derives from an abbreviation of "popular") is a genre of popular music which originated in its modern form in the 1950s, deriving from rock and roll.[1] The terms "popular music" and "pop music" are often used interchangeably, even though the former is a description of music which is popular (and can include any style).[1]

As a genre, pop music is very eclectic, often borrowing elements from other styles including urbandancerockLatin and country;[1]nonetheless, there are core elements which define pop. Such include generally short-to-medium length songs, written in a basic format (often the verse-chorus structure), as well as the common employment of repeated choruses, melodic tunes, and catchyhooks.[1]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_music

With that in mind, you've all missed probably the biggest pop song of all time (PS if you want a good watch, get a hold of ABC's TV series by the same name):

I've got this on 45 somewhere :) Less than 3 minutes and all scat.

Would love some Pete  but hey..

There is more "rock" in this thread than you can poke a stick at. Lets consult Wiki:

"Pop music (a term that originally derives from an abbreviation of "popular") is a genre of popular music which originated in its modern form in the 1950s, deriving from rock and roll.[1] The terms "popular music" and "pop music" are often used interchangeably, even though the former is a description of music which is popular (and can include any style).[1]

As a genre, pop music is very eclectic, often borrowing elements from other styles including urbandancerockLatin and country;[1]nonetheless, there are core elements which define pop. Such include generally short-to-medium length songs, written in a basic format (often the verse-chorus structure), as well as the common employment of repeated choruses, melodic tunes, and catchyhooks.[1]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_music

With that in mind, you've all missed probably the biggest pop song of all time (PS if you want a good watch, get a hold of ABC's TV series by the same name):

It is whay you need but, 300 western peopole have died lately., tis no room for crap, you can chill out somewheres.

OK 3 MINUTES

Alpples and Orangess.

drugs and floyd

"

Lucifer

?

This one is more country than pop, but it is melodic and catchy, and clocks in under 3 minutes.

Hi

For me something that resonates and just about everyone I know like it and seem to sing along :

JJ

Hi

Just buy this:

51eHQUV7oSL._PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,

Every track a gem, and 26 of the 40 songs come in at 3 minutes or less.

Cheers

mick

Barracuda by Heart. Racked it up recently to show the kids how lame Fergie's cover was:

Mind you, Gretchen Wilson also does a great job of it. Edited by krebetman

Edited by metal beat

Walk Away Renee - almost any version

SOS - ABBA

I Had A Secret Meeting In The Basement Of My Brain - The National

Edited by ozpomfromhell

24 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

:)

This song deserves far more attention than it gets.

On 05/04/2017 at 7:29 PM, MC240 said:

I'd like to vote this thrice as there are clips here I've not seen before. Insight. Thank you.

catchy, riffy, cruisey, easy, sing-a-longy, karaoke 

chill

I'm seeing a lot of songs posted here that aren't really 'Pop'.

But anyway.................

From the greatest year for music............ever!

I'm not playing but in many cases songs that get "stuck in your ear" are not necessarily there for the right reason. :D

My pop song favorites are guilty pleasures and I cannot define what it is that makes me like them. Although a large part may well be nostalgia.