Sign in to follow this  
WhoRu?

Look what speakers they mix the Hobbit on

Had a look through Park Road Post Production today. Look what speakers they mix the Hobbit soundtrack on.... All 7 channels.

post-109474-0-62714000-1404522614_thumb.

post-109474-0-49022400-1404522668_thumb.

Edited by tanehy

I certainly didn't need to see that disturbing pic this early on a Sunday morning. There goes my calm inner peace and the 12 step plan I'd learnt at B+W Anonymous after several sessions :angry:

They have a spare pair in storage too. A guy from abbey road studios mixes the soundtrack for Peter Jackson and he had to have the 800D's to do the job.

I certainly didn't need to see that disturbing pic this early on a Sunday morning. 

At least they weren't those horrible white coned yamaha "reference" monitors

So I take it they won't be able to do Atmos with these speakers then heh

I certainly didn't need to see that disturbing pic this early on a Sunday morning. There goes my calm inner peace and the 12 step plan I'd learnt at B+W Anonymous after several sessions :angry:

Quite the opposite old buddy...they have found their niche in life...surround sound duties...Rob

Had a look through Park Road Post Production today. Look what speakers they mix the Hobbit soundtrack on.... All 7 channels.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And then they put a whacking great mixing console in the middle of the speakers :-)

SS

They only mix the soundtrack(music) in that room... There are 2 other much larger theatres which are Dolby Atmos equipped where they mix the actual audio in.

Edited by tanehy

No wonder the quality of the soundtrack is so good.

Seems like there are still people who care about quality.

Peter Jackson snuck in and out of little ol' Grafton and set up the speaker system in our heritage listed Saraton theatre during it's refurbishment and yes, it sound fantastic.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SHF Staff
      Item: Bowers & Wilkins 800Diamond, 802Diamond, 803Diamond, 804Diamond & 805Diamond with stands
      Price: Please call or visit the store for pricing
      Item Condition: Ex demonstration with original packaging excluding 803D (no boxes)
      Payment Method: all except Diners
      Extra Info: The Bowers and Wilkins 800 series is soon to be revised for new versions and we are aggressively clearing our existing demonstration stock.
      Pictures:
      Photos of actual stock on offer - 800Diamond in Rosenut, 802Diamond in Piano Black, 803Diamond in Cherry.
      Photos of actual stock on offer - 804Diamond in Rosenut & 805Diamond in Cherry with black stands

Please understand that due to our agreements with Bowers and Wilkins all special pricing must be discussed either over the phone or preferably in person. We will not offer pricing indications via PM or email.

Kind Regards,

Michael
      Sydney Hi-Fi Castle Hill
      Shop 7 19 Victoria Avenue Castle Hill
      02 9899 9079
    • By roh008
      Firstly a big thank you to the guys at Sydney Hi-Fi.
      I initially went in to check out some Chord DACs, ended up listening to some amazing set ups they had there.
      Kicked off with B&W 800Ds running off some Chord SPM 5000 Monoblocs and a Chord Pre hooked up to a Chord DAC, typically B&W Sound, coupled with the Chord gave an easy to listen to flowing sound with immense bass. Certainly the mids and highs were very different to the sound I am getting used to from my Osborns.
      Played a range of music from Bach -> Moby -> Diana Krall -> Metallica -> Lorde to name a few.

Lorde's track became my reference track for the bass for the other set ups I listened too. The 800Ds pressurized the listening room so well
      I then went on and listened to Audio Physic Cardeas - never heard of them! These puppies were powered with the big daddies from Chord - SPM 14000Mk II monoblocs 700W mono block beasts!

The Cardeas had amazing mids and highs but lacked the low end (in comparison to what I just heard from the 800Ds) that is not to say there wasn't any bass, but not in the same quantity as the 800Ds, maybe, just maybe, slightly better quality of bass than the 800Ds.
      Next up was the Kharma - Karan combination.
      The Kharma DB9 powered by Karan Acoustics KA S 600 monoblocs - oh my god! no really OH MY GOD! I have just entered in to audio heaven, simply put I have not heard a better system. No need to go in to detail, just to say, for me at least, it was Audio Nirvana - the analysis stopped and the enjoyment just flooded through.

Highly recommend listening to the Kharma if you are looking at $20K + speakers, stunning.
      Thanks once again to Sydney Hi-Fi, I didn't even end up buying anything from them, yet they were so welcoming and more than happy and in fact encouraged me to listen to all their systems!
      Roh
      Edited for amendments in model names.