Art work for music room

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for some art work ideas for the dedicated music room.  Would love to see what other people have.  Also if there is any budding talented artists out there please contact me.  Happy to commission something if you have a love of music.

Would really like to see some jazz based artwork especially.

Thanks,

Tony

post-111148-0-35817300-1403672867_thumb.

Cool idea for a post, this is what I have. I paint all day, it's what I do for a crust. Do it with my system going. Art everywhere...

The piece in the middle is a section kept from a 20m long installation I made recently, the paintings are just what I'm working on.

Enjoy J

post-116842-0-91484500-1403677158_thumb.

post-116842-0-07457000-1403677187_thumb.

• Like 21

I don't have any artwork, but on one wall I have two framed posters: one of Dexter Gordon, one of John Coltrane. One the other wall I have 10 12"x12" frames, each with an LP cover inside. I typically follow a theme for the album covers. Currently it's Roger Dean artwork.

--Geoff

• Like 2

Cool idea for a post, this is what I have. I paint all day, it's what I do for a crust. Do it with my system going. Art everywhere...

The piece in the middle is a section kept from a 20m long installation I made recently, the paintings are just what I'm working on.

Enjoy J

Gents, Monde's is the real deal, truly amazing stuff. Visited his studio once and was blown away by the quality of his work :thumb:

• Like 1

I don't have any artwork, but on one wall I have two framed posters: one of Dexter Gordon, one of John Coltrane. One the other wall I have 10 12"x12" frames, each with an LP cover inside. I typically follow a theme for the album covers. Currently it's Roger Dean artwork.

--Geoff

HG, you should know by now not to make such a post without pics.  :rolleyes: 

Monde has set the bar so high these dont seem worth posting, amazing work, but anyway.

We used to have this original painting

IMG_0846Custom.jpg

But not long before we moved o/s we bought this 3 peice aboriginal artwok off ebay, had it framed and I stuffed some acoustic foam in behind each panel. Like Geoff we have some of those LP art frames with a few LP's on the walls too.

IMG_7572Large.jpg

• Like 5

Enjoy J

Man, love that middle section.  Very cool.

• Like 1

If I had a man cave with complete freedom to decorate the walls I would like to get some of the original 70's hi-fi posters, like Linn, Technics SL1000, Gale, Kef, Thorens and B&W for example.  I think they look cool, particularly considering that the ones that I mentioned are still highly regarded and sought after today. 

• Like 1

I like your work Mondie.  Have you got photos of other work you have done?  Would like to see more.

I have always thought it would look really cool to have an artist paint a series of iconic record covers.  Allow the artist to have some freedom with them so you recognise the image but it's different to the original photo.

I am an artist myself and read this post and thought I might as well pipe up.

My works are quite abstract although I do have a few based around music.

Here is a link to the main page if you are interested : http://psychedelicart.pw/

If you are after visual beauty then you might find them interesting.

All of my works are one off and if you find something you like we can talk more...

I am open to commissions as well if you have something in mind also : )

Contact me on pm.

Cheers

niceride

• Like 2

^ Top work Niceride, BTW love the copyright at bottom of your page.

Liked this one in particular. Hope you don't mind me posting it here. PM if you want me to delete it.

painting+1990-1992.2-2058195576-O.jpg

Edited by MC240
  • Like 2

If I had a man cave with complete freedom to decorate the walls I would like to get some of the original 70's hi-fi posters, like Linn, Technics SL1000, Gale, Kef, Thorens and B&W for example.  I think they look cool, particularly considering that the ones that I mentioned are still highly regarded and sought after today. 

That's a nice touch, Flemo. :thumb:

Brings to mind mechanical workshops and their old Pirelli calenders.

Enjoy J

Stunning stuff...

Thanks for sharing this mate.

M

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...