showcase your workshop system!!

Shed system, some stuff sounds better than others, mainly old bits here.
IMG_1850.JPG

Sent from a good looking phone owned by a handsome dude.

Wow!
You've got a treasure trove of em' there Joe - trying to put together an ultra cheap system for a hard up friend of my son's!
Think I've found a good source ! [emoji10]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 22 January 2017 at 0:01 PM, Powerglide said:

What happened to dirty vinyl pusher?

AKA guest "so ...... you build triangles"

Been wondering the the same thing. Dropped off the radar for a bit last year and came back to a changed site and no half witty FNQ humour 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Bit of an update to the FSSSS-

$180 worth of ex demo Q Acoustics 2010I's. The best bang for buck speaker I have ever heard.

IMAG3330.thumb.jpg.80f89976d8f8f807fc1b8c4a647d5858.jpg

IMAG3331.thumb.jpg.ba538bcd19740cf7a3bf5298aecafcaf.jpg

IMAG3332.thumb.jpg.74553886ae4e2f7752b0d07b59b9ccc7.jpg

IMAG3333.thumb.jpg.d4ec5d0b6b138fa85259f8bb5e6413d1.jpg

These would do justice to smaller room main system, well worth checking out, my first taste of Q Acoustics gear and I am very impressed.

• Like 2

Q Acoustics do good things for little outlay. I'd recommend anyone on a budget to check them out. PSB too. Of course, if I had a pair of either, I couldn't bear to put them in the shed. They'd be dead in a day with all the flying particulates, small fires and whatever else I can work up on a Saturday arvo. Very nice wee system though dude. Must take a pic of The Bastard Bose to share....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Evening folks,

finally got around to posting a pic of my workshop system - Kenwood AVR. Rotel CD spinner and a couple of Whatmough 2 way Magnums. With the weather having been warmer over the last few weekends, the system is finally getting a run while going about the usual chores within the shed.

Cheers,

James

20171105_134530.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

My garage - workshop listening area mainly for watching sports, live music and having a few frothies (beers) with friends or just to get some peace.

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

Edited by Sansui77
  • Like 6

• 2 months later...

Recently took the workshop system home for an outdoor party, came back in this configuration and decided to just plug and play, I now have a five foot ghetto blaster  that "shakes the foundations" eye e eye oh 

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

Edited by Powerglide
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Not my workshop, but on my back deck I have a system that has evolved nicely over the last couple of years.

Latest upgrades, and probably the last for a while now, are a Sangean WFT-3D for Streaming, Internet Radio, DAB+ and USB stick duties and a Rotel RA-970BX Integrated amp that I just picked up yesterday.

The Sangean replaced an Oppo DV-970HD which was mostly being used with memory sticks, and the Rotel replaced a Yamaha AVC-30 Amp which is a bigger beast and made the space a bit squeezy after the previous change.

The Glenwood speakers retain their original bass/mid driver, but the tweeter and internals have been upgraded.

The Yamaha T-80 is a cracking tuner and takes care of my regular 3PBS, 3RRR & 3MDR  listening out there.

The UNDOK iOS app makes using the Sangean a breeze.

Just thinking, this is now the first of my various systems that does not have a disk spinner!

The Oppo player and the Yamaha amp will now go to the garage, so I'll put up pics of the actual 'workshop' system when that is done.

Deck System_2018-04 (1).JPG

Deck System_2018-04 (2).JPG

Deck System_2018-04 (3).JPG

Edited by surprisetech

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
Thought I might upgrade my amp in the mancave.

IMAG0737.thumb.jpg.e00941dd0076690242080d169728e9ce.jpg

How you finding it ? I’ve been waxing / waning on selling mine but every time I take it out to photo shoot I cannot being myself to sell it !! Great looking and sounding amps IMHO
AJ

1 hour ago, A J said:

How you finding it ? I’ve been waxing / waning on selling mine but every time I take it out to photo shoot I cannot being myself to sell it !! Great looking and sounding amps IMHO
AJ

Originally I had a AU-217, long gone now and it was ok but no where near the 517's sonics. Sounds fabulous, a total different beast. Probably too good for the gaarrage though but it's getting used as it should. 

Edited by Sansui77

• 8 months later...