showcase your workshop system!!

hi all, I havnt been able to find a workshop type system thread so heres mine!  

NADM51 as pre through audioquest sky xlrs to musical fidelity AMS 35P,them to Lenehan s2r speakers through chord signature cables with a velodyn cht15 sub in a 10m x 20m x5m high shed (set up in a 5m corner,underlooking car hoist !).

so sound does differ depending if car is up or down throughout the daypost-143213-0-94685100-1403600464_thumb.

its orsome to work with that for sure! 

• Like 9

I'll see your messy multi box, multi cable, NAD/Audioquest/Lenehan/Chord/Velodyne monstrosity and raise it with this:

post-117460-0-26206200-1403609487_thumb.

It not only has a twin cam tape deck (yes, one cassette bay behind the other), but it's own 'subwoofer' capable of not just normal bass like you get with a G clamp modified subwoofer but X bass! And all that bass from only one extra 'slot' loaded, plastic surrounded, 5in driver*

* mine doesn't actually have the 5in speaker in the top any more, was ripped out many years ago so more like ex bass.

Plus it's also much less black than the one in the pic with many years of sawdust giving it a lovely aged patina to match the early 90s styling. You just can't buy that sort of thing!

Anyhow that's my shed system! In all it's glory.

Edited by shaky
  • Like 5

I'll see your messy multi box, multi cable, NAD/Audioquest/Lenehan/Chord/Velodyne monstrosity and raise it with this:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It not only has a twin cam tape deck (yes, one cassette bay behind the other), but it's own 'subwoofer' capable of not just normal bass like you get with a G clamp modified subwoofer but X bass! And all that bass from only one extra 'slot' loaded, plastic surrounded, 5in driver*

* mine doesn't actually have the 5in speaker in the top any more, was ripped out many years ago so more like ex bass.

Plus it's also much less black than the one in the pic with many years of sawdust giving it a lovely aged patina to match the early 90s styling. You just can't buy that sort of thing!

Anyhow that's my shed system! In all it's glory.

yes I have one of those! its my reference system! this is a shed thread thanks!

yes I have one of those! its my reference system! this is a shed thread thanks!

Sorry, my bad. Thought I'd put my best foot forward here as my inside (or outside, as in outside of the shed) system isn't quite as sophisticated. It has neither a cassette deck nor the famed X bass, not even that 3 band graphic equalizer either! Quite poor actually.

• 1 year later...

Just reviving this thread as it came up in discussion the other day.

I will be updating my shed system some day soon once I finish my current boombox project.

In the meantime maybe we can have some more contributions to this thread?

What happened with the super multi speaker box as posted by @@wasthatnormal above?

Did it get finished?

:)

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

I have to mention in my defence, that I collect stuff!. From roadside pickup to e-bay. Rather than have it sit in a cupboard, the audio equipment gets connected up, at whim.

This is my workshop.

A set of IMF ALS40's and a set of Kef concertos.

Kefs are driven by the Luxman setup

ALS40 by a Rotel.

The ALS40 speakers have a really punchy bass, while the Concertos are a bit more balanced

post-105056-0-45309400-1436438431_thumb.

post-105056-0-51087300-1436438453_thumb.

post-105056-0-70546200-1436438476_thumb.

Edited by coppinger
  • Like 7

My current (every changing) garage systems.

Seems I have got the pics around the wrong way.

Main set up is a Technics SUV4X with STZ11 driving Goodmans Magnums K2`s. Just slid an old PC in to replace my old now dead laptop. (Not a bad thing as I now have a lot more storage space for music files)

Other end of the shed is a Rotel 610 driving B&O CX100`s.

Not flash but it does the job.

Tony

post-152419-0-62355100-1436452831_thumb.

post-152419-0-32813600-1436452966_thumb.

• Like 5

I have to mention in my defence, that I collect stuff!. From roadside pickup to e-bay. Rather than have it sit in a cupboard, the audio equipment gets connected up, at whim.

This is my workshop.

A set of IMF ALS40's and a set of Kef concertos.

Kefs are driven by the Luxman setup

ALS40 by a Rotel.

The ALS40 speakers have a really punchy bass, while the Concertos are a bit more balanced

attachicon.gifluxman.jpg

I spy an Akai AT-2400 tuner.... Just what I need to match my father's AM-2400 integrated ;)

• Like 2

Sheesh, my shed system is quite humble compared to this but shall try and get some pics up. :)

mine is an old clock radio....I really should plonk some old car speakers in a box and car sub I have tucked away to make a simple system for the place :)

• Like 1