johnnygohard

showcase your workshop system!!

hi all, I havnt been able to find a workshop type system thread so heres mine!  

NADM51 as pre through audioquest sky xlrs to musical fidelity AMS 35P,them to Lenehan s2r speakers through chord signature cables with a velodyn cht15 sub in a 10m x 20m x5m high shed (set up in a 5m corner,underlooking car hoist !).

so sound does differ depending if car is up or down throughout the daypost-143213-0-94685100-1403600464_thumb.

its orsome to work with that for sure! 

Well that's pretty flash for a shed!  :D

And I bet it gets things rattling pretty easily...

Bloody hell!! ML1s in a shed system?!??!? That's bonkers (in a good way).

Mines so good I was going to mention it twice. But then felt that would look like I was rubbing it in!

Edited by shaky

I'll see your messy multi box, multi cable, NAD/Audioquest/Lenehan/Chord/Velodyne monstrosity and raise it with this:

post-117460-0-26206200-1403609487_thumb.

It not only has a twin cam tape deck (yes, one cassette bay behind the other), but it's own 'subwoofer' capable of not just normal bass like you get with a G clamp modified subwoofer but X bass! And all that bass from only one extra 'slot' loaded, plastic surrounded, 5in driver*

* mine doesn't actually have the 5in speaker in the top any more, was ripped out many years ago so more like ex bass.

Plus it's also much less black than the one in the pic with many years of sawdust giving it a lovely aged patina to match the early 90s styling. You just can't buy that sort of thing!

Anyhow that's my shed system! In all it's glory.

Edited by shaky

lenehans make people do silly things s2r,s though,not those whimpy ml1,s!   LOL!

Bloody hell!! ML1s in a shed system?!??!? That's bonkers (in a good way).

I'll see your messy multi box, multi cable, NAD/Audioquest/Lenehan/Chord/Velodyne monstrosity and raise it with this:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It not only has a twin cam tape deck (yes, one cassette bay behind the other), but it's own 'subwoofer' capable of not just normal bass like you get with a G clamp modified subwoofer but X bass! And all that bass from only one extra 'slot' loaded, plastic surrounded, 5in driver*

* mine doesn't actually have the 5in speaker in the top any more, was ripped out many years ago so more like ex bass.

Plus it's also much less black than the one in the pic with many years of sawdust giving it a lovely aged patina to match the early 90s styling. You just can't buy that sort of thing!

Anyhow that's my shed system! In all it's glory.

yes I have one of those! its my reference system! this is a shed thread thanks!

lenehans make people do silly things s2r,s though,not those whimpy ml1,s!   LOL!

Ah, of course they are!!! My bad!

yes I have one of those! its my reference system! this is a shed thread thanks!

Sorry, my bad. Thought I'd put my best foot forward here as my inside (or outside, as in outside of the shed) system isn't quite as sophisticated. It has neither a cassette deck nor the famed X bass, not even that 3 band graphic equalizer either! Quite poor actually.

I see your tape deck and raise you this

49 stock commodore speakers currently in progress! Should be a cute little shed system :)

Does that mean you're going to need 98 speakers for Stereo?

just changed to a vertere difi double usb cable,from a belkin 2.0, huge improvement, sweeter highs, much more bass ,had to turn down sub and clearer focals/mids,very happy

Just reviving this thread as it came up in discussion the other day.

I will be updating my shed system some day soon once I finish my current boombox project.

In the meantime maybe we can have some more contributions to this thread?

What happened with the super multi speaker box as posted by @@wasthatnormal above?

Did it get finished?

:)

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher