Capones System

very nice tidy system, must sound pretty good as well i would expect, :)

Still got a bit of tweaking to do to get the subs right, and maybe a few more rugs to negate the tiled floors

But overall im happy with the sound im currently getting :thumb:

• Like 2

Looking bloody nice and tidy.

When is the other Sub back from VAF's?

That's a good question

From what ive been told its the frequency controller (crossover),so nothing too drastic

Im sure It couldn't be too much longer 

• 2 weeks later...

So I recently changed out the motor belt within the Rega with a new one.

I actually bought two new suspension belts to try out.

The first test was with the two new suspension belts and a piece of sorbothane rubber between the motor and the mount for separation.

flicked the start button and the spindle stayed upright without hitting the plinth :thumb:, But there was motor noise coming through the Plinth :( .

Pulled the motor out again, and took one of the new bands off, so this left one new suspension band and the sorbothane rubber.

Flicked the switch, again the spindle with the new twin pulley stayed true and there is no apparent noise at all   :thumb:  .

Problem fixed and the Rega is sounding fine

Thanks to Elcamry for the sorbothane suggestion :)

First thoughts are that there is an improvement in overall detail of the music, and better separation between the instruments.

When I first put the white belt on, cymbals and pianos shone through, now they are clearly defined  :)

Another little change that has improved the sound, im a happy camper  :thumb:

Now wheres that new Cart?

• Like 3

First thoughts are that there is an improvement in overall detail of the music, and better separation between the instruments.

When I first put the white belt on, cymbals and pianos shone through, now they are clearly defined  :)

Another little change that has improved the sound, im a happy camper  :thumb:

Now wheres that new Cart?

Want to try a MP-11?

Want to try a MP-11?

Thanks for the offer Batty, But Im thinking going to go down the Denon 103r route

Im currently using the Denon DL-110 ( which use to be yours?, I bought it of Rock&orRoll)

After listening to  Elcamrys Denon with the Heeds im hooked :thumb:

Edited by capone

• 1 month later...

Another little addition to my stereo system :D

The Heed Quasar Phono stage, This has taken my Vinyl side of things to a new level, I was previously using the phono stage within my integrated Amp.

Im very impressed with the detail & sound stage im now getting from these magical little black boxes :thumb:

Im Still using a Denon dl-110 Cart, which I thought previously was a little dull, but now coupled with the Heed its a nice sounding combo.

I was thinking of upgrading to a Denon 103R cart, But now with the upgrade of the heed I might look just a little higher?

Big thanks to ElCamry with his help and advice- (who by the way has a fantastic sounding system)  :thumb:

Cheers Capone

post-142144-0-41285200-1411637742_thumb.

• Like 2

I'm not right up with separate phono stages so is the 2 black boxes with little lights under the integrated what we are talking about and I take it that each one is a separate (L+R ) mono Phono stage?

Edited by Grumpy

I would think one is the power brick and the other part holds the goodies, correct?

System is pretty damn awesome now Capone

I was always pretty happy with the 110, its was nothing special but definitely not the worst cart ive owned. I will be keen to see what you upgrade to.

I'm not right up with separate phono stages so is the 2 black boxes with little lights under the integrated what we are talking about and I take it that each one is a separate (L+R ) mono Phono stage?

yes, one box is just a seperate power supply,the other is the MM & MC Box

I would think one is the power brick and the other part holds the goodies, correct?

System is pretty damn awesome now Capone

I was always pretty happy with the 110, its was nothing special but definitely not the worst cart ive owned. I will be keen to see what you upgrade to.

Really happy with the 110,but as its been my only cart wouldnt mind going up the denon tree

After updating the phono stage,i now know i can get more out of my vinyl :)

• 1 year later...

Time for a long over due update in regards to my system!

Firstly the TT, I ended up updating the cart to a Denon 103R fitted with one of Ducs wooden bodies,then had the Rega 24 Volt motor upgrade & the Rega power supply added, All worthwhile upgrades.

But the addition of the silent Tech Base was a vast improvement to the Rega ,this De-couples the motor from the base, theres now space

between instruments :)

The next major updates were the additions of the Nad C165 Bee Pre-Amp joined with two Nad C275 Bee power amps (Bridged) 

You can never have enough power :thumb:

The Vafs really sing now with power & Clarity.

Ive also over the last couple of years updated ICs with Aurealis Silver cables & Audio Principe power cables.

Cheers

post-142144-0-27755400-1451784913_thumb.

post-142144-0-74340400-1451785278_thumb.

post-142144-0-96502400-1451785691_thumb.

Edited by Capone
  • Like 5

• 1 year later...

Last updated Jan 2016?- where does the time go???????

Since i last posted on this page, i've upgraded from the Vaf I91s to the I66s for the fronts, the centre speaker has also grown in size :)

I also made a Hi-Fi rack using the good old Ikea chopping blocks as the bases, this has helped in isolating all of my components thus helping with the noise floor. 

20170318_134501.jpg

20170318_134346.jpg

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

Time for an update!

Ive now re-instated the Vaf I91s into my room.As you can see my room is fairly small and the big Vaf I66s just didnt have enough room to open up.With the standmounts now in place i have control of the bass notes (im using a sub as well).ive lost some high and mid detail as compared to the I66s, but with the sort of music i listen too im not missimg too much?

20180128_101243.jpg

20180128_101154.jpg

• Like 6

• 10 months later...