Capones System

2 5.1 systems?

Sent from my iPhone 5.

A  2 channel system with 2 Subs for music

and a 5.1 channel system for tv and movies

Its not for everyone as you have 5 speakers at the front, but it suits my needs :)

Oh dear.

I have just realised ( facepalm )that I posted my response in the wrong thread.  :sorry:  I was lucky that Capone liked it anyway but it was intended for a thread where someone was seeking advice on an amp/speaker combination and ( as usual ) it drifted OT

• Like 1

I don't think it was a loss, you'll hear when you come over.

Your Castle speakers sound wonderfully bassy and smooth compared to the VAF 'sound' (especially when you move the coffee table :) ) so I can see why Capone would think the loss of a Sub could be a loss. Some of the best systems I've heard have had powered 'bass' (Mondies, Darthlakers)

Ps. I'll be in touch soon about the tonearm Batty.

• Like 1

Your Castle speakers sound wonderfully bassy and smooth compared to the VAF 'sound' (especially when you move the coffee table :) ) so I can see why Capone would think the loss of a Sub could be a loss. Some of the best systems I've heard have had powered 'bass' (Mondies, Darthlakers)

Ps. I'll be in touch soon about the tonearm Batty.

Don't forget we've moved house

All good, ive got your new address

Looking forward to checking out your "collection" of TTs

Oh yeh, nice gear.

You could buy a vaf i66cc off me ya know!

The I66 is a fantastic speaker, and a great buy for someone, but a bit out of my price range.

I will be looking for single I90 in the near future to finish of my ensemble thou :)

• Like 1

A new addition to the family-the Nad 565Bee CD/DAC Player, a big step up over the old pioneer one I had

Its great when you add a new piece of equipment and you hear the difference straight away :thumb:

And ive finally gotten around to mounting the TV on the wall, which has allowed me to bring the TT to the centre of the cabinet

The centre of attention as it should be :)

post-142144-0-05052700-1405566383_thumb.

post-142144-0-32082300-1405566542_thumb.

post-142144-0-92595700-1405566854_thumb.

• Like 1

Capone

as I understand it, you run separate stereo and home theatre systems - i91's for stereo and i90's for home theatre.

Re the i90's (which I also have in  second system) which I see sitting on the top of the cabinet (like mine :( no stands or wall mounts. ).  Have you tried locating them on the front edge of the cabinet, as opposed to back against the wall?  If so, did you find a difference/improvement?  I try and keep these at the fron at home, and my wife likes them back where they are 'neater' and out of the way.  I just suspect I get a bit more low frequency boom off the cabinet surface when they are at the back.

Benje

Capone

as I understand it, you run separate stereo and home theatre systems - i91's for stereo and i90's for home theatre.

Re the i90's (which I also have in  second system) which I see sitting on the top of the cabinet (like mine :( no stands or wall mounts. ).  Have you tried locating them on the front edge of the cabinet, as opposed to back against the wall?  If so, did you find a difference/improvement?  I try and keep these at the fron at home, and my wife likes them back where they are 'neater' and out of the way.  I just suspect I get a bit more low frequency boom off the cabinet surface when they are at the back.

Benje

yes, two separate systems

Funny how you mentioned the I90s as I was thinking about that last night.im waiting for some feet to arrive for the I90s and then ill bring them forward :thumb:

I agree with you, would sound better in the front position

Nice setup capone  :thumb:

I'm curious as to how you have your subs hooked up for music - via the speaker outs or line in? What is your crossover level?

I originally had them set up via the pre outs from my 2-channel amp

But i have since changed to the speaker outputs, i find this separates the R/H & L/H channels better and has taken the load of the speakers which are stand mounts

Ive currently got the crossover around 55HZ,I find this a good average for my music, good bottom end without the boom you can get from subs  .

But as ive only had the subs for about a month im still experimenting  :)(love em)

The NAD matches the Anthem quite nicely, its all about the blue lights!

I like the TT being in the centre as well, a very nice look. Overall the system keeps getting better visually and acoustically.

What else have i got to sell you.... hmmm.... VAF 1-91 centre?

• Like 1