ME14 & 15 Pre-Amplifier Inside Pictures

Does anyone has by coincidence, internal pictures of the different  ME14 & 15 Pre-Amplifier versions?

It would be great to see the differences.

Best regards.

Mig

The only difference between the ME14 and ME15, is the addition of a phono stage (for the ME15). I will post some pics later today.

That said, there are significant differences between the older and newer style ME preamps. I will also try to post some photos of those differences as well.

• Like 2

The only difference between the ME14 and ME15, is the addition of a phono stage (for the ME15). I will post some pics later today.

That said, there are significant differences between the older and newer style ME preamps. I will also try to post some photos of those differences as well.

This would be amazing...!...Mil gracias...!

Nice power supply and layout.

Just wondering what opamps? are used.

It doesn't matter. There are no OP amps used in the signal path. They're usually TL082 or similar. They're used only for DC servo duties, so performance is not important. ALL the audio circuits use hand matched (to within 1% tolerance) transistors, in a zero global NFB topolgy. Since there is no global NFB, nor any capacitors in the signal path, a DC servo is used to ensure DC offset is kept to a few microVolts.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

Hi Trevor,

thanks so much for the pictures, I love to see the bare facts ...

My "ME 15" looks very close to your old "ME 25" but my MC Phono Board is much bigger...?

It also includes eight caps, your ME 25 just four...???

Sadly I will never use the Phono Board, I only need the LINE input...

I would love to have a LINE ONLY ME 14 Pre,  with the newer (like yours) style case that I like very much...

One thig I must confess, if you take the Phono Board out, there´s next to NOTHING inside...;-)

Pure minimalism...

Best regards

Miguel

P.S. I will post pics of my "ME 15" soon...

Edited by Miguel Rodriguez
  • Like 1

Hi Trevor,

thanks so much for the pictures, I love to see the bare facts ...

My "ME 15" looks very close to your old "ME 25" but my MC Phono Board is much bigger...?

It also includes eight caps, your ME 25 just four...???

Sadly I will never use the Phono Board, I only need the LINE input...

I would love to have a LINE ONLY ME 14 Pre,  with the newer (like yours) style case that I like very much...

One thig I must confess, if you take the Phono Board out, there´s next to NOTHING inside...;-)

Pure minimalism...

Best regards

Miguel

P.S. I will post pics of my "ME 15" soon...

Yes, the MC stage has four extra electrolytic caps over the MM stage. Obviously, the MC board is larger than the MM board.

The MC phono stage is good but w/o variable settings. If someone has a MM 15 or 25 and wants a MC board offer to buy the board! Or Miguel do you use headphones ? Ask ZP about modding the 15 to a killer head-amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MC phono stage is good but w/o variable settings. If someone has a MM 15 or 25 and wants a MC board offer to buy the board! Or Miguel do you use headphones ? Ask ZP about modding the 15 to a killer head-amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Frank,
that's not a good idea ...
No matter what I do, I like everything to be in order...
Am ME15 is what it is with Phono Stage and an ME14 without...
It´s just a shame that I will never use it...

Kind regards

Mig

• 1 year later...