Marantz recievers

Hi all

I'm thinking of getting a Marantz NR1604 over a Denon AVR-X2000. Leaning towards the Marantz as its slim. 

Wondering if anyone has either and can share some views?

Cheers

Hi all

I'm thinking of getting a Marantz NR1604 over a Denon AVR-X2000. Leaning towards the Marantz as its slim. 

Wondering if anyone has either and can share some views?

Cheers

1st thing to know is denon and marantz are sister brands and share much that is within. the 

denon x2000

Denon%20AVR-X2000%20back.jpg

marantz nr1604

XL_nr1604_u_b_re.jpg

as can see the marantz has a max consumption of 220W and denon 500w, whcih in itself is an indicator that the power amp stage of the denon is far more endowed.

while the marantz is a good choice if looking for a slim line design, overall my choice in this case would be the denon :)

but yeah not quite same in spec which makes an unfair comparison, if looking for comparitible models the marantz 5008 is a cousin of the denon x3000 :)

the reason i ask is i looked at the marantz small form factor for its sleek design, and lets face it , design can be a dealbreaker, and the first question the salesman asked me was the one i asked above. When i told him, and they arent anything majorly thirsty, Orpheus Aurora II's, he said...nope. Not the right amp for those speakers

thats my experience with it

i think you need something like Kef Eggs or Mission Cubes or any of those small compact designs to possibly have the marantz amp

its a nice amp though

Edited by mello yello II

hi mello yello ll

Thanks for your comments. 

I'm currently driving KEF KHT 2005.2 with a Cambridge Audio Azur 640R. The receiver is getting a bit old now and lacking connectivity and streaming type features and lack of modern on screen adjustment. this has been a great sounding set up and I expect I'd get the same from either of those amps. 

As for the speakers, they might change in time to something similar but better eg B&W MT-60D or some stand mounts. Not sure as yet. 

Cheers