Sign in to follow this  
Krispy Audio

New Solid Tech Hybrid rack system

Released at Munich this year was the Solid Tech Hybrid rack system. It's a modular shelf system that stacks via spikes. You can also attach two shelf holders per leg so you can go 2 or 3 (or more) wide. Start with a single shelf as an amp stand, and build as the budget allows! 

From $610 per shelf. Details still to come from Solid Tech but available now to order here. 

SolidTechHybrid__14078_zoom.jpg

Solid_Tech_Hybrid__98363_zoom.JPG

Looks alright - have they moved away from their decoupling (using springs) method of vibration control to one of coupling (spikes)?

or are there springs under each shoe that the spike sits on (hence the hybrid name)?

Edited by Sir Triode

Thought you might like the fact the edges are square :)

Nah you were right the first time, it's all fixed and rigid on this one. The Rack of Silence Reference is still their top model, this one based on their Radius principle of uber lightweight materials to dissipate vibrations fast. The resonant frequency will still be low I'm expecting when stats are out, and the other benefit over the Radius, apart from the obvious modularity, is that the shelves rest on the supports rather than bolt down - so you can add springs or footers such as Stillpoints underneath if you choose (although I prefer to use them directly under a component, i.e. as close as possible). 

So I think hybrid is really their term for 'modular'. 

The white one looks cool.

At least it won't be a PITA to setup like their ROS range. :P

Edited by Sir Triode

Guest JohnA

not sure on these ones..

i still prefer the ROS and if i were purchasing on looks, the radius wins there also  :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)