Any tips on how to keep Prophet warm in Crysis?  I kill all the friggin alien bad guys, Prophet rants on about how he's going to freeze without warmth - and nothing I do gets him to follow me, nor light a fire - even firing incendiary shells at wooden pallets.

Spent 4 hours on this one friggin scene and can't yet beat it.  SOOOOOOOO annoying.

and just for the PC specs followers...

Cpu i7-4771

Mobo Msi H87-G43 Gaming

Ram, 8 GB patriot ddr3 1600 Mhz

Case Antec 193

PSU Silverstone strider 750 watt SSt-ST75F-P

GPU gigabyte gtx 760 windforce

Samsung dvd

SSD ocz agility 4, 250 GB

OS windows 7 professional 64 bit

Input Corsair Vengence K70 keyboard + Corsair Vengence M95 mouse

Screen BenQ E220 HD

Sound Pioneer vsx 919 AVR powering the Paradigm 3SE bookshelf speakers.

Cooling.  Cpu cooler : Noctua NH L12.

Case fans : Noctua-A14-ULN X2   and Noctua NF-S12B-FLX

Edited by peacewise

Guest Peter the Greek

This is my rig.....not that new now I guess:

i7-4470k

Gigabyte S1150 Z87

Noctua NHD14

Coolermaster Cosmos Case

16gb of PC3-19200 2400mh ram (Cosair Vengeance Pro)

Gainward Phantom GTX760 2GB

Enermax Modu87+

256gb SSD (Samsung)

4TB WD drive

Main aim was quiet and powerful for PS....which is runs brilliantly. 

PS I have a 30" dell and a 24" dell

DeskFront.jpg

Guest Peter the Greek

Good to see another master of Orion player, I player moo original to death, but couldn't get into moo2. Moo3, crikey what a shocker that was.

Got MOO2 working nicely in DOSBox......damn its addictive

My first and only home built rig is ageing but I still don't think it is worth dropping another few thousand on a new rig just yet.

I built it back in July 2010. I remember everything went well except for the GPU. I could not get the system stable and very quickly proved it to be the issue by swapping out with a known working card. The Retailer made me do a BIOS update, check MB drivers, card drivers, etc but to no avail. Finally agreed to do a warranty replacement. So apart from that it was a good experience.

Specs:
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4MHz ( with mild OC to 3.75MHz)
MB - ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3
GPU - Power Color ATI Radeon HD 5870
RAM - Mushkin 2G DDR3-2000 x 4
SSD - G Skill Phoenix Pro 120G
HDD - Seagate 500G HDD
OD - LG BH10OD
PSU - Cooler Master GX 750W
Case - Cooler Master Elite 430
CPU cooler - Cooler Master V8

Audio - USB to Peachtree Decco 65

Q Acoustic Concept 20's

Rockford Fosgate 12" Punch series sub in homemade ported enclosure w 250W plate amp

*edit forgot audio lol

post-144337-0-51416500-1401604284_thumb.

post-144337-0-85400200-1401604295_thumb.

post-144337-0-91494100-1401604306_thumb.

Edited by Concept
  • Like 2

Any tips on how to keep Prophet warm in Crysis?  I kill all the friggin alien bad guys, Prophet rants on about how he's going to freeze without warmth - and nothing I do gets him to follow me, nor light a fire - even firing incendiary shells at wooden pallets.

Spent 4 hours on this one friggin scene and can't yet beat it.  SOOOOOOOO annoying.

You little ripper, finally got through that one scene, took about 6 boring hours...

Haven't got stuck since then, fingers crossed.

edit... I just installed the three patches for cyrsis... all my game saves aren't available now.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by peacewise
  • Like 2

Hah, thats hilarious.

I started that game on the X360, but got bored of it pretty quick, might have to revisit.

So im looking at building my next PC for gaming and general use, here are all the bits that i think i will need. Do you reckon this will go together ok?

Processor - Intel i7 4771 3.6ghz

Motherboard - Asrock Z87 Extreme 4

RAM - Corsair 8Gb (2x4gb DDR3) 16GB total

HDD - Samsung 250gb SSD Evo

PSU - Seasoninc Fanless X400 Modular

GPU - EVGA GTX 750Ti

Wireless Card - TP Link WDN4800 Dual Band 2.4 & 5 Ghz  

CPU Cooler - Thermaltake Slim X3 CPU Cooler

Case fan - Fractal Design Silent Series

The PSU will be used in my HTPC and the 630 Watt Seasonic will be swapped into the gaming PC. The case will be a Fractal Designs Define R2

Edited by RockandorRoll

Hah, thats hilarious.

I started that game on the X360, but got bored of it pretty quick, might have to revisit.

So im looking at building my next PC for gaming and general use, here are all the bits that i think i will need. Do you reckon this will go together ok?

GPU - EVGA GTX 750Ti

The PSU will be used in my HTPC and the 630 Watt Seasonic will be swapped into the gaming PC. The case will be a Fractal Designs Define R2

My last build was using a Fractal R4, I can't emphasize just how good those cases are. Build quality, features, ease of component assembly, quietness. Very impressed.

inside is ASUS P8Z77-M-PRO mATX, i7-3770 3.5GHZ, 2 x 8GB Patriot Viper RAM, Geoforce GTX 660 Ti with a 120GB SSD for OS and WD Black 2TB HD for storage.

Edited by DRC

Like so many tech issues, wasn't as bad as all that.. Just had to load my profile & the save games all showed up.

Phew, (wipes brow).

Big sigh of relief, lol

I have played through Crysis but I can simply remember running to the fires that was it? Was too long ago now.

Hah, thats hilarious.

GPU - EVGA GTX 750Ti

Socket 1150 has just been refreshed, u might prefer an i7 4790 cpu over the 4771.

Seasonic psu's - solid units.

GTX 750 Ti, good enough for starcraft2 I'm told, unsure about shooters.

Thermaltake slim x3 cooler, r u sure it fits socket 1150 mobos? One site has it as 1155 & 1156. Don't know myself.

Noctua NH l12 is a good low profile alternative.

All the rest looks good too.

• 4 weeks later...

Though I would give COH2 a go, after a 12 or so gig download on Steam another 16.3 gig is then queued up. Steaming pile of crap.

There is another 31 gig of optional content to go after that. Bloatware.

• 3 weeks later...

Question for those keen home PC builders.

I am after impressions of the system I am looking to build, below is where I am at:

CPU: AMD FX 9370

MB: ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer

GPU: 2 x XFX Radeon R9 290X

RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 4 x 4GB DDR3

SSD: Crucial M550 M.2 256GB

HD: Seagate Barracudaa 2TB

Case: Coolermaster HAF XM

CPU cooler: Coolermaster Nepton 280L

PSU: Aerocool Imperator 1150W 80+ gold

- Not sure if the MB is able to make full use of the 2 x R9 290X

- Tossing up between 4 x 4 GB RAM and 2 x 8 GB RAM, not sure of performance differences

PC main uses are for gaming and photo editing in that order

Any thoughts would be appreciated on the two points above or anything in general about the system, Just getting back into it and a few things have changed since the last time I decided to DIY my own PC.

Cheers

i'll weigh in. I used to play competitively many years ago and was quite highly ranked for Unreal Tournament (1) - in those days there wasn't really a career to be made (at least, not financially).

My favourite game series is Dawn of War - 40k. I own them all - and have spent many hours in lan sessions with friends (Chaos or Sisters of Battle for me). I also had sunk quite a lot of time playing the original Guild Wars (I never thought it was worth paying a subscription fee to play a game, so never did try WoW). Apparently the new Guild Wars is epic; but I just don't have the hours to sink into a game like that (otherwise I would have progressed MUCH further in Diablo 3 than I have). Call of Duty 2 will also have a special place in my gamer's heart. :)

Other titles of interest include/d:

- Team Fortress 2

- Star Wars KOTOR

- Warcraft 3

- Doom 3 (at night time with the lights off... many a JUMP in my seat!)

- Deus X

- Any SplinterCell game

- Call of Duty World @ War

For me; gaming has mainly been based around the social element. That's probably the largest reason I don't play much anymore - because none of my friends do. I wonder if we could get interest for an SNA Lan? Talking hifi while fragging each other.. sounds a potent mix. ;)

Juicester,

You brought back fond memories of the glorious gaming days...my only current attempt to game is on Diablo 3 these days.. taken me 1 year after the game was released to

- buy it and complete it (May 13)

- re-ignite my barbarian build to paragon level 28, now i think since May this year after purchasing the Reaper of Souls addon..

very sad indeed.. But..if given much notice..definately up for a lan session sometime..pending approval from the better half and away from 2 yr old gtg's..

This is it now:

CPU: Intel i7 4790k
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming GT
GPU: 2 x XFX Radeon R9 290X Double Dissipation BE
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 (2 x 8GB)
SSD: Samsung EVO 250GB (temp SSD while waiting for sata express drives)
HD: Seagate Barracudaa 2TB (cheap as simply for secondary storage of junk)
CPU cooler: Corsair H100i
PSU: Silverstone strider gold evolution 1000w

Display: Asus 28 inch 4 k PB287Q

This is it now:

CPU: Intel i7 4790k

MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming GT

GPU: 2 x XFX Radeon R9 290X Double Dissipation BE

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 (2 x 8GB)

SSD: Samsung EVO 250GB (temp SSD while waiting for sata express drives)

HD: Seagate Barracudaa 2TB (cheap as simply for secondary storage of junk)

CPU cooler: Corsair H100i

PSU: Silverstone strider gold evolution 1000w

Display: Asus 28 inch 4 k PB287Q

A sweet build, enjoy it.  No thoughts of a GTX Titan Z?  Just musing on uberness.

Geez, my rig is looking very old even compared to R&R's old one ;)

XEON 3110

Gigabyte DS4 mobo

4gig ram

1tera sata

HD5560

I haven't played games in years, but was predominantly a FPS player, most memorable moments were in AvP (or was it AvP2) where you play through as Marine then Alien or Predator and then the remaining one. running backwards in a panic spraying rounds indiscriminately into the shadows, that proximity detector was freaking me out... :) As an Alien it was fun being able to leap from surface to another and running around the walls and ceilings, I adapted to this mode pretty easily.

I enjoyed FEAR too, and the world in STALKER was mighty interesting.

Felt like gaming the other week and spotted FarCry3 for 20 bucks in EB, will the old budget HD 5560 cut it? nah, not a chance even on a small screen, so popped in an old HD 3870 X2 and it plays OK on the small screen, but can't seem to get very interested, It's not the game but me in some way, too old maybe.

One thing I hated, is that without a net connection you can't activate the game, I have never liked this kind of system.

Edited by ortofun

Geez, my rig is looking very old even compared to R&R's old one ;)

XEON 3110

Gigabyte DS4 mobo

4gig ram

1tera sata

HD5560

I haven't played games in years, but was predominantly a FPS player, most memorable moments were in AvP (or was it AvP2) where you play through as Marine then Alien or Predator and then the remaining one. running backwards in a panic spraying rounds indiscriminately into the shadows, that proximity detector was freaking me out... :) As an Alien it was fun being able to leap from surface to another and running around the walls and ceilings, I adapted to this mode pretty easily.

I enjoyed FEAR too, and the world in STALKER was mighty interesting.

Felt like gaming the other week and spotted FarCry3 for 20 bucks in EB, will the old budget HD 5560 cut it? nah, not a chance even on a small screen, so popped in an old HD 3870 X2 and it plays OK on the small screen, but can't seem to get very interested, It's not the game but me in some way, too old maybe.

One thing I hated, is that without a net connection you can't activate the game, I have never liked this kind of system.

Haha..loved Avp and Avp2. :) Didnt get in much into Fear but agree - Stalker 1 was quite good. 

Just pulled the dual chip card as can't see myself playing any more FarCry3, damn thing uses heaps of juice! and might be straining my 450w supply.