Sign in to follow this  
Krispy Audio

High End Munich 2014

Looking forward to your pics Cam!

Have a great trip :popcorn:

how did he post from the air???  :confused:  :D

Ha - I posted at some insane hour of the day in Munich. Hadn't slept much in about 22hrs!! Just up from a great sleep though and (at 4:30am) am ready to hit the day. If anything is open lol.

Today is the Trade day, I thought this may mean it would be quieter but from what I'm told it can be just as hectic. Not a bad thing. But so many things I've been looking forward to hearing and seeing so I'm really amped. 

Now......can an Aussie get a sausage and some sauerkraut for brekky around here at this time of day? Sure hope so! Auf Wiedersehen!!

germansausage_knackwurst.jpg

Don't forget your "Grüss Gott!", the Bavarian version of the French "Bonjour monsieur/madame!"...

Only thing open at 4:30am is the coffee shop at the Hauptbahnhof, and btw stay away from currywurst or spätzle.

Deeply envious...

now i remember you said you were going to munich show.

awesome!!!!!!

have fun - please take plenty of pics! 

will be a fantastic experience.  :thumb:

checkout the new martin logan speaker.

maybe you can become the aus trinity dac dealer!?  :hiccup

Enjoy! I love Munich, great city.

New pics are up on Facebook. Whoa what a ride! Today was really cool. I got there early and had an espresso and a salami and pickle baguette. Lol. Met a few of my suppliers early on, but then filtered around the area to see what I wanted to see. All the manufacturers bring out the big guns - the Living Voice room must be worth a small fortune! The sound was fantastic. Plenty of headphone gear to listen too, and they did it well e.g. Beyerdynamic have the one player connected to 4 headphones so you can quickly try them all with the same song. And I still lust for a pair of T1s :)

The venue is really well catered as well. The conference centre cafeteria is like a restaurant, there are about 4 options or you can go outside for bier and bockwurst rolls which we did - and choose your favourite mustard and ketchup. Loving that. 

Time flew today but I got to hear some great stuff. The majority of rooms were using digital servers for playback, but also coupled with turntables. They're also happy to give you the remote so you can choose some tracks. 

A quick train ride back to the city and I'm about to hit the pub for some meat-rich dining - wo!

Weiss wurst is a traditional breakfast sausage in Munich with mustard, pretzel, 1/2L Weiss bier........ Fun to watch the "suits" tucking in at 7am on their way to work!

Thanks! Loving the photos on Facebook. The description is well written, it really helps with understanding with what's going on in the room. 

Thanks for the kind words H.

This morning I'm seeing the Wilson Benesch guys. They're not at the main show, but rather have hired a large room in a hotel in the historic circle of Munich (which is where I'm staying as well). Apparently there are a few spin-offs like this, not sure if it's because they want to do their own thing, or if the main show is too expensive for some exhibitors to swallow. 

On the way back yesterday I saw one of these BMW i8 hybrid cars with "test car" on the back. It was unbelievable. 

The days are really long here at the moment, it didn't get dark until after 9pm. I noticed some shops stayed open until about 8pm, but most don't open until 10am. That's a great way to go I reckon, because you can get the office people's business after hours rather than them having to rush in at lunch or take weekend time. 

Oh - I finally found a good coffee last night. Yesterday morning I was dumbfounded to see that every place I went into (about 10) used push-button instant coffee machines for their coffee! I stumbled upon a place called Coffee Fellows which is open until 10pm, and they've got the good stuff that I've been craving for a couple of days. A nice vibe there and free wifi complete the deal :)

Last night I was recommended a place to eat called Bum Durnbrau (established 1487!). It was jam packed inside, so I set the trend and took a table outside. I ordered a 250ml beer, the waiter declined and said "You a strong man, 500ml pint!" and walked away. Lol. I ordered the half duck with red cabbage and potato dumplings, and was amazed that it was served in about 30 seconds. No exaggeration. I asked how that was done, he said it's busy and they just keep cooking the food. Awesome. A group of about a dozen people sat down next to me and I had to join the conversation when they started referencing Australia - just to give them some local knowledge. Turns out they were from all over the globe and had congregated in Munich for a conference on nuclear power. That was the business they were all in, so had a fascinating couple of hours chewing the fat. I had to laugh when they asked what I knew about nuclear power (which is not much). I said I knew about Chernobyl of course, and that my understanding was that waste disposal was a problem. They quickly corrected my negative sentiments towards Chernobyl (rightly or wrongly!), but what concerned me was that they agreed about the waste saying yes, it's an issue. Riiiighto. Back to your convention guys, I think you need to work that one out fairly quickly please! 

I saw this guy in the train station yesterday too. Poor bloke must have fallen into a pot of liquid gold :)

goldman.jpg

Edited by Krispy Audio

Pfttt! 250ml!

Get a 1 litre flagon/tankard you girly man!

Edited by Sir Triode

Ha I just wanted a taste in case it wasn't the go. I won't embarrass myself next time :)

The beer over there is less gassy compared to the ones locally. You can drink more of it before becoming bloated. Try and see if they have left over Easter Beer (made by the Monks) It is dark and tastes like honey and malt - no bitter after taste.  DoppelBock Dunkel.

Edited by Sir Triode

The beer over there is less gassy compared to the ones locally. You can drink more of it before becoming bloated. Try and see if they have left over Easter Beer (made by the Monks) It is dark and tastes like honey and malt - no bitter after taste.  DoppelBock Dunkel.

My sojourns to Czech Republic and Germany remain perpetually hazy......... :hiccup

Thanks for the Facebook photos  - and especially your listening impressions.

Have fun!

Hey Cameron,

Did you get to see any VPI TT's, like the stunning

Classic Direct?

Enjoy your trip.

T

Keep an eye on our Facebook page for some pics of the Munich High End hifi show that starts tomorrow. Hopefully I'm over the jet lag by then...urgh :hiccup

https://www.facebook.com/krispykables

Ahhhh.....the joy of sitting at the back of the plane.

I got to try n get to this event next year. Can I volunteer to become an honorary krispy staff member for the day so I can attend on trade day? I promise to only suss out cool stuff.

Edited by Dr Nick

VPI didn't make it to Munich this year, and haven't seen anyone sporting their tables as yet (but haven't hit all rooms). 

Today was a different day, Wilson Benesch teamed up with CH Precision to have a small demo for dealers and distributors in a city hotel. It was a good change of pace from the main event, and gave me a bit of time for some shopping as well. 

I was going to mention earlier that Munich really know how to promote a show. There were banners and billboards everywhere form the airport, to the train stations, and even in this poster holder in a random tiny backstreet. Most people I chat to know about it when I mention it. 

New pics up shortly on Facebook from today of the WB gear. Not a lot, will be taking a heap more photos for you guys tomorrow when I'm back at the main gig. 

Oh - brekky was off its head this morning at the hotel. They had waffles with three different types of honey, the usual breads with eggs, fruit salad, a whole array of smoked cold meats cheeses, you name it. I think I had 5 or 6 plates lol. They forced beer upon me at lunch and again, insisted I went straight for the pint. Can't complain :)

post-121764-0-76233400-1400251947_thumb.

Today's pics are up! It was fairly crowded today, about 4x as many people it seems compared with the trade-only day. Weather here was funny, it was drizzly in the morning, then you could wear a t-shirt during the day, and at 7:30pm it was brilliantly sunny and warm. Awesome. 

Oh, and then I came across these buskers and filmed most of it. Have you ever heard Daft Punk's Get Lucky played with an accordion and strings, and a couple of crazy vocalists? You've GOT to hear this - pure gold! 

Thanks for that , enjoy it . :P 

Final round of pics from the Show is up! https://www.facebook.com/krispykables

It was quiet today. Some of the exhibitors said they don't think they need the Sunday. I disagree. The past few days were spent running around madly, trying to cram it all in but not really getting any quality time anywhere. So today I knew exactly what I was interested in, and could spend a good 15-30mins in each of the rooms to hear a greater range of music. For example the Living Voice speakers I'd heard thrice before, but every time it was opera playing. I finally got to hear some jazz and rock on them, and yes for your $600k Euro outlay, you'll be happy with those genres too. 

I then hit the English Gardens afterwards, where everyone was out (even at 6:30pm) enjoying the weather. It was like 23deg at this time, and there were so many people in the parklands throwing frisbees, playing cricket, soccer, you name it. They really know how to make the most of the outdoors. There are bicycles everywhere. I also saw three naked men sunbathing on the grass. No one seemed to mind lol. Then I came across this! The river (Isar) flows through the park. It's like a giant Centennial Park, just gorgeous. Then I saw this bridge where the water sounded like it was rushing really fast like rapids. I went over to the edge for a squiz, and saw these guys! What a top spot! Who'd have thought you'd see surfing in Germany!! 

Did you want to join them? The surfers I mean not the 3 neked guys.

So now I have to pack my wetty, boogieboard and flippers _as well as_ the down jacket and hiking boots when I next visit Munich?

Where's Chapelle when you need her? (JOKE!)

So now I have to pack my wetty, boogieboard and flippers _as well as_ the down jacket and hiking boots when I next visit Munich?

Where's Chapelle when you need her? (JOKE!)

You could always go nekked...